Goal! Have you reached your goal? Share your success story and celebrate your victory!

Old 04-16-2008, 08:05 AM   #1  
It's never too late

S/C/G: 187.8/146.8/133

Height: 5'0

Default Looking back on a year

So, today is the one year anniversary of the start of my weight loss journey/life transformation. On April 16, 2007, my fiancee and I started doing WW at home for free (with the help of a friend's WW materials). I started eating less and moving more - that simple really. Here I am, a year later, 51 pounds lighter, 7 pants sizes smaller, and feeling like I've never felt before. I'm not exactly at the goal weight that I want to be (130 pounds) but I am slowly inching my way there. I reached my initial goal of 140 in January (these last 10 pounds are tough to get off!), so in my mind I have reached my goal, now I'm just taking off 10 pounds of frosting from the cake (trying to hit it for my wedding in October).

I think about a year - it seems like such a long time, but at the same time when I read and hear about people's weight loss stories, one year really isn't that long. I have to say to myself "51 pounds in one year is pretty darn good." I am constantly told at work how great I look, my fiancee tells me daily that I'm beautiful and he is so proud of the work I've done over the past year (he has done pretty good himself - 60 pounds gone for him!) and I am still amazed that I can fit into a size 6 pant. And, I'm amazed that I actually enjoy getting down to my basement after dinner to get my exercise in. It's amazing what kind of change can take place in a year which really isn't that long a time.

I'm not really sure what the point of this thread is, maybe it's just to reminisce about the past year, maybe it is to put down that I reached my goal and surpassed it. Overall, I think it may be that I am still amazed at what I have done in a year - I never thought I would actually be able to lose the weight successfully, and I'm still shocked every day at how much easier it gets with each passing day to eat healthy, yet still have some of the things I love like chocolate! (moderation is key!)

This may be the wrong forum for this, but I just wanted to share my thoughts on what a year can do.
NoVaVTFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008, 08:13 AM   #2  
Made of Starstuff

Congratulations! I'm almost at a year, myself. So, I know what you mean
Lovely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008, 08:24 AM   #3  
Work in progress

S/C/G: 165/ticker/120???

Height: 5'2"

Congrats on a job well done. You must feel fabulous! Enjoy it Thank you for sharing your story. I got my daily dose of inspiration!
LittleMoonRabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008, 12:21 PM   #4  
*~Beautiful Hope~*

S/C/G: HW: ~200 SW: 170's/150's/115

Height: 5'6"

WOW! You have done so well! Huge congrats! Your post reminds me of this great saying that I've seen in some people's signatures on 3fc that goes something like, "Don't give up on your dream because of the time it will take to accomplish it; the time will pass anyway." I'm paraphrasing, but I hope you get the idea! You are so right--1 year is no time at all.

I agree with LittleMoonRabbit--you are my inspiration and motivation for today! I will be thinking about your 1 year story today if I don't feel like exercising or get the munchies after dinner.

Good luck with getting those last few lbs. off in time for your wedding!
EsperanzaBella82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008, 11:17 PM   #5  
Mummy-tummy battler

S/C/G: 132ish(290+)/~ticker~/75(165)

Height: 164(5'4")

Happy anniversary then! I am so glad I read this thread, like others before me I am thinking wow how about that for a great dose of inspiration

I totally agree with you when you said you look forward to going to exercise and the difference time makes - did you think a year ago that you would get to this point? Or was it more just you hoped so?
jitterfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2008, 06:41 AM   #6  
It's never too late

S/C/G: 187.8/146.8/133

Height: 5'0

Thanks for the kind words everybody! I'm happy to be able to provide a little bit of inspiration, even if just for the day! I know that reading all of the success stories here on 3FC has definitely helped keep me going during the times when I just didn't feel like going on with the exercise and healthy eating.

Jitterfish - A year ago I definitely did not think I would get to this point. I definitely HOPED I would get somewhere near this point, but at first I thought this would be just like my other attempts to lose weight - I would do it for a month or two, then just give up and go back to my sedentary lifestyle and eating junk. I think the things that were different about this time was that one, I started at a weight I had never been at before, 187 pounds (I'm really short, so 187 is a lot on my little body) and I didn't realize just how much weight I had gained so quickly in 2006, and two) I had someone to do it with (my fiancee) - it is much easier to lose weight and eat healthy when the person who you live with and spend most of your time with is doing it also. I have surpassed what I think I can do, and losing this weight has made me realize that I can probably do things that I never thought I possible could.
NoVaVTFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2008, 07:29 AM   #7  
I'm on my weigh....

S/C/G: 274/264/215

Height: 5' 11"

Congrats on making goal, and more importantly seeing this through. As you've stated, a year really isn't a long time, and look how much has changed in that time. Your story is inspirational and motivational, and shows just what you can accomplish when you're persistent.
Ladybballer24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2008, 09:15 AM   #8  
Michelle the Vegan

S/C/G: >207/under goal/150

Height: ~5'9" of Snark

Congratulations to you AND your fiancee! I think your story is very motivational and I bet you feel GREAT having taken off that extra weight!
Mrs Snark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2008, 09:36 PM   #9  
Mummy-tummy battler

S/C/G: 132ish(290+)/~ticker~/75(165)

Height: 164(5'4")

NoVa again thankyou for sharing your story, I came to re-read it and your reply right when I needed some motivation
jitterfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2008, 05:15 AM   #10  
takeitoff&Keepitoff

Thanks for the story. Very inspirational. Congrats.
girlieyorkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2008, 07:58 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 153/135/140

Height: 5'8"

Way to go. One year isn't bad at all. It took me 4 years to lose 55lbs. Congrats and thanks for sharing.
AmandaD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2008, 10:34 AM   #12  
The Radiant One

S/C/G: 250/142/135

Height: 5'2"

Congratulations - I think you did amazing in a year!
fiberlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2008, 11:39 AM   #13  
Let's salsa!

S/C/G: 208/160/158 for now

Height: 5'9"

Happy Anniversary - and I do mean it - you have done great!!!
Tomato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2008, 12:48 PM   #14  
Taking life by the horns

S/C/G: 302/ticker/215

Height: 6'1"

Yes--- one year later--- just one little year... and you're a whole NEW you!

Congrats--- you should be very proud of your accomplishments- it shows extreme strength of character to keep plugging for a year and accomplish what you desire most.
BrandNewJen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2008, 03:10 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 230/149/138

Height: 5'6

Big HUGE congratulations to you!
Lunula is offline   Reply With Quote