Old 04-10-2008, 10:57 AM   #1  
Newmala

S/C/G: 193/170/150

Height: 5'4"

Default I'm starting over. 8lbs heavier with more determination.

It was depressing this morning to log back onto 3FC after a while and re-set my signature ticker from 159 to 167.

I've been gone for a while, mentally and pysically. Every friday i would weigh myself and put it on a chart. The last three fridays, however, i've ever forgot or been out of town and just wrote that i was maintaining. This morning i was shocked to discover i've gained 8 pounds. I knew I had been gaining, i could feel it in the way my clothes felt.

The last couple months i really let myself go. I crashed my body. I ended up with bronchitis and just feeling sick all the time. I drank almost non stop. I would go 45 hours without sleeping. I ate fast food all the time, somethind i usually do only once a month. I disrespected myself and let others do the same. I was doing poorly in my college classes....i was falling apart.

Looking back at my chart, my weight has fluctuated so much over the last year...and i'm right back where i started. I worked so hard to get my weight from 192 to 167 and now, a year later, i'm still at 167. i did lost weight this year, and it took a lot of effort to do it. But now, i feel like a failure that i just put it back on. This time last year I thought for sure that by now I would have met my goal.

Anywho, this is getting insanely long. But last monday, i started over, and I did really good all week. And i feel better than ever. I've never had so much energy!!! I'm excited!

So here's to a new beginning!
Newmala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2008, 11:08 AM   #2  
Made of Starstuff

Back!

Yes! Here's to new beginnings!

You know what I think is marvelous? That you still are down 25 pounds. I'm so excited for you that you've had a good time so far!

Keep on posting! Best of success!!
Lovely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2008, 11:19 AM   #3  
I will do this.

I am so proud of your positive attitude! And not just saying, "To **** with it!" and going back to your old lifestyle!

2-3 pounds of that may also be water weight so don't get too down on yourself.

I am new to 3FC and my name is Taylor and I look forward to seeing you around more!!
Taylor86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2008, 12:54 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 187.4/147.4/129

Height: 5'2"

I understand.. I lost 90 pounds in 2003 and regained 60 of it(although I did have a baby, but that was 2 years ago.. sooo...).

And, hey.. there is surely positive in it.. you didn't re-gain it all. You stopped yourself before you did, and THAT is awesome.. so congratulations! You did it once, you WILL do it again.
Erika79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2008, 01:01 PM   #5  

Height: 5'

I think you are doing a good job and everyone has slip ups once in a while, but you kept most of it off so GOOD FOR YOU! Now you are back on and will pick right up where you left off. :-)

Keep going!
SassySar81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2008, 01:11 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 250/210/150

Height: 5'7''

back!
michellenew
michellenew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2008, 02:12 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 220/ticker!/155

Height: 5'9"

Welcome Back!! It IS great that you didn't put back all the weight...and ya know what? Yeah, it would've been better if you hadn't gained ANY, but so what?? Life throws you curve balls and you take them and do what you can, so start back up again, keep posting here, and you'll re-discover your determination for leading a healthier life!
artsnsmarts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2008, 06:00 PM   #8  
Running Fiend.

S/C/G: 210/165/145

Height: 5'7.5"

You're not even close to being a failure. You lost over 20lbs! That's fantastic! I know it sucks to see the scale go in the wrong direction. 210lbs was my highest weight and I got down to 190 without really trying and a year and a half later I was back at 206. BUT you're getting back on track and that is the important thing. I'm in college as well and I find everything else feels a lot more manageable when I'm working out and eating right. I just feel better.

I'm sure you'll do great. I know how stressful it is. Just take it one day at a time!
rockstar87 is offline   Reply With Quote