Old 04-08-2008, 11:42 PM   #1  
me

S/C/G: 299/135/fit

Default six flags question

So I have a question for you ladies. It seems silly and im embarassed to even ask but I have to. a group of my friends are planning on going to six flags. I have not been since I was like in 10th grade (and about 200 pounds). I am now 235 and am kind of worried I might not be able to ride...can anyone tell me their experiences. Do you think that I should go?? I have a body pic of me on my profile, if that helps. I have big thighs, so maybe ill have trouble on the ride seats?? any input appreciated. and sorry if its such a silly question.
kisskiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2008, 11:46 PM   #2  

Height: 5'

I just think it all depends on the ride. Most rides I think will be fine and you will have no problem at all. I know sometimes rollercoasters have tiny seats, so that might be a tiny problem, but I would go. I usually go to amusement parks every summer and I see people A LOT bigger than you going on rides so you should be fine, don't worry about it, go and have a good time.
SassySar81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2008, 01:31 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 318/260/180

Height: 6'0

weighing 240 or so pounds at about 5'10'' at the time i was able to get on all but one ride ( nitro)
Smagash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2008, 01:34 AM   #4  
Remember Why I'm Here

S/C/G: s-241/g-145

Height: 5'5"

I recently went thru the same thing at Disneyland. My area of concern was my chest lol. (I am a 44DDD). The roller coaster and the over the shoulder bars. OMG I would have been mortified if they made me leave. But all was good, I fit. Maybe a bit more snug than most, but the bars locked.

BTW I hate roller coasters and did the entire thing with my eyes closed! ROFL.
iwmonn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2008, 02:30 AM   #5  
Angelina/Gerard is Love

S/C/G: 291.8/286.8/199

Height: 5'4 1/2

Ahh, I remember when I went to Six Flags for my birthday last year. my BFF couldn't fit any of the rides. But you weigh less than me and I was able to so I think you'll be fine.
JasonsLea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2008, 06:55 AM   #6  
Future head-turner

S/C/G: 271/see ticker/175

Height: 5'4"

At 240 I had trouble with SOME rollercoasters with over-the-shoulder harnesses that wouldn't lock in all the way. BUT - my weight has always been mostly in my midsection - you look much more proportional! Now, I dont have any problems, BTW.
MSTeacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2008, 02:43 PM   #7  
me

Thanks you guys!
I'm not as worried anymore.
So i guess I'll be going to six flags, and hope for the best

Last edited by kisskiss; 04-09-2008 at 02:44 PM.
Old 04-09-2008, 03:05 PM   #8  
Fat-be-gone

I think I am bigger than you in my tummy area and I just went to six flags last year and did not have any problems with fitting on the rides. I think there might have been a struggle on The Batman ride...can't really remember for sure.

Even though I fit, I still had to deal with worrying about popping out of the ride.
Rosario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2008, 03:13 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 278/see ticker/150

Height: 5'4

Quote:
Originally Posted by kisskiss View Post
So I have a question for you ladies. It seems silly and im embarassed to even ask but I have to. a group of my friends are planning on going to six flags. I have not been since I was like in 10th grade (and about 200 pounds). I am now 235 and am kind of worried I might not be able to ride...can anyone tell me their experiences. Do you think that I should go?? I have a body pic of me on my profile, if that helps. I have big thighs, so maybe ill have trouble on the ride seats?? any input appreciated. and sorry if its such a silly question.
This is not a silly question at all....I went this past July and most of the rides were a tight fit, but I did fit on MOST. I was at least 260 then. I stayed away from the older rides bc I knew the seats were smaller from prior experience. I was asked not to ride one ride bc of my size though. It was very and but the ppl were very professional and nice about it.

ETA: Remember, I was also around 260 then or higher, so you shouldn't have any problems. Have Fun!!

Last edited by Smiling_Sara; 04-09-2008 at 03:16 PM.
Smiling_Sara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2008, 03:15 PM   #10  
Eating for two!

S/C/G: 324 highest known/on hold/150

Height: 5' 5"

When I was about 240 pounds in high school, we went to Six Flags in Massachusetts, and the one thing I had some trouble fitting in was a things called the Slingshot. It had a bench seat where you sat 3 or 4 people next to each other and then had a lap bar that came down across everyone. I had to really wiggle and squeeze to get the lap bar to lock down on top of my thighs

I haven't been to an amusement park in YEARS for fear of not fitting on the roller coasters. It sucks because I LOVE roller coasters! It's one of my goals, something I'll do again when I get down to 225 or less. It'll be a while
jillybean720 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2008, 03:27 PM   #11  
me

thanks for all the advice gals.
Born to fly, can I ask what ride they asked you not to ride?? Im pretty sure I am going to stay away from the older models like colossus bc I figure the seats will be too small.
Old 04-09-2008, 03:30 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 308/308/180

Height: 5'3

its been about 12 years since i went to magic mountain.. back then i weighed about 230-240.. the only ride i had issues with was this circular swing thing.. had loads of swings hanging from a circle then would spin... i was a lil embarrased when i sat on one, and a worker came and moved me to one with 'blue' chains lol... the fat seat i guess... but i still rode it and it was fun
wannalosealot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2008, 04:05 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 252/215/150

Height: 5'10

at the 6 flags in NJ they have a sample seat outside of each roller coaster so that you can find out if you will be able to get the harness down far enough and how tight it will be....so at the very least you will know ahead of time and will not have any sort of embarrassing situation where you publically have to get off a ride.

I think you will be alright...I think it matters more where you carry your weight than how much you weigh. My brother who is 6'3 and 240ish could ride all the coasters and wasn't suffocated.
Scarlett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2008, 04:10 PM   #14  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catherine999 View Post
I think it matters more where you carry your weight than how much you weigh.

Totally true. A few years ago when I was smaller (size-wise, haha), I went to Disneyworld and I forgot what ride it was but I had a little trouble getting in the seat because of my hips!! Totally figured it out before the ride operator got there though. But seriously, the harness wasn't even problem. Just the chair, lol.

Have fun at Six Flags!!!
cephalopod gal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2008, 04:13 PM   #15  
me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catherine999 View Post
at the 6 flags in NJ they have a sample seat outside of each roller coaster so that you can find out if you will be able to get the harness down far enough and how tight it will be....so at the very least you will know ahead of time
aww Im here in california, and if i remember correctly they dont have those sample seats. They should though, thats a great idea. it would save me a lot of time waiting in those long lines and embarassment if they had a sample seat