Sugar Shakers for followers of Sugar Busters and other GI based diets

View Poll Results: When was the late time you ate food from a fast food joint? (burger/pizza/sub, etc)
This past week 11 32.35%
Within the last 2 weeks 7 20.59%
Within the last month 6 17.65%
Within the last 2-3 months 3 8.82%
Within the last 4-6 months 3 8.82%
More than 6 months ago, but less than a year 2 5.88%
More than a year ago 1 2.94%
More than 2+ years ago 1 2.94%
Never have! 0 0%
Other 0 0%
Voters: 34. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 06-10-2002, 06:08 AM   #1  
SUPER CHICK aka Moderator

Post Sugar Busters Weekly Support Board 6/10-6/16

This is the SUGAR BUSTERS WEEKLY SUPPORT BOARD where all of you who are following this WOE, or are thinking about doing so, are welcome to come join in and be a part of our wonderful group.

Other than finding support and friendship on this board, we also try to do something during the the week to add a little difference to our board.

MONDAY-MOTIVIATIONAL MONDAY
TUESDAY-TUESDAYS TIPS & FACTS & CHAT AT 9:15PM EST
WEDNESDAY-WEIGH-IN WEDNESDAY
THURSDAY-THURSDAY RECIPE DAY
FRIDAY-FRIDAY FUNNIES

Please visit our NEW 2002 BIO BOARD where you can learn more about everyone who is on this board:

http://64.119.161.199/forum/showthre...?threadid=3773

Please make sure you post your BIO on the LATEST VERSION of our BIO BOARD everyone!!!!

Our APRIL/MAY/JUNE 2002-SECOND QUARTER RECIPE BOARD can be located at the link below:

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/show...threadid=14779

We have NINE INFORMATIVE BOARDS!!!! Please take a few minutes to visit them! New information is continually being posted, so please make sure you visit them often!!!

THE RECOMMENDED READING BOARD:

http://64.119.161.199/forum/showthre...?threadid=2342

THE TOOLS & TIPS BOARD:

http://64.119.161.199/forum/showthre...?threadid=2344

THE FOOD INFORMATION BOARD:

http://64.119.161.199/forum/showthre...?threadid=2365

MOTIVATIONAL & INSPIRING THOUGHTS BOARD

http://64.119.161.199/forum/showthre...?threadid=2359

and our newest board MY FAVORITE SB LEGAL FOODS

http://64.119.161.199/forum/showthre...?threadid=5005

Want to post your weigh in results, we have a MONTHLY WEIGH IN BOARD at the link below:

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/show...threadid=16593

We also now have a SB WEEKLY EXERCISE BOARD that you can log your daily/weekly exercises on:

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/show...threadid=17038

DO YOU HAVE A MONTHLY GOAL? Post your End of Month Goal on our new GOAL BOARD at the link below:

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/show...threadid=16592

VISIT OUR NEW SUGAR BUSTERS 2001/2002 PICTURE GALLERY at the link below. You can upload pictures or post links to pictures on this board

http://64.119.161.199/forum/showthre...?threadid=7954

Visit our monthly FOOD FOR THOUGHT BOARD were you can post a daily menu and see other board members menus!

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/show...threadid=14780

NEWBIES! (aka new members) If you would like to REPLY to any of our threads, please hit POST REPLY not NEW THREAD, then type your message in and hit SUBMIT REPLY. If you need to edit your reply, just click on edit located in the body of your post and make changes as you need to, then hit SUBMIT NOW.

WELCOME!

Old 06-10-2002, 06:15 AM   #2  

GOOD MONDAY MORNING EVERYONE!

Will post my usual morning post sometime later, but wanted to make sure I got our
MOTIVATIONAL MONDAY
done early in the morning, so here's my contribution for MM, you get 4 of them today, I was on a role:

TURNING POSITIVE

In every life there is plenty of time and energy available for magnificent success and achievement. Yet too often that energy is wasted on unproductive, negative pursuits.

The next time you feel yourself becoming negative, stop and consider what would happen if you applied that negative energy in a positive direction. Imagine what would happen if you simply turned it around, and put it to work for you instead of against you.

A car that is traveling 70 miles per hour toward the north can be easily stopped, turned around and heading 70 miles per hour toward the south. In the same way, you can control your own personal energy to that it moves you toward your goals and dreams rather than away from them.

Instead of bitterly complaining, transform your complaints into useful and productive suggestions. Instead of being envious, transform that envy into positive admiration. Rather than wasting your time with worry, make use of your time with action. Instead of getting destructively angry, become creatively determined.

The energy is already there, ready for you to use. Just imagine what can happen when you make sure it flows in a positive direction.

-- Ralph Marston

REACHING HIGHER

When the challenges become more difficult and the obstacles become more daunting, respond by reaching higher. When the difficulties holding you back become strong, let your desire to get through them grow even stronger.

There is no limit to the goals you can set for yourself or to the dreams you can hold in your heart. So make your dreams bigger than your problems. More than any skill, or resource or other advantage in this world, your desire will determine how far you go. So when the going gets rough, let your desire get even stronger.

If the goal does not seem worth the effort, then make the goal worth more. Keep reaching higher, until where you're going far outweighs what you must go through to get there.

When you have a reason to make it happen, you'll find a way to make it happen. When the goal is meaningful enough, you'll find a way to reach it no matter what.

Set your sights higher and you'll find you're able not only to look beyond the obstacles, but to get beyond them too.

-- Ralph Marston

"Though no one can go back and make a brand new start, any one can start from now and make a brand new ending." (Author Unknown)

BELIEVE IN YOURSELF

You are your greatest asset
there is nothing you can't do.
No one can keep you from dreaming
only you can stop them coming true.
Your achievements are determined
by the desire that you possess.
Believe in who you are.
Believe in what you do.
It's not a quirk of fate
It's strictly up to you.

Have a wonderful day, and a fabulous week!!!!!

Debbie
194/12?/129
SB since 3/22/00
Reached goal 6/10/01
Old 06-10-2002, 06:20 AM   #3  

We have TWO BIRTHDAYS TO CELEBRATE THIS WEEK!!!

BOTH OUR BIRTHDAY GALS CELEBRATE THEIR BIRTHDAY THE SAME DAY! It's FROG'S BIRTHDAY and SHEANN'S BIRTHDAY this WEDNESDAY, JUNE 12TH

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO BOTH OF YOU!

Old 06-10-2002, 07:36 AM   #4  
aka Zippy LiverFace

Talking MONDAY, MONDAY!

Greetings from Sunny Central Florida!

I'm sorry I have been remiss in posting. Things have been VERY HECTIC here! We're down one position on my team at work and having to carry the load as well as train a temp. Both my other team members are super users in our computer conversion and so I'm really the only full time employee in our department right now and having to do everything. That means "working lunches".

While doing all this I'm surfing the web for houses, arranging meetings with our realtor and trying to get all the mortgage paperwork taken care of.

On our week-ends we are full time puppy playing and house hunting. Then the cleaning and grunchy store shopping still has to get done.

I'm incredibly stressed in all directions.

Luckily I had gotten into a SB routine so my food choices haven't been too bad. We did scarf on some Popeye's fried chicken and biscuits last week-end on our way to see the puppies.

Puppies are 6 weeks old and we've got 2 rolls of film covering their growth over all 6 weeks. NEO is adorable and handling being the only boy in the litter very well. He adores Vince and seeks him out when we are all on the floor playing together. Their teeth are very sharp and Vince got his ear almost pierced yesterday. They drew blood! We'll get to bring him home the first week-end in July.

We bid on 2 houses yesterday. One is a HUD home that's actually pretty nice - just needs some updating, but we can do that as we get money. The yard is huge and the house is right around the corner from us.

The other house is 3 houses down from us. Smaller bedrooms, MUCH smaller yard, but it is VERY nice and has been taken care of very well. AND we'd still have our favorite surrogate grandparents very close to us. Mary did a jig yesterday when we told her we'd bid on the house. It's about $6K more than the HUD home. The houses are selling as fast as they go on the market, so we wanted to have a shot at this one if the HUD home doesn't go through.

I haven't even read any posts. Sorry! But hopefully I'll be able to catch up.

DEBBIE: How's your marathon training coming?? I'm up to 10 miles in 3:05. Didn't go this week-end and only did 7 miles last week-end, but plan to be back on training schedule this week. (I hope!)

Guess I should've labeled this post ME ME ME!!

I want to hear about BIRTHDAY PLANS!!! LADIES????
Old 06-10-2002, 08:00 AM   #5  
Bustin' Buddy

Good Monday Morning!

How's everyone today? I am doing much better! I go to the doctor today - hopefully he will be removing these horribly painful plastic splints that are in my nose! I know the pain will be horrid so I'm taking a much needed demerol before I go! I'll let y'all know how it goes when I get home!

SOL: Hey girl! Glad to see you post! Why is it that you are having to move in the first place? I'm sure you said why before but I have CRS really bad and I don't remember! It would be nice to be able to stay in the same area that you are in being that you are close to your neighbors there. The puppies sound precious! I've got an earring that will look great on Vince! It's a CZ emerald cut 1ct. diamond! HAHA! Since my hubby sat on one of them - I only have 1 left!! HAHA! Those teeth sure are sharp huh?!? Don't you just love Popeye's! It's the best! I love the onion rings! Don't be such a stranger - I missed you!

Ok well.....I'll go for now! Wish me luck at the doctor!!

Missy
284/239/170
Old 06-10-2002, 08:33 AM   #6  

Default Monday

I have been MIA since Friday because of these house repairs. The back step has been replaced by a small deck, I have a brand new front door and all the windows are brand new! Things went very well and now only the siding has to be finished on the front and back and that should be done on Saturday. The casing around the windows on the inside of the house has to be done and will be worked on during the week. All in all, everything is going swimmingly! The garage will be roofed and sided after our vacation. We have gone 1000 dollars over budget, meaning, we spent 1000 dollars more than Daddy sent me, but Mom told me on the phone "Don't worry about anything, just buy what you need." Well that was music to my ears of course, especially with our vacation looming over our heads at the end of June.

The baby budgies are doing well. They still want to fly a bit but once they are out of the cage for about 5 minutes they settle down and perch on the kids shoulders for ages.

My eating was not great this weekend, as usual. Weekends are definitely my downfall nowadays. But it is Monday and I already hopped on the wagon. I am going to a 100th Birthday of a friend's church tonight that is being catered and I am telling myself that I am going to stay on plan!! I will report back about it tomorrow.

Have a great day all!
Old 06-10-2002, 08:59 AM   #7  

Good Morning Everyone

It's a beautiful sunny morning here but I have to get moving and do some house chores before I can go out to-day.

Sol - It's good to see you posting again. Sorry you are having such a hectic time. The puppies sound cute even if they are a little snappy.

Fruitloupe - Good luck at the doctor's to-day. Hope it is not too painful. Taking the demerol beforehand should help.

Have to get moving and get on with my chores.

Bye for now. Have a great day everyone.

Marie.
Old 06-10-2002, 09:06 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 257/169/155

Height: 5'6"

Happy Monday All!

Boy I really hate not being able to get onthe computer over the weekend. I get so far behind and I really miss you guys.

Went to a wedding Sat night. No cake!. Yesterday we went to a friends house to swima nd have a cook-out. I took a veggie tray to munch on all day and we had chicken and green beans, fried corn and I made a huge salad with strawberries and mandarin oranges. It was great. Of course, I skipped the fried corn and baked potatoes. Didn't even give it a second thought. Even DH skipped the potatoes. Drank tons of water all day too. Got up at 5:15 today and walked. Even DH went with me. Our church picnic is this weekend and he will be up there every night helping set up the booths and stuff so he won't be able to walk at nites at all this week.

Tried to read all the posts since Friday, It's so busy here already that I only got to make a few replies.

Deb, I was reading a Fitness mag last nite. It said you should consume 14 calories for every pound you weigh so your body doesn't go into starvation mode. That would be 2,618 calories for me. That sounds like way too many to lose weight. What do?
you think.

Monet, I thought about you Sat nite when I go in bed and was wondering how the wedding went. Glad to hear it was nice. Can't wait to see pictures.

Red 1, I am a secretary for a construction co. I do a lot more than just type letters though. I have 3 bosses and 3 othr guys that I work for. I am one bosses right hand "man". I have been here 30 years and love every minute of it. It normally is pretty calm, but we have a 30 million dollar job starting at the race track. Pretty high profile and short schedule.

Gumbo, WTG on passing up the dessert. It gets easier. Don't you feel better about passing it up than eating it?

HS Mama, I cooked the fries on 350.

Fruit, Ouch! Bet that visit was pretty painful. Hope Monday's isn't. You should lose a couple of pounds with that laxative. LOL

Toni, How do you make your taco salad?

Deb, Can't Lauren wear the dress she wore to the dance for the Captain's Dinner?

Solshine, Sounds like lovely houses. Hope one of them work out for you. Take some time for you and de-stress. Puppies sound adorable.

Gracious, you house will soon be completed. Sounds wonderful. I can't iamgine birds flying around loose in my house. 100 years old. Wish that lady a happy birthday from me.

Sorry I didn't get to post to everyone I'll try to do better this week.

Have a great day!

Jackie
257/187/145
10-10-01
Old 06-10-2002, 09:12 AM   #9  

Default Good Monday Morning

Dear Fellow Sbers:

Hope you are all having a good morning. I am up and at work - and boss is back from being on a cruise, so I know it will be a stressful day! Oh well......

I have an appointment with the personal trainer at noon. I am looking forward to it very much! I have gotten to where I am really excited about my workout. I am starting to see a difference in myself - the cottage cheese seems to be smoothing out some - from weight loss and exercise is my guess.... but it makes me feel really good.

Today I am having a pear for breakfast - a huge pear! I packed veggies for a salad for lunch - tonight I am having left over spaghetti squash and salad....I wish I had more egg beaters or I would make another quiche tonight - Deb's recipe is fabulous!

Fruit - Good luck with the doctors - sounds painful, but will be so good to get it over with!

Gracious - the little birdies sound so sweet, and you will have to post a pic of you and your home after it is all finished!

Sol - Sorry to hear work is so stressful, but stay away from that Popeyes!!!

Sheann and Frog, Hope you have a good birthday week!!!!!!

Well Boss is being a pain in the tushy, got to run!

Sabrina
Old 06-10-2002, 10:02 AM   #10  

Good Monday Morning Everyone

Got in my walk with barely much jogging today. Even though I was out of the house a bit past 7am, it was brutal out there and I didn't have much get up and go to go much faster than I did. It took me 50:55 to do my 4.5 miles.

We had a nice day out with the kids yesterday but didn't accomplish the shopping-for-Lauren part. By the time we went to see my Granparents and Great Aunt to say good-bye to them for the summer, stop at SB office so Eli could get some stuff for the new store and drive up to Broward we only had enough time for lunch, movie and Carbolite. Michael went to see KISSING JESSICA STEIN which he liked a lot and Lauren, Eli and I went to see MY BIG FAT GREEK WEDDING which we all loved. I thought it was a great movie and would love to see it again!

Okay, let me set up this little scenario for you. My Great Aunt is 95 years old and has a boyfriend that's 75 years old that I despise and can't stand. Yesterday when we go over to see everyone (they all live in a duplex my grandparents built, GP in one part/GA & BF in the other) he yells out the window (like a moron) that he won $270,000 on the Belmont Race. Of course, I thought he was joking, idiot that we know him to be, so when my GF answered his door I asked him if it was true as I do know this guy does bet on the horse races-he said it was true! He actually won more, but after taxes he gest $270K! Some people have all the luck! Funny thing was, he couldn't go claim his winnings right away as when he gave up his car my Aunt threw away his drivers license!!! She is SOOO happy as all his money before this is going to her charity that she supports and has so for over 50 years and when he goes, so will this additional amount of funds. He bet the 70-1 long shot and the second horse to come in as it did. Eli said he told him he had bet $15,000 on the race - geez, nice to have that kind of $$$$! Something I'LL never know!!!

Well, I can happily say that TODAY HAS BEEN 1 YEAR SINCE I MET MY ORIGINAL GOAL WEIGHT!!! I can't believe it's been a year that I not only met goal but have been able to maintain it. Actually, I'm well below it As of today's weight of 122.5 I've only lost 6.5lbs, but along the way I've had a low of 118. I'm thrilled and delighted that I've been able to go lower than I had ever anticipated and able to stay in this 5lb cushion for myself. Of course, there's no great thrills to see big losses these days on the scale, but just knowing I'm able to be consistent on the scale is something I will learn to be thrilled and delighted with. This is the first time in my life that I've been able to keep weight off for so long!! So, here's to going on another year!

Kids end school this week. Just go word that Michael gets out every day this week early, Noon, so not giving me much time to do a lot before I have to go get him. Lauren gets out at 2:30pm today, early as well. Will be a busy week before their trip, I can see Thursday will be a day of shopping-UGH!

FRUIT, OMG, that sounds so icky to have your nose being cleaned out so soon! Well, thankfully so, I'm sure he left a little gray matter in the head, you aren't total SFB, though I will understand your CRS syndrome more so now Glad to hear you are feeling better, I'm sure each day will show great improvements. Hope today's appt. goes a bit more smoothley. Geez, you CRS and you ARE FOS! Hope that laxative helps you out, or should I say, helps it come out. To answer your bargain question...I usually do like what I buy at bargain prices. MY BIG PROBLEM is that I end up not wearing anything I buy! I want to try to change and wear new styles but I find I am just so comfortable in what I've been wearing for years that I just buy it and don't wear it. I have things with tags on them that I bought a year or more ago that are now too big! Hey, it took me til just a few weeks ago to carry a purse! What a major thing that was for me. I have, for the lat 12 years or so I guess, used my fanny pack as a purse. I carry it on my shoulder, not wear it. I hated purses. It wasn't til recently that I had to use a purse as the fanny would of looked tacky for this lunch I went to for Michael's school. I had found a gorgrous PALOMA PICCASSO shoulder bag at a garage sale for $1 and decided to try it. It was very awkward for me, hated how it felt, but I used it and little by little I got use to it. Since that day, I haven't used my fanny pack. I've bought several purses at yard sales in the past and this is the first one I've actually used. Maybe there's hope for me and my clothes one day!!!! As for the quack, I mean Dr. you went to in the past, yes, if I'm not mistaken, medical records should be still available and I'd definitely pursue getting this looked into by an attorney and let him/her see if you have some sort of recourse-it's just not right.

TRANQUIL, glad to see you whittiling another 1/2 pound off your body. You're reaching some milestones there girl! Thrilled you enjoyed the quiche-what did SERENE think of it? Isn't it easy!!! I usually make a double batch of it as it tends to dissapear quickly in our house-it freezes wonderfully and nukes up great.

COUNTRY, 10 acres, my goodness, that's a nice chunk of land. To think, I complain about taking care of my yard, not sure how big it is, but it's feet!!!

BETH, I like the renewed attitude! I think that you have realized the great potential you hold for yourself with being OP 100%. I think we can all make it to goal, but how you get there is up to you and with that, knowing how you were losing being 100% OP before and how it is for you now with letting things slide a bit, you have decided to take the bull back by the horns and feel the same way you did at the beginning of your SB journey. Good for you!!

NANCE, that's a mighty big amount of cherries! My goodness, you did do a lot of picking.

TONI, good going on the TM! Yum, taco salad, I love it! I have a recipe posted on the board that my Mom makes that I converted to be SB LEGAL-maybe I'll make it this week as I really do love it! You'll LOVE OUTBACK! Hopefully, the one you go to has sweet potatoes as not all of them do. Their salmon is wonderful as well.

ROSE, good job on the walking. Being it's so beautiful up there I envy you having the opportunity to walk in such gorgeous surroundings, and I commend you as well. I think it's great that you assessed what changes you've had recently with what and how much you were eating, made some changes and now can see the results of making some easy changes. This is one of the reasons I find journaling helps. When you are clueless to what you are eating it can either get out of hand, or it isn't nearly enough. Congrats for taking a minute to take a look and realize what was taking place!

SERENE, it's so nice to read how you feel about TRANQUIL. It's a blessing to have such a good friend in each other. I'm sure we'll be meeting in the near future, one way or another!! Door is always open for the two of you to come for a visit down here.

ROSALIE, glad I didn't have to send out the Mounties to come and find you. I'm sure if I can stay off the scale for more than a day, you can do a week. I think that if you are basically staying OP then weighing in once a week shouldn't be a problem, BUT, if you know you've over indulged too many days, stepping on the scale more often to keep better track of how your body reacts may be better so you can nip any gains in the bud before they get out of hand. I find that when I have been on past diets that when I had a bad day, it would turn into a bad few days, then a week, etc. and I would totally avoid the scale because I KNEW that it was going up. I would say to myself that I'd get back on track tomorrow, tomorrow came and went and I'd say the same thing, still avoiding the scale because I didn't want to see the truth and I also figured I'd get back on track and get whatever I had gained off of me within days and wouldn't be so unhappy when I got on the scale-it never happend and usually when I got back on the scale it was major fright for me to see the weight I gained, and gained so fast. So, with that, there's good and bad about the scale, if there's a happy medium for you, I hope you find it-and let me know so I can look for that happy medium as well! I bought some PUFFED KASHI the other day as well, haven't tried it yet. Thought it would be good to make some bars with some agave and peanuts-what do you think?

BOB, hopey ou are feeling better today-good talking to you yesterday!! So, you liked THE OTHERS???

JRED, glad to see you back on the board! Of course you can't get discouraged as you know as well as any of us that you just need to find a little of that renewed SB oomph!!!

MONET, glad to hear the wedding was a success. I'm sure everyone had a wonderful time and loved all the food you prepared. I can't wait to see pictures!

GUMBO, agave it's the easiest stuff to find. I get mine at the HFS in my area. The latest problem I've found it the availability and now the price increase. I do know of a guy who had some in bulk if you'd like to have his address to see if he still has some if you can't find it locally. Best is to find it locally as shipping can be a killer. The only brand you'll be able to find will be labeled SWEET CACTUS FARMS. Do you have a WHOLE FOODS in your area?

SOL, so glad to see you are alive and still kicking-I had wondered! Good luck with the houses, I hope you get one of them. I'm sure if it's meant to be it will. I personally would like the bigger of the two and fix it up as you like it. So Rome wasn't built in a day, so this would be a labor of love in fixing up. Can't wait to see the new addition's picture! I think you are doing far better than I am on your walking-you go girl. I'm sure you'll be passing me by come marathon day!!!

GRACIOUS, would your parents like to adopt ME? Oh heck, can't complain, I've got generous parents as well and if I needed their help they wouldn't bat an eyelasth in helping me. Good luck with the dinner tonight!

JACKK, good job on saying no to the cake and fried corn! Okay, fried corn? I've never heard of that-could you give me an idea of what it is, on the cob, off the cob, just plain corn fried in oil??? The article you read does hold some merit. If you were VERY ACTIVE that would be true, but being moderately active would be 12 calories per pound, which is what most people are and what I usually use to let someone know what they should be consuming. The more athletic you are, the more calories you need because you burn more. Yes, Lauren could wear the same dress, but I really think it looks more like a bridesmaid/prom dress. I gues she'll have to if we don't find something like a black simple dress for her before she goes.

Well, it's after 10am here. I hear thunder, at least if it rains I like it to be later in the day so it doesn't interfere with my morning exercise. I'm going to make a shake and then get ready to run some errands before having to go start getting the kids. Out of Asian Pears, so that's another stop at the grocery store!

Hope you all have a wonderful day!

Debbie
194/122.5/129
SB since 3/22/00
Reached goal 6/10/01
Old 06-10-2002, 10:30 AM   #11  
Goddess

Thumbs down I'm Baaack!

Good Monday morning! I'm back--perhaps not regularly yet, but I've got time to check in. The primary is over but one of my statewide candidates is in a runoff. So we have to do in three weeks what we did in three months! EEk!

Eating has been crap for the last couple of weeks. I'd be at work at soon as I got out of bed and would not eat breakfast or lunch and then spend the late afternoon and evening eating everything I could get my hand on. bad. bad. bad.

Anyway I went shopping last night and stocked up on good healthy food--so I can find something in the house that is OP!

I have no idea what has been happening in the last couple of weeks. I didn't even get a chance to keep up with the board. I hope everyone is well and losing!

Love you all!

Susan
Old 06-10-2002, 10:35 AM   #12  
Wannabe skinny babe

Hello! Wasn’t near the computer all weekend, which is a mixed blessing. It was good that I finally got outside for a change – Dan and I took a 4 mile walk around the lake by his house, and it was wonderful.

Got a mild sunburn Sunday at a baseball game, but had a good time. Stayed mostly OP, except for the ear of fresh corn with dinner Saturday. Dan made mini-meatloaf muffins, with asparagus, and of course the corn. I can pass on potatoes and bread anytime, but corn, watermelon, and pineapple are TOUGH! How do you do it?

My weight is bopping over the same 2 lbs. Ugh! I am going to try and only weigh on Weds., then stay off the scale for a week. Wish me luck!

SolShine – we too are starting to house-hunt. It’s the first time for us, and I’m petrified! I didn’t expect this to come up so soon. I suppose I always thought I could attend “how to” classes before we jumped into the market. Ack! Good luck with the bids!

Fruitloupe – good luck with the splints. Ouch!

Gracious – the house sounds like it’s wonderful. Are the budgies supposed to fly? I’ve never had birds, so I’m curious.

Jack-K – Congrats on passing up the non-sb foods! I am having a hard time with the corn – it’s one of my favorite veggies, and it’s in season and everywhere right now.

Tranquil – another training session? Sounds like fun! Being able to see the results of your hard work is really great! Good luck with the boss (I feel your pain!).

Debelli - Wow! One year at goal! I can only dream that next year at this time I will be at/near mine... Congratulations, and thanks for the inspiration! The situation with your GA's BF is funny - well, humorous! Yes, some people DO have all the luck!

Fillise - I know for me, keeping OP foods handy makes the difference. Good luck with your candidate.

Have a good Monday, everyone.

Jenn
Old 06-10-2002, 11:07 AM   #13  

Mornin' y'all. Hope all of you are off to a good week. I've actually been good the last couple of days. I've managed to stay OP and get in some walking. I spent the weekend cleaning out closets (Now doesn't that sound like fun. I can tell you are all envious. ) We're repainting the kids' rooms in the next week so I'm trying to get somewhat organized in their rooms. I haven't checked out the flylady site, but it sounds like something I could use. I got up early and walked today. Sarah and James rode along on their bikes, so that was fun. Then I came home and made breakfast for everyone and vacuumed! What's happened to me????? Anyway, I feel better getting something accomplished. Dennis and I have to go to the funeral of his cousin this afternoon. He has battled cancer for about 13 years. Really sad, he was only 38. Prayers for his mom and dad please.

FRUIT: OUCH! Your ordeal sounds a little like Dennis' sinus surgery he had a few years ago. He had nasal polyps and scar tissue from a previous surgery. It took four surgeries to clean everything out. With the first one he had drains in the sinus cavaties above his eyes. He looked like an insect. Hope your visit isn't too painful and you get to feeling better.

DEB: 270,000? Would he like to share with the rest of us? I could learn to like him, or at least tolerate him for that. Congratulations on your 1 year anniversary.

GRACIOUS: Glad to hear the home update is going well. You know you can never redo a house without going over budget. I know you'll be happy when it's done though.

SOL: Good luck on the house hunting. We've been talking about building on to ours. We've run out of room. What kind of puppies do you have? We used to raise beagles and I love them.

Well, gotta go and degrunge myself. Hope I can check in on y'all later.

168/153.5/140
Old 06-10-2002, 11:25 AM   #14  

Default Send the wagon please!

Send the wagon my way please. I had 2 margaritas Friday night and then Migas with cheese yesterday morning at breakfast. For those of you not familiar with them, migas are a Mexican breakfast specialty and definately not OP. I did cook dinner for Joe's 2 brothers and their wives on Saturday. We had burgers (with legal buns), grilled veggies, cole slaw and fresh strawberries with SF ice cream for dessert. I don't know what happened to me yesterday. Aargh!!!

Seth starts day camp today, thank goodness. Big brother was babysitting for the last couple of weeks and I think they were starting to drive each other crazy. Jordan has to get ready for his camp in Virginia (he leaves Sunday for 2 weeks, boohoo) this week, so he's going to be pretty busy.

HS Mama - email me and I'll give you my phone number. You can smack me around when I'm headed for Mexican food and I'll try to keep you in line when DQ is calling. I'm in Pflugerville and we really should try and get together before you move to Marble Falls. Maybe a Whole Foods excursion.

Jack-K - I keep forgetting to ask, what cruise line are you going on? You will have so much fun. Cruises are our favorite vacation. We've been on 5 and are planning one for next year (20th wedding anniversary). I can't wait. Feel free to shoot me an email when it gets closer if you have questions.

Everybody else have a really terrific week.
Old 06-10-2002, 12:09 PM   #15  

Height: 5' 7"

Default Good morning!

Well, the brisket came out too delicious...I ate and ate and ate. But it was worth it. I think the yard work balanced it all out. Did some mowing and some major clean up. This year it looks like I might even get a little tan. Pretty cool for that pale girl..LOL My poor belly looks like casper the ghost.

Someone ask me how I cooked the brisket and here's what I do:

Marinate brisket in one bottle of Italian dressing. Sprinkle with cajun season and garlic. I cut little holes to let the dressing sink in. I use the fatty brisket versus the trimmed. There just isn't any flavor in the trimmed version.

You can cook in the oven till it falls apart or on the grill. Oven is at 375 covered for about 3 hours. I smoked mine for 7 hours. Just wrappe it in foil and left the top open so the smoke could get in. Once done let it cool so you can slice. And slice across the grain. Tender and flavorful every time.

Tranquil....you can just seperate your eggs if you are out of egg beaters...unless you don't buy eggs at all.

Congratulation Deb! Below goal and keeping it off. That is so wonderful.

Fruit...hope it doesn't hurt too bad and you feel good soon.

Love,
Crystle

235/155/135

Last edited by CountryMom4Him; 06-10-2002 at 12:11 PM.
Closed Thread