South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 04-14-2008, 06:24 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default Make It A Marvellous Monday

Good morning! There's going to be a glorious Monday and the robins are singing a hallelujah chorus out there. Throw on a robe and come sit on the deck with coffee. It's nippy but there are lots of quilts. Have a

After a relaxing weekend, I'm ready to start my day. Lists are made, dog is fed and petted and I'm going to the gym. First time in a long time so it will not be a lot of fun.

What's happening on your Beach Towel today? Can you make it a tad marvellous?
Old 04-14-2008, 06:24 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Default Marvelous Monday Chick Chat

Spring has come into full bloom around here over the weekend! Everything is bursting into bloom and the trees have new little baby leaves on them.

I had a great weekend, but this morning the jeans I wanted to wear are too tight. We all know what that means. I have too much to do this morning to go to Curves, but Monica lent me her WATP dvd's, so I'm going to try to find time to do one of those while I'm rushing around.

What're your plans for the day?

Good morning, RUTH! Looks like it was a tie this morning, thanks for the merge!

Last edited by cottagebythesea; 04-14-2008 at 06:26 AM.
Old 04-14-2008, 06:26 AM   #3  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Once again we were simulposting, Linda, but I won by a nanosecond! Not a sign of leaves around here but the kittywillows are out. It's here! Happy Spring Monday!
Old 04-14-2008, 06:57 AM   #4  
-

S/C/G: Size 16 to 18/Size 6/I'm there

Height: 5"3" Age: 55

Morning everyone! Rushing off to the tub after Fluidity. Kind of cold here this morning...low 40's, but should warm up later.

Thought I'd share this quickly... yesterday I stuffed chicken breasts with a mixture of laughing cow cheese and fresh tarragon and a slice of lf ham. (cut a slit on the side of each breast to stuff it.) Then sprayed them with olive oil pam and dredged in a mixture of oat flour and parm. cheese and creole seasoning and baked till done. Really good and tasted kind of like Chicken Cordon Bleau.

Last edited by femmecreole; 04-14-2008 at 06:58 AM.
Old 04-14-2008, 07:21 AM   #5  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning Chicks

Thanks for the coffee Ruth. I really need it this morning. Hate those nights when I spend half the night making a mental list of all the things i need to do -after- I sleep!

Ruth - Good luck at the gym!

Linda - Sounds like a busy day. Hope you get a chance to enjoy those baby leaves in your travels

Cat - Wrong thread but have to say - you look fantastic! You look like a new woman, energy seems to just shine out from you now. Wow!

Nothing much here today. It's a really busy week and I'm packing it into 4 work days because of those excess vacation days. This is why I don't take time off - it's too much work the other days!

I just ate leftover rice pudding with apples for breakfast. I realized when I figured up the nutrition that I could, occasionally have that for breakfast with a fat free protein snack ready for mid-morning and still stay on plan. It was yummy and decadent and yet not bad for me Can't ask for more than that!

Meanwhile Luna kitty is feeling so much better that I caught her up on a desk behind a monitor this morning. Little beast.

Have a good day!
Old 04-14-2008, 08:07 AM   #6  
Ready to Change

S/C/G: 170/160/125

Height: 5 ft

Good Morning Chicks. Yes it is me, the one who has been really lacking in being around. So I am bring you all a round of coffee and tea. I am finally finishing up with all the big fundraisers. So things are slowly slowing down. Thank goodness. We leave next tuesday for Halifax and then we have the year end show in May then I will have a break for the summer.

Ruth- Glad to see that you are going to the gym must mean that knee is doing better and better. Thought about you this week end when DH and I were thinking about what kind of plants we could put in our rock wall.

Cottage- Tight jeans I can relate to that. I am back on track with the eating plan. I have got to learn not to stress eat. Hope you get your walking tape done. Have a great day.

Femme- The chicken recipie sounds yummy. You should write a cook book. I would be one of the first to buy one. Have a wonderful day.

Cindy- Good morning. Glad Luna Kitty is feeling better. Hope you find a little time for you with all the work you need to do.

Me- Not much just kinda of enjoying that I don't have a million things on my to do list. I do have all my meals planned for the week. We are getting a new baby on tuesday night. I will post picks of our newest addition. Her name is Ella and she is all grey except for a little white on her back paw. She is six weeks old and a tiny little kitten. DH gave in to the girls. So now we have two dogs, one cat and one kitten. We are starting to look like a zoo.

Well hope you all have a great day. And a big hello to the chicks coming in after me.
LC
Old 04-14-2008, 08:17 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 261/252/145

Height: 5'4"

Hi LC! Glad things are slowing down for you. How did the girl thing show go? We have missed you! thanks for the coffee, amazing how just a sip starts opening my eyes.
Good luck with your workout today Ruth.
Cyndi, did you post your recipe for the pudding? Sounds like a yummy breakfast!
cottage, yes it is bursting out all over here too, and we are all suffering from it to some extent. Hope you enjoy the WATP. Let me know which one you do s we can compare notes.

Nothing exciting or fun here, work. laundry. squeeze in the workout. Take DD to dance class. Sloppy Joes for dinner. woo-hoo. Monday again...
Old 04-14-2008, 08:43 AM   #8  
Trying it again....

S/C/G: 237/237/145

Good morning all-alittle nippy here too. DS1 is still suspended and won't go back to school till tomorrow. I found out why he did what he did. Can't get into details right now but will be back later. Just wanted to tell everyone good morning.
Old 04-14-2008, 08:48 AM   #9  
Live, Laugh, Love

Height: 5'3"

Morning girlies. I had such a busy weekend! Sorry I wasn't around to check in on everybody. Tommy's aunt was in town to do our travel party, so we picked her up from the airport in St Louis on Friday, and it's been nonstop since! Was a fun weekend, but I'm exhausted. Feel like I didn't have a day off.

The travel party was fun though!!! We had a lot of people show up, and my parents decided to buy their own agency too. It was a blast, but once it was over, I'd hit my brick wall. Had nothing but appetizer type crap all weekend (most not bad.... veggies and dip, cheese truffles coated in chopped pecans, etc) and then stayed up late last night too, so I'm just plain ol' pooped.

Hope you girls had a great weekend! Gotta get ready for work. Talk soon!

Lisa
Old 04-14-2008, 08:52 AM   #10  
HAPPY HEALTHY ME

S/C/G: 215.4/-/165

Height: 5'2"

It's Monday again and a bit cool here.

Good morning I tried so many time to post this weekend but it never showed up. I was able to read just not respond.

tdprincess sorry for your loss

Cat your chicken recipes sounds great as I am a huge fan of chicken cordon blue and your sounds like the healthy way

Cottage I hope you get in your workout and be sure to hang on to those jeans as you will be in them in no time.

Ruth glad to hear your heading to the gym hope your workout and your day are both productive

Cyndi glad to hear kitty is doing well

Morning LC, Schmoodle & tk

Saturday I went to the beach with my mom & her best friend and well I get burnt up pretty bad and I think I had a touch of sun posioning and today I am still a bit sore in certain places but for the most part it's already turning to tan instead of beet red.

Busy day for me as of course there is work and a lunch and evening workout and then gotta give the furbaby a bath and what ever else falls on my plate.
Old 04-14-2008, 09:05 AM   #11  
Visualizing the Goal

Good morning! I'm runned () and showered and dressed and breakfasted and the kids and I are about to head off to a pre-gymnastics make-up since we'll miss class on Wednesday since we'll be IN FLORIDA! Two more wake-ups!!!!

Ruth, thanks for the quilt this morning. It is chilly out there!

Linda, good luck with all of your running around today! When you finish, you can say you "runned" too!

Cat, your recipe sounds wonderful! I bet I could use my fake chicken and do the same thing.

Cyndi, glad the cat is feeling better!

LC! Good luck with the end of dance season. Hope everything goes well!

Schmoo, Monday again indeed! Except this is the last Monday before we LEAVE FOR FLORIDA! Sorry. Just a little excited this morning.

Tawnya, I'm glad you got a reason out of your son. That should make it a little easier to understand how to help him better.

Lisa, I'm so excited that your party went well! I just have to say that I can't wait to GO TO FLORIDA! (How many times can I fit that in this post???)

Gonna, chug that water! You'll recover soon, and then wear some sunscreen next time, lady!

Off to gymnastics!

Kara
Old 04-14-2008, 09:32 AM   #12  
Heather-Nic

S/C/G: 293.5/248/220

Height: 5'7"

Good morning Chickies!

Ruth - Thanks for getting the thread started this morning, hope you have a productive time at the gym.

Linda - Be sure to enjoy your spring....if you don't, before you know it summer will be here!

Cat - Can't wait to be in P2 so I can try your chicken. It sounds fantastic.

lc - Hope things go well with the new kitty. Kittens are simply too cute!

All others who are here now, or who will show up later....HAPPY MONDAY!!
Out here in California the weekend was SO HOT!!! This morning is cool...cool enough for me to get out the old DVD and do and mile walk. OH MY GOODNESS! I am so out of shape. This only reconfirms that being back on the beach is the best thing for me right now.
I am pleased to share that after my first week back I am down 6 pounds!! I'm pleased with my results, but will have to remain on P1 for a while longer as I had a 1/32 piece of Boston Cream Pie on Saturday and a very small piece of ww bread at Soup Plantation last night. I would really like to get the cravings to go away.
Old 04-14-2008, 09:49 AM   #13  
-

S/C/G: Size 16 to 18/Size 6/I'm there

Height: 5"3" Age: 55

Heather, you can do that chicken recipe in ph1...just leave out the oat flour and do it all in parm cheese, or just leave the "crust" off completely...probably won't even miss it. Just sprinkle a little seasoning on top.
Old 04-14-2008, 09:56 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Whew! I thought doing one of these WATP videos would be a breeze for me, HA! I've been going to Curves and doing their advanced workout religiously for 4 years, so I started right off with the "Express Super Challenge 4 mile walk." I conked out after barely making it to 2 miles. I'm not in as good a shape as I thought I was. Tomorrow I'll be wiser and start off with an easier one.
I just checked, Monica gave me all the power workouts!!!!! They are fun, though, and they are something I can do when I don't have time to go to Curves.

Everyone sounds happy and in a positive frame of mind today, you're all doing great!

Last edited by cottagebythesea; 04-14-2008 at 09:57 AM.
Old 04-14-2008, 10:15 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 214/210/164

Height: 5'0"

Morning, everyone! Quickie for me as boss-man is out at a seminar and I'm VERY short-handed today.

Good news today! The scale has moved! Finally broke through and am down 2 lbs. this morning. Wahoo! I even tucked in my shirt this morning! I don't think I've tucked in a shirt in YEARS!!
Closed Thread