Old 04-14-2008, 01:47 PM   #1  
Vegetarian Cal Counting

S/C/G: 269/Ticker/145

Height: 5'8"

Default Physicians Weight Loss Center...

Anyone heard of this place? I just heard an ad on the radio for a local office in my area. They having an open house tomorrow with all kinds of specials and free introductory things.
Does anyone have any experience with them? I looked it up online and it looks like it is pretty low calorie but there is a 1500 calories option which is the only one I would feel comfortable doing. I'm thinking about checking it out.
Any opinions? This is the best place to come to get good advice
Switzie6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2008, 01:50 PM   #2  
Changing for me!

S/C/G: 171/171/125

Height: 5'6

hey its the the physchians wellness program than ya its great im on it!! message me or you can even send me an instant message on aim superfluffy26 im almost always on and i also check my email 24/7 [email protected]
Happy Penguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2008, 02:16 PM   #3  
Former Quitter

S/C/G: 310/310/180

Height: 5'7

My Mom did Physician's Weight Loss program about 20 years ago. She lost quite a bit of weight on a shake program, but was unable to maintain her loss. She loved the program. Unfortunately, she didn't change the behavior that lead to her being overweight and she reverted back to her old habits.
GirlyGirlSebas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2008, 11:37 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 245/178/145

Height: 5'4

I heard of it from my dad who was on it years ago. It really worked for him. Actually, I just called the center here in Philly and am going for a consultation tonight! I'm excited and hope it is what I'm looking for.
QueenBee3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2008, 03:01 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 190/140/135

Height: 5'7"

Be sure they have some sort of program to transition you from losing weight to keeping the weight off! It really doesn't matter if a program is GREAT at helping you reach a goal weight if you can't STAY at that goal weight!
Glory87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2008, 07:07 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 245/178/145

Height: 5'4

Well I went yesterday and loved it! I'm starting May 9th (it's too expensive right now, so I'll have to wait till then). But I'm feeling totally motivated and the team there is so inspirational. They found a program that fits my needs and lifestyle, I even brought all three of my sons in with me! They were understanding, but determined to get me to my goal weight. And, after I finish the 16 week program, there is a 12 month maintenance program! I couldn't be happier with this place, and I haven't even started yet. You can go in as many times a week as you want to get weighed or talk and they have a weekly meeting for you to go to for support. I can't wait to get started!
QueenBee3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2008, 07:14 PM   #7  
DollyR

S/C/G: GW - 145

Height: 5'6"

I was on it years ago....I lost about 40 pounds but did not keep it off because I did not think about maintenance and obviously gained it all plus 50 more back. It was ok as far as the food goes but I found it expensive at the time. I think any program as Glory said is ok as long as they have a good maintenance to go with it.
DollyR is offline   Reply With Quote