South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 04-12-2008, 06:49 AM   #1  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Default Weekend at the Beach Chick Chat

Coffee is on and the weekend has begun. Come on in

It's overcast and rainy here but I know this rain will turn everything green so I can wait! How are things in your corner of the world?
Old 04-12-2008, 07:02 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Thanks for getting us started up this morning, Cyndi! And double-thanks for the coffee! I'm at my DD's, and they aren't coffee drinkers. I'll have to be happy with a cup of tea until my son-in-law goes out for coffee and bagels for us.
Caitlyn called me yesterday to see if I wanted to help her shop for a prom dress today, then Monica called me back and begged me to come out for the weekend, so here I am. Jake was going to be busy all weekend, anyway, so this works out fine.
I can hear Carley up and about, so it looks like our day is starting.
Old 04-12-2008, 08:36 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 190/155/135

Height: 5'3"

good morning.
I don't think I've been up to post this early before...
So, my grandma passed away this morning at 2am. She went quietly and peacefully. My grandpa was there, they were married 54 years.
I'm still kinda numb. It hasn't really hit me yet. I'm enjoying some chocolate mint tea. I'll prolly take a shower and then call my parents to see what's going on. Its overcast here. Last night there were thunderstorms, it was beautiful and peaceful.
I hope everyone has a good weekend, I'll be on here and there throughout the weekend.
Old 04-12-2008, 09:09 AM   #4  
ONEderland here I come!

S/C/G: 286/210/200 (next goal)

Height: 5'2.75"

i slept late till 8:30 I have no glasses on... DH brought me coffee... i need a shower
my couch comes today
we have a dinner party tonite and I'm bringing my own food... how rude...

it's MUGGY.... spring is coming

happy saturday my friends...
Old 04-12-2008, 09:18 AM   #5  
Visualizing the Goal

Height: 5'4"

What? No beach blanket bingo this weekend, Cyndi???

Linda, have fun prom dress shopping! Did Caitlyn have fun in France? I forgot to ask you.

TDI (I forgot your name...does it start with R?), I'm so sorry to hear about your grandmother. My thoughts and prayers are with you.

Nessa, don't worry about being rude. I'm sure if you're going to a friend's house they know you well enough to understand your reasons!

Looks like the sun is poking through the clouds here. It was supposed to rain all day, but I'll take this instead! I've got ten miles to get done today and I'd much rather run them dry!!!

Kara
Old 04-12-2008, 09:28 AM   #6  

It's mid arvo my side of the pond, so I'm just sorting out the meal plan for next week so I can get Asda to deliver it. Must remember to put some snack stuff on - I've tried to ensure there's no snacks in the house, but it just means I go mental at night and end up eating stuff I shouldn't.

Doesn't help that me and DD make white chocolate muffins for Daddy's lunchbox...they're still warm and the chocolate is oozing out....

Tidiprincess - sorry to hear about your grandma - love to you and yours.
Old 04-12-2008, 09:37 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 261/252/145

Good morning chicks, I lazed in bed and read my book for a while, now DH has made me coffee and I am waking up and considering what I should do with the weekend. There is a huge list of things I COULD do, including grocery shopping, scrubbing woodwork, painting the living room, or tilling the horse poo into the garden. All really fun stuff. I will have to see which mood strikes me in a bit. Right now it looks nice out, a little overcast but bursts of sun and mild temp. Then the kids have a birthday party this afternoon at the laser tag place, so I'll have to get dinner done early. I have had a good week, so I think I will allow myself half a bar of dark chocolate tonight. I had my glass of wine last night at my mom's - those are my rewards for making it through a clean week.

I am mad at my neighbor. He is a tree guy and stacks his wood at the back of his yard, which connects with the back of my yard. He has four rows of wood, about 40' long, and the last row is stacked on an old concrete retaining wall which is actually ON my property. It has been there since we moved in, rotting and full of bees, and ready to collapse. Once I looked out my window and saw the neighbor kid climbing on the pile and almost had a heart attack. So we asked him to remove the old rotten wood, which he did, only to replace it with a new stack of wood. On my property! He actually had to come around into our yard to stack it from this side! We weren't home at the time. Anyway, the pile is about 7' tall from our side, and not stable, so yesterday it collapsed into my yard, which was full of kids playing at the time - fortunately nobody was near it. He doesn't live in that house, rents it out, and we haven't been able to get in touch with him. So I guess I'll go take some pictures and look up the ordnances to see if there is any grounds to lodge a complaint.

Ooops, started ranting and forgot personals!
Oberon, good luck staying away from those muffins! Here's some willpower dust!
Sounds like a good day Nessa, sleeping in, new couch, coffee from DH! Have fun at the dinner!
Hi Cyndi!
Have fun shopping cottage! Prom dress shopping IS kind of fun...
tdi, so sorry about your grandma. After 54 years, I'm sure your grandpa will miss her a lot. Hugs to you and your family.

Last edited by Schmoodle; 04-12-2008 at 09:45 AM.
Old 04-12-2008, 09:39 AM   #8  
Heather-Nic

S/C/G: 293.5/248/220

Height: 5'7"

Good Morning, Ladies and Happy Saturday!!!

Princess - So sorry for your lost. Word of advice, be sure to continue to be good to yourself. Remember to continue to eat healthfully and drink your water. May peace surround you and your family at this time.

It's early here on the west coast but I'm up and at'em at the USO. Very quite here, not too many soldiers sleeping right now. I found out yesterday that we're getting a family in today because their son unfortunately died while serving in the Middle East and there here to meet up with the casket. And to top it off, my usual partner is not here today, so I'm running this place solo. I really pray that it doesn't get too hectic and I can be a source of comfort for the family when they come in.

I hope you all have fantastic weekends......and keep up the good work!

Last edited by hmacneil6; 04-12-2008 at 09:41 AM.
Old 04-12-2008, 10:23 AM   #9  
beachin'

S/C/G: 240/125/130

Height: 5'8

Good Morning, Chicks! I hope everyone is off to a great start this weekend!
It's a beautiful day here in southern Louisiana, and I think we're going to go to the park for the 5k that the 3FC members organized and then off to do some shopping. My husband finished a little portion of his paper, and his mom wants to celebrate so she's taking him -- and me, I guess -- to Best Buy. He wants video games, and I'll try to sneak in a new scale. The cheapy one that I bought sucks! Depending on how you stand on it, it can vary 10 lbs! It's 9:30 and nobody else is awake yet (it was a late night), so I guess I'll get started on my cleaning for the day and try to get some breakfast and a pot of espresso going

Last night at the dinner party, I refused dressing on my salad because it wasn't ok, refused rice with my main course because it wasn't ok....and thankfully there was someone else there that wasn't allowed to eat sugar (a child, stifling an allergy) so we didn't even do dessert. I was worried about that one! I think I did ok, all things considered

TDI, I'm so sorry to hear about your grandmother. <3
Old 04-12-2008, 10:50 AM   #10  
-

S/C/G: Size 16 to 18/Size 6/I'm there

Height: 5"3" Age: 55

It was kind of cloudy and cool this morning, but the sun is coming out now...and hopefully will stay out. Very unusual for us, but we are having a really lazy morning. Just fixed some blueberry/pecan belgian waffles and getting ready to get in gear and get the house cleaned.

Going to New Orleans this afternoon to meet an old friend who I haven't seen in about 30 years. We are going to a restaurant on St. Charles Ave and looking forward to catching up with each other. Then we MAY go to the French Quarter Festival if we can possibly find a place to park.

td, so sorry about your Grandmother. It is so hard to go through. Keeping you in my thoughts.

Last edited by femmecreole; 04-12-2008 at 10:50 AM.
Old 04-12-2008, 11:02 AM   #11  
ONEderland here I come!

S/C/G: 286/210/200 (next goal)

Height: 5'2.75"

scale report (not official till wednesday) but it's down another pound.. 221... i'm gonna have to change the profile aren't I?
Old 04-12-2008, 11:42 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 214/210/164

Height: 5'0"

First off, Tdiprincess, I'm very sorry about your loss, but am happy that she was able to go peacefully and with your grandpa nearby. I hope that you are all able to find comfort in your grieving. Let us know if you need to talk or anything.

Cyndi: Thanks for starting us up! I hope you have a good morning; the coffee was great!

Cottage: Oooh, prom dress shopping sounds like a lot of fun! I hope that you enjoy it! (I also hope that you're enjoying your coffee by now! )

Nessa: Congrats on making it to 221! You're doing great! I can't wait to see your changed profile. Enjoy your dinner party tonight.

Kara: Enjoy your run! 10 miles?! Sheesh! I don't know the last time I drove ten miles. (Yeah, our town is that small. )

Oberon: I haven't "met" you before, so welcome! I think you'll get used to baking and not eating. Lots of us SB chicks bake for our families and friends. We're all good at not eating (well, most of the time. )

Schmoodle: Your neighbor situation sounds awful! I'm sure that there is something that can be done about it, especially since it creates a health risk and is on your property. I don't know where you are, but here, penalties are pretty strict when it comes to other's property. Enjoy your chocolate bar! Sounds yummy!

hmacneil: I don't think I've "met" you, either, so welcome! So sorry to hear about the soldier's family and their loss. I don't think I could handle that situation. You are a strong person and I admire that. Hope it's a good day in spite of your responsibilities today.

zeffryn: Congrats on your successful dinner last night! One of the hardest things for me is refusing someone's hospitality when it comes to food, but I'm getting better at it. I should take some tips from you and Nessa! Have a nice day and I hope you get a fancy scale!!

Cat: Enjoy your day. Ours started out the same way. Sounds like you have a wonderful day planned!

Me: Well, we watched both A New Hope and Empire Strikes Back last night, so we ended up sleeping until 9:30. There goes my three-day streak of getting up early!

The house is clean (yay), so I'm going to start laundry, clean up the rose bushes, pin some pillows that I'm making for my sister's bday, workout and run errands with DH. Sounds like busy work, but it's all stuff I enjoy. Well, maybe except for the laundry.

Well, the weather is right, so I'm going to head out to the yard. Have a good day!

~Kim
Old 04-12-2008, 01:35 PM   #13  
Visualizing the Goal

Kim, everyone deserves a sleep-in now and again. Hey, someone tell Avery. She was up at 6:45 this morning! Sometimes I feel like I'm in "Lady and the Tramp"!

Nessa, Look at you! One pound away from goal!!!

Cat, I'm expecting reviews on your restaurant meal! We're still looking around for the "perfect" place.

Zeff, hope you find a really cool scale! I'm still looking for one that doesn't have attitude...

Heather, thanks for volunteering at the USO! We often use the USO when we travel and it's always a very welcoming and understanding crowd in there.

Schmoo, good luck with the neighbor. Sounds like a pain in the rear!

Oberon, white chocolate muffins sound divine! I've taken a temporary hiatus from baking, as I've found it hard to resist the fruits of my labors. Sometimes I have the will power and will churn out a cake or cookies, though!

Connor's off at my parents' for a sleep over and both girls are napping, so I'm having a nice, quiet afternoon. My sister is coming over to play with the girls while I run this afternoon. Whew. I need to get myself psyched up for this one. I've done ten miles before but not for awhile.

Kara
Old 04-12-2008, 02:58 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 214/210/164

Height: 5'0"

Well, the yard is done and that's about it. There is a load of clothes in the washer, but I haven't started anything else yet. The yard ended up taking 2 hours to do, which is more than I planned, but it looks great! DH and I will be running errands shortly and when we get back I'll work out. I should finish the laundry and some ironing tonight, so tomorrow I'll be able to spend a lot of time on the pillows. Sigh. There just never seems to be enough weekend!

Kara: Enjoy your quiet time and your run! You can do this!!
Old 04-12-2008, 07:55 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Here's a picture of Caitie in the prom gown we decided on. The picture was taken with a cellphone, so it's not the best picture.

She tried on dozens of gowns in several stores, but we all liked this one best.

Last edited by cottagebythesea; 04-12-2008 at 08:13 PM.
Closed Thread