Closed Thread

Old 06-04-2002, 10:26 PM   #1  
CJ
Pending Email Confirmation

S/C/G: 184/172/130

Height: 5'4

Default ~~ The Thin Group #82 ~~

Hello and welcome to the Thin Group! We are a great group of ladies (but men are welcome if there are any who care to join us) who have one thing in common. We are all working together toward our goal of being healthier in our daily lifestyles and to lose weight in 2000. There are all different ages and backgrounds here and we all have different ways of losing our weight. We all love to have fun and laugh, but we also give a lot of support, encouragement and motivation for one another. Please feel free to post with us - just jump right in and believe me, you will be welcomed with open arms. The more the merrier!

Please feel free to check out our website and learn more about us at: www.geocities.com/hotsprings/sauna/4797
Old 06-04-2002, 10:28 PM   #2  
CJ

Please make sure you check the last messages on #81 ok? Talk to ya all tomorrow ...

Love, CJ
Old 06-05-2002, 09:05 AM   #3  
Mother Hen

GOOD MORNING!

I have been in a real funk too and just couldn't bring myself to post! I have gained 3 lbs. and just sit on my rear feeling sorry for myself.

I need a good buttkick! Anyone out there got one to spare? Well, give it to me!

My computer is all messed up again. CJ tried to give me some pointers but nothing seems to be working. I will either have to re-format and lose everything (again), or else buy a new one. The money is just not there for a new one soooooo....... if you don't hear from me for awhile, it's because I'm being a computer repairwoman! HaHa

My beautiful Stainless Steel Side-By-Side Refrigerator decided to stop working yesterday. Had to decide wheather to spend over $500. to repair it or put that same money on a brand new one. So Sears here I come! My new one will be delivered on Sat. All I can think of right now is "another payment every month". Got a white one this time, the stainless one showed every fingerprint! Never could keep it looking clean and shiney. Guess now I'll have to mop the floor under the fridge too! HaHa

Had severe thunderstorms yesterday. Everything is all muddy and wet, it's cloudy and dark. Just the type of day when you want to go back to bed and sleep another hour or two. Sounds like a winner to me.......see you later!

Hugs, Judy
Old 06-06-2002, 12:22 AM   #4  
MK

Hi everyone.

I am still here. Finally finished with this tournament. Going into summer leagues. Still have to figure out my schedule.
I think I am holding my own as far as weight. I am going to get a new scale and then I will see. I just think my old one has had all it can take.HAHA!
Everything is as good as can be. I will be going to see my my at the end of June. She is still having lots of problems. We will get through this the best we can.

I need to get back to this more often. I do read the posts sometimes. Take care everyone. Mary Kay
Old 06-06-2002, 08:25 AM   #5  
Long Lost Chickie

Hi all! I'm supposed to be working but I just don't feel like it. Hmm, this is starting to worry me. Don't feel like going to the gym. Don't feel like working. Don't feel like getting out of bed in the morning!! Could I be getting old!?!? Just yesterday, I found myself checking with the Human Resources Dept. reviewing my 401K and retirement plans. And I still have 20 years or so to go. Maybe I'll just have to go back to Atlantic City or Las Vegas and become a millionaire instead?

Last night's dreams were nightmares full of foods attacking me!!! What do you suppose that means!?!?! (Oh, like I don't already know what that means.) And in every scene, I was FAT!!!! The real nightmare!

MK, glad to see you here. I'm thinking of you and your mom.

Judy, here you go.... KICK!! And here's another KICK for your computer. Aren't they just great ... when they're working right.

Peggy, well, at least your kitchen seems to be moving along. Ours is going sllllloooooowwwwly. We seem to keep finding problems we didn't expect. Oh, but we have running water now. How very exciting! The dishwasher works. Now if only we had some cabinets to store those nice clean dishes in!

Well, I've entered my official starting weight in the June Challenge thread. Boy, have I gotten out of control. Why did it take 2 years to lose 40 lbs. and only a couple weeks to gain back 10 or so??? I've got to nip this in the bud.

Better go now. Boss should be rolling in any minute. We've worked out a deal that I start half an hour early on Tuesday and Thursday so I can leave at 4:30 to get to the gym before rush hour. So I guess I shouldn't be posting instead of working when he comes in.

Have to run!
Much love, Jo.
Old 06-06-2002, 10:43 AM   #6  
CJ

Good morning girls ~ how is everyone today? After a few days of cloudy and rain the sun is out today and it looks like it's going to be a beautiful day!

Well, I started a Weekly Weigh-In thread ~ again! I added all of us that are posting at this time ~ please check and make sure I have the correct stats, ok? I will be updating it every week on Fridays ... I think we need this, I truly do.

MK: Glad to see you posting again ... I too will be thinking of you and your mom.

Judy: Hope you get your computer working soon! Have you done a defrag lately? I usually run defrag once a week - puts all your files back in order and makes the computer run much better. Everytime you go from one site or file to another, it's like pulling folders out of a filing cabinet, then they are here and there and out of order and defragging is like putting all those folders back in their correct place. You'll find it under Programs/System Tools - you should do a ScanDisc first then run Disc Deframenter .... You probably already know this tho, right?

Well, we have had a porcupine coming at night and eating away the wood on our cabin! We kept shooing it away with the hose, but the dumb thing kept coming back. So we finally bought a cage to trap it - fixed it up with wood, wood chips, salt - we would set it where he would go - only to hear the dump thing (or smart) go to another spot. Finally, after 4 nites setting the trap - he took the bait and went in! Gotcha Porky! So this morning we drove about 5-10 miles away from the cabin to a woody area and let him go. He won't be back. We were worried he would start eating our new lumber for the garage! Yikes - that would be an expensive experience!

Well, got to go get something to eat ... have not had breakfast this morning - just coffee and that doesn't set well on an empty stomach! Be back later ... please check the stats on the weigh-in thread and let me know if they need correcting, ok? Thanks ...

Later...
Love, CJ
Old 06-06-2002, 03:00 PM   #7  
Conquering with SBD

Well here I am. Just can't get very enthused about weight loss anymore. I did really well for so long and can't muster up the motivation to lose the last 10 pounds. Today I wore a little mini dress to work and all the guys were whistling and stuff. Sheesh....I am really waaaay to old for that nonsense.

Hubby came home from Calgary last night and discovered that I had taken the stove top out of the island, disassembled the island (I want it 5" wider than it is), and the heap of everything was sitting in the middle of the floor. With much rolling of eyes and muttering under breath, he took the measurements to buy the material to do my bidding. Should be finished this weekend.

The last time I asked for something in the house, it ended up being a 20 year nag before I got what I wanted. This time I took action that couldn't be ignored. Since we have nothing to cook on at the moment, he will have to finish the work right away.

While he was in Calgary, he had a job interview....and received a job offer today. We always intended to retire in Calgary (I grew up there), but weren't planning on the move for about 5 years. At this point we would have our move paid for us, and be in the location that we would really like to be. Many decisions, and much stress over the next few weeks. Hmmmm.

Judy - Sorry to hear about your weight gain....however, I know what you mean about the funk. Once in them, it is really difficult to get the heck out. Here's a butt kick for you...You were doing so well and I know you can get there again. Go for it!

Jo - Good to hear that you have made special arrangements to go to the gym. Now that you have done that much, you have to go at least twice a week, or else you will be cheating the commitment that you made to your boss. Right? I'm right there with you, checking to see when my retirement date is (we should probably have been sisters). At the moment, I have 9 years and 2 weeks (but then, who's counting?). However, if I work the holiday thing out right, I can leave in less than 9 years...but, who's planning?????

Hope everyone has a good OP week. Let's get those pounds of on the June Challenge. I counting on you all to keep me on track. By the way, I don't think I have thanked you for being special friends. I know that I would not have lost the weight that I did this past year if it were not for all of you. Thanks so much.

Luv,
Old 06-06-2002, 04:10 PM   #8  
Conquering with SBD

MS Jo - We are all waiting for the GREAT news. Now cough up, girl.
Old 06-06-2002, 10:43 PM   #9  
"Hyatt Regency"

GO WINGS!!!!!!!!!

oh..... hi ladies..... how is everyone? Bet you can guess what I am listening to while posting?????!!!!!

Not much going on here either..... the weight is the same.... and I too am looking at my retirement.... only thing is I have to be 55 years old..... (score still 1 to 1, 3rd period)..... I have already been with the company 26 1/2 years and have about 8 1/2 years to go...... UGH!!!!!!!! Which sucks..... people with a lot less time (but older than I of course) were offered great retirement packages last year..... do you think they would offer someone with more than 25 years of service a retirement package????? NO...... It really is a rip.... I guess you all can tell I am missing Kentucky???

It is hard to get out of bed everyday..... shower, put make-up on (which I have been doing for several months now..... used to not wear make-up, couldn't care less what I looked like) but not now..... am on the downside of that big hill...... I I think.....

Jello - I'd like to hear what the good news is too...... spill your guts.....

CJ - Little critters can really mess things up for you, good thing you caught him and sent him on his way......

Peggy - Good going with taking the action on your island.... thats the way to do it..... you go girl..... If dad failed to start the project, my mom would always start something and then dad would have to end up finishing it because she had made a mess.....

I am going to close now..... (score still 1 to 1)

Everyone be good and take care..... I will check out the weight chart..... thanks CJ...

Love to all..... Carolyn (Sometimes I crave a cigarette!!!)
Old 06-06-2002, 10:58 PM   #10  
"Hyatt Regency"

Okay so I have been away way to long..... where is this weight chart located??? (score is 3 to 1 - WINGS scored 2 in 13 seconds......) GO WINGS......

I did find the Bios.... didn't realize they were there..... I'll be sure to fill one out....

Carolyn
Old 06-06-2002, 11:40 PM   #11  
CJ

Carolyn (regency) - the weight chart is right below the June Challenge - it's called: Thin Group Weekly Weigh-In. If you want to be on it email me with your beginning date/beginning wt/present wt/goal wt and I will add it on for next Friday.

CJ
[email protected]
Old 06-07-2002, 02:04 PM   #12  
Long Lost Chickie

You know, when I wrote that I had exciting news, I'd just gotten it and it was forefront in my mind and I was very excited. Now, I seem to think I got everyone all excited too and when I tell you my news, you'll say "so what?". Ooh, but I'm looking forward to it so I'll tell you anyway.

I'M GOING TO SCOTLAND!!!

We've been thinking about going for a while but have finally gotten dates scheduled and plans finalized, etc. I have friends who just moved from England to Scotland and have invited us and so we're taking them up on it!! I've been to England twice (loved it!!) but never to Scotland. I can't wait!!!! Only 84 days and counting. We leave on the evening of August 30 and come back on September 7.

OK, what did I say? 84 days? That's 12 weeks. What do you guys think? 10 pounds? Hm, maybe I should say 7 or 8. Something to set a goal for....

I'm done gushing ... for now.
Love, Jo.
Old 06-07-2002, 02:55 PM   #13  
Conquering with SBD

Jo - WooHoo. What a great event. Congrats. I love going to visit places when I know people that can take you sightseeing. I just hate the tour bus thing cause I can't ponder things in my own time. I feel like I get herded from here to there. You will have a great time, and it won't be too cold yet.

Everyone, have a great weekend. I'm hoping to have a new island in the kitchen some time tomorrow.

Cheers,
Old 06-08-2002, 10:54 AM   #14  
Mother Hen

GOOD MORNING!

Good news! I lost one of the three pounds I gained! Going out to dinner tonight, will probably gain it back again.

Peggy, I know first-hand how exciting a new kitchen can be. I had a complete new kitchen put it a couple of years ago. Ask anyone who was here at that time how thrilled I was! That's all I could talk about for months. Even had CJ post pictures on the Thin Group website to show it off.

Jo, Scotland sounds wonderful! I have neve been out of the US. Can I stowaway and go too?

My new refrigerator is coming today so I have to empty out the old one and get the place ready for the new one. I love getting new things, just hate to have to pay for them!

Hugs, Judy
Old 06-08-2002, 04:52 PM   #15  
"Hyatt Regency"

Good Afternoon Ladies........

SCOTLAND????!!!!!!! How wonderful Jo..... I sure am envious of that trip..... Wave hi to England for me...... Remember "my englishman"?? well..... enough said about that I guess.... but I would still love to go there and maybe even meet him..... what the hay......

New Kitchens...... ooh la la.... I was so happy when mine was finished I was speechless.... I hadn't had one for two years..... just stud walls and new plumbing and all new wiring.... no cupboards, no sink, no running water.... but when it all came together it was worth it and I was proud.... so you should be too Peggy..... its a big inconvenince from a time, but well worth it....

Haven't done much today..... watched movies and took a nap.... the weather is beautiful today...... I am getting ready to watch the Belmont Stakes and am praying that War Emblem wins this Triple Crown.... that would wonderful..... then after the race the Red Wings play tonight at 8pm..... may go with friends to the bar to watch it.... not sure yet about that one....

Apparently Joanna and Tim played "hooky" last night from work and went cat fishing instead..... emmmmm..... sounds fishy to me.... hehe..... I haven't talked to her yet today but I will have to ask how many cat fish they actually caught.... I know some people don't like cat fish but my uncle had a pond on his property and kept cat fish in it.... they were "farm fed", he even had an albino cat fish.... that was interesting, but once in a while he would catch one, we would cook it on the grill and have a feast, one time one cat fish fed 9 people and we had left overs..... talk about one huge fish!!!!!

I had better close now as the Belmont Stakes are about to hit the airwaves..... wish War Emblem good luck!!!!!!

Carolyn (still craving that cigarette... don't know why, even dreamt about it last night..... emmmmmm....)
Closed Thread