Old 04-14-2008, 01:03 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 344/279.1/???

Height: 5'6"

Default Rate of loss in perspective

I see so many who start getting discouraged because the weight isn't coming off fast enough or in the right places many times. I looked at my fitday to get a perspective of where I'm at in my journey thus far.

In the last month I've lost 9.4 pounds for an average of 2.35 pounds per week.

Over two months I've lost 24.3 pounds for an average 2.71

In four months I've lost 43.4 pounds, an average of 2.14 per week. Now I really started getting back to trying to be healthy in November and had a brief hiatus (you'll notice the straight line in through there) and gained a few pounds back. I'm still averaging just over 2 pounds per week for the past four months.

Now over the past six months I've lost 53.8 pounds. You can see I have two definite long area where I didn't do anything but in six months, I'm still averaging 1.31 pounds per week.

And finally,

This is what my weight loss looks like over the past year. Again I haven't done much until November and I really stepped it up in January.
Over the last year I've lost 56 pounds (that's not counting all the losses and gains. I'm just using my heighest weight minus lowest weight) and averaged .811 pounds per week. That's pretty darn snazzy if I may toot my own horn. Although it's doesn't look that great. Even if I take what I weigh now minus goal weight of 150, multiply it by the .811 for the year, I could be at goal weight in 88.4 weeks. That just blows my mind to think in just over 1 1/2 years I could be in the "normal weight range." I don't look at it that way though because that scares the heck out of me. I figure as long as I'm eating healthy, exercising, and planning my meals I'm heading in the right direction. I don't care if the scale shows a 10 pound loss in one week or no loss as long as it continues to go down over the long haul, I'm happy.

(You'll notice in all my charts, I stair step lose)
barbygirl43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2008, 02:46 PM   #2  
FB

This is such a refreshing reminder for when we're frustrated with a 'slow' rate of weight loss- it's really not slow at all. Progress is such a beautiful thing!

Thanks for sharing, I love graphs and data. You're doing a wonderful job and have come so far.
FB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2008, 02:52 PM   #3  
My Journey

S/C/G: 191

Height: 5'5"

This is very interesting to see - where is this journal that graphs the info?
Lezli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2008, 03:02 PM   #4  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Check out www.fitday.com. That's the free version. Barbygirl has posted these images by going through photobucket.
Ruthxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2008, 03:20 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 305/300/1-236/2-180

Height: 5' 6"

Thanks for the reminder to take it slow!
Rayelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2008, 03:32 PM   #6  
Shairing her ESH...

S/C/G: 350/321/TBD

Height: 5'6"

PROGRESS!!!! how can anyone be unhappy with those results? Well done Dawnyal!!
Jen415 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2008, 06:03 PM   #7  
McLovin' *TBL Red Team*

Thanks for sharing Dawnyal. I think I needed to see this today. I have finally hit a week where I didn't lose anything and stayed the same. It's hard for me to let that go...but I think I need to look at my fitday reports so I won't feel so bad!
xGurlyGrlx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2008, 06:07 PM   #8  
The Radiant One

S/C/G: 250/142/135

Height: 5'2"

Doing great - funny, my charts have a lot of the same appearance to them, with long spells of flat lines and bump ups!
We all go through the same journey.
fiberlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2008, 10:20 PM   #9  
No description available.

I love graphs! Thanks for taking the time to put together this post. It is very interesting. I see much of the same pattern in my own loss and sometimes it is only when I step back and take a long view that I can appreciate the downward trend.

I am so proud of you, Dawnyal!!!
midwife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2008, 06:33 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 271/219/healthy

Height: 5'4 1/2"

I loved this....you've made wonderful progress! Thanks for sharing this.
Beverlyjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2008, 09:50 AM   #11  

S/C/G: high285/resrart276/ticker/140

Height: 5'3"

Wow Dawnyal, thanks for sharing!

It is hard to get discouraged from week to week. I am losing steady at 2 pounds a week... but sometimes I just want to cry because it isn't all gone yet. I get discouraged and feel like I don't want to count my calories anymore, or I don't want to chose some wheat crackers over a chocolate bar... but this is a good reminder that all of my hard work will pay off in the end!

You are doing a great job!
findingfawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2008, 12:13 PM   #12  
Keto on!

S/C/G: 256/200/180

Height: 5'6

This just reminds me that slow is the only way to go. Sure my losses aren't that much each week, but they're losses. If the scale is moving down and I'm not starving, I'm happy
Gela is offline   Reply With Quote