Old 04-15-2008, 10:49 AM   #1  
~One Day At A Time~

S/C/G: 301.2/Ticker/250

Height: 5 6"

Cool The Biggest Loser show

Tonight is the Season Finale of the BL. I'm really down about it because the show is my motivation. I have every episode taped, and when I'm having a hard day I play it back. I was just wondering if anyone has heard anything about season 6? I know towards the end of season 4 they announced when season 5 was going to air. Just wondering if anyone has heard anything. Thanks!
ThisTimeIsDifferent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2008, 11:04 AM   #2  
In Onderland!!!!

S/C/G: 227/227/140

Height: 5'4

Your in luck!!

Back in February, NBC announced that The Biggest Loser would return for a sixth season this fall. At the time, it was said that the show would follow the same format as this season, with contestants competing as “couples”. However, recently, the show had a change of heart and, instead, will have the contestants compete as families. The minimum age requirement for season 6 is 18. Host Alison Sweeney will return as will trainers Bob Harper and Jillian Michaels. Former Biggest Loser trainer Kim Lyons will not return for the show’s sixth season.
wendymeows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2008, 01:06 PM   #3  

S/C/G: high285/resrart276/ticker/140

Height: 5'3"

I find it bitter sweet too... I can't wait to see the end, but will be sad when it's not on. Have you joined the biggest loser challenge here on the board?
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=138087
findingfawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2008, 01:17 PM   #4  
~One Day At A Time~

Thank you for the info! I wish it would come back on sooner than the Fall! Families competing against Families? That should be interesting! I can't wait till it comes back on. I'm so sad that tonights the last episode, and to be honest this season was my favorite.
Old 04-15-2008, 01:18 PM   #5  
~One Day At A Time~

Oh and I did sign up for the BL challenge....Thank You! I can't wait until it starts.
Old 04-15-2008, 01:21 PM   #6  

This is the first season I have watched. I watched Fat March on ABC last year and loved it! I have fallen in love with these shows. I don't really agree with working out till you are dying and eating like a bird so you lose super fast, but the inspiration is worth it!

I can't wait for the challenge to start either! I have "employed" hubby to be my pusher/cheerleader.. but I'm hoping he comes along for the ride
Old 04-15-2008, 01:32 PM   #7  
Vegetarian Cal Counting

S/C/G: 269/Ticker/145

Height: 5'8"

I love the show too and find it motivating. I actually want to apply but they are currently looking for teams of two and I don't have anyone to apply with. Most of my friends are not overweight or only by 10-20 lbs which is not enought to make the show. I would love my mom to try with me but she isn't the type of person to do reality tv. Oh well just have to keep working at it at home.
If you are looking for so more motivation, the Today show runs a segment on Mondays called Joy's Fit Club. They have a new person on each week who has lost 100 lbs or more without surgery. I'm at work when it's on but they usually have the video up online in the afternoon. I check it out every week.
Switzie6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2008, 03:08 PM   #8  
Eating for two!

S/C/G: 324 highest known/on hold/150

Height: 5' 5"

There is a thread about the upcoming seasons here:
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=138927
jillybean720 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2008, 03:10 PM   #9  

Switzie, if I didn't have a house full of kids to care for, I would partner up with you. I couldn't leave my kids that long, we don't have a good "care for the kids" system set up for our family. If they aren't with hubby or I it's a very rare occasion! Hubby works alot to support us so him caring for them is out of the question too.
Old 04-15-2008, 03:27 PM   #10  
Hi From Canada, eh?

S/C/G: check the ticker :)

Height: 5'8

I'm taping the finale as I'll be out tonight - I hope the girl wins, the last PINK member, she's done tremendously well ~ it would nice to see a woman win for once!!!

I would go on that show in a heartbeat!!! but I'm Canadian, eh?
Trazey34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008, 02:19 AM   #11  
Aussie Chick

S/C/G: 121.1/101/72 (kg)

Height: 5'7˝"

If you need a little bit of extra motivation before the new season starts, you can watch Season 1 and Season 3 of the Australian version on YouTube. Look for "tblaus1" for Season 1 and "tblaus3x" for Season 3.
SundayMorning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008, 06:36 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 252/210/145

Height: 5' 4"

I don't watch a lot of tv - too much homework, but DH watched the finale of this last night and I have to tell you - the lady that won made me think of our own Rockinrobin. Short tiny little person! She just looked amazing, didn't she? Robin - you should have been on TBL - you would have won lots of $$$!

Our girls were amazed at the transformations, so I had to get out a picture of DH before his weight loss. 355 was his top weight, he's 235 now and still losing. I guess he and Robin both should have been on the show.
traci in training is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008, 08:00 AM   #13  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

***** SPOILER WARNING***** COUPLES SEASON WINNER MENTIONED****

Oh gosh, thanks Traci. There are lot of folks here on 3FC who would have been great contenders on that show, I've no doubt.

Many people have mentioned the Biggest Loser to me, including my kids. But I tell you. When I was 287 lbs, keep in mind I'm only 5 feet tall, there was no way on earth I could have done the physical activities that they did. No way. There is no doubt in my mind I would have been carted off on a stretcher. And I don't think I could have handled being on TV in those outfits and being weighed publicly and all that stuff. But I sure am glad for Ali and all those others who have achieved success because of the show. I sure as heck hope they keep it up.
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008, 01:04 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 273/260.1/163

Height: 5'7"

Trazey - I'm Canadian too, perhaps we should apply as a Canadian couple and say "eh" every few minutes? Everything needs a little Canadian

I was pretty impressed that a woman won, especially with all those heavy men. Bernie was amazing, and it was nice that those brothers didn't win.. a little mean on my part, but they were so cocky!

-Aimee
SwimGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008, 03:30 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 252/210/145

Height: 5' 4"

you Canadians could talk about the weight loss proooocess. hee hee hee Or explain how the cheque is in the mail. hee. Can you tell I've spent some time working in Canada? I didn't know how much American I spoke until I went to Toronto for a week and felt like I was on another planet!
traci in training is offline   Reply With Quote