Old 04-13-2008, 09:02 PM   #1  
Can't wait till 170

S/C/G: 225/187/130

Height: 5'7"

Default "You are losing weight"

So I come to work and my co-worker who has been working different shift for 3 days last week looks at me and says "You are looking weight. I can tell on the chin."

Yay!!!
Although I know the measurement went down, it's always nice hearing from someone and that it's actually noticeable. =) I have problem with eating too much at work but that will promote me to do better.
taragettingthin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2008, 09:03 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 150/ticker/125

Height: 5'2"

those compliments are more meaningful than the numbers on the scale, if you ask me.
Yay!
S
shrinkinglizzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2008, 09:06 PM   #3  
I will do this.

Yay!!! I am so happy for you!

I love the feeling when people start noticing my weight-loss. (Although for the moment it's just me and my mirror)

As for eating at work...that is soo tough! I recently quit my job at Starbucks so I wouldn't have to look at the goodies or make coffee drinks I was dying to try. How about keeping your own little snacks in your drawer? Almonds, fruit, whole wheat crackers...etc.
Taylor86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2008, 09:07 PM   #4  
Can't wait till 170

Yup. It sure boosted my self-esteem, too! =)
Old 04-13-2008, 09:09 PM   #5  
Can't wait till 170

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taylor86 View Post
Yay!!! I am so happy for you!

I love the feeling when people start noticing my weight-loss. (Although for the moment it's just me and my mirror)

As for eating at work...that is soo tough! I recently quit my job at Starbucks so I wouldn't have to look at the goodies or make coffee drinks I was dying to try. How about keeping your own little snacks in your drawer? Almonds, fruit, whole wheat crackers...etc.
I'm sure everyone will start noticing soon!

Thanks for your idea about snacks in drawer. I used to have chocolates, candies, and stuff..but I'm starting to change in that and try to keep healthier snacks so if I really feel like it and I have enough room in my calories, I can go for something healthier.
Old 04-14-2008, 08:11 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 187.4/147.4/129

Height: 5'2"

That's wonderful!! Congrats!!
Erika79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2008, 08:14 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 153/135/140

Height: 5'8"

Taylor, it's funny you mentioned Starbucks. I too recently quit there, what bothered me was when it would get busy I wouldn't have a chance to have a healthy snack and I would be starving when I got home and would end up eating more than I should.
AmandaD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2008, 08:45 AM   #8  
fat chick FKA Velveteen

Height: 5'5½

I work at Starbucks EMEA (so the office/ roasting plant in the Netherlands) and it is really hard to stay away from stuff there even! Probably a little easier since I'm not actually working in a store, but still!

I keep lots of stuff in my desk drawers and the little fridge we have in our dept. Things like crackers, cup a soup, carrots, celery, lots of fruit... it is possible to eat healthy snacks even though you are surrounded by junk (we are well known as being the candy department, there is always a jar FULL!).
PinkyPie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2008, 11:28 AM   #9  

Height: 5'

I am starting to get everyone to notice now, but I am not sure how to take it. I always feel weird when people make comments. If someone just says "wow you are looking good!" that is usually ok, I just say thanks....but I get a lot of "how much weight did you lose, or how are you doing it, etc." I am not sure how to respond. When asked how much weight I lost I usually just say a little bit, but most of the time they keep prying and wanting to know a number. And as for how I lost weight, I have no secret....I have been going to the gym and eating better. So, I don't know if it is just me, but I sometimes feel uncomfortable when everyone starts noticing I am losing weight. Then I had one friend say to me "yeah I heard you are like working out like a manic and not eating" which is not true, so I really didn't know how to take that one. I think some of my friends think I am not eating or something.

Like I went to my friends house to chat the other night and she had a big thing of brownies and they kept making comments about the brownies to me(because they knew I wasn't going to eat any). Then they asked if I wanted some strawberries and I said no and one said sarcastically "oh yeah, there is a whole lot of calories in strawberries" but I just wasn't hungry so I am not going to eat when I am not hungry. Oh well, I guess I will just have to ignore that.

Last edited by SassySar81; 04-14-2008 at 11:29 AM.
SassySar81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2008, 01:35 PM   #10  
Can't wait till 170

SassySar, I can see why you would feel uncomfortable. People should be supportive, not making comments like that. When someone is fat, people make nasty comments, and when people are losing weight, people are "mean".. Of course, not all of them. But still.. Maybe they are jealous because they don't have enough will power like us! =)
Old 04-14-2008, 01:45 PM   #11  

Height: 5'

Tara - I think you are right. Good job and keep it up :-)
SassySar81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008, 07:05 PM   #12  
last time

S/C/G: 228/see ticker/168

SassySar81 - You have to realize that a lot of people are jealous when they see you being strong enough to make decisions that they arent strong enough to make. Even thin people get jealous when someone else is losing because they dont want you to take their shine. Friends are sometimes the worst.
When i lost 30 pounds last year (which i gained back) my friends were constantly telling me I was looking sick getting to thin etc. I wasnt even at a healthy weight yet for my height!!!
You have to just be proud of yourself and find a nice sassy way to say "mind your business."
bjeweled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008, 07:06 PM   #13  
last time

S/C/G: 228/see ticker/168

Oh and YAY for Tara!!!!!!!!!!!!
bjeweled is offline   Reply With Quote