Closed Thread

Old 04-08-2008, 01:25 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 221/see ticker/130

Height: 5"2

Default Vent

Hey all I am a little stressed and need to vent. I am a stay at home mom and don't have any friends in my area all the women in there 20's around here are either a0 partying which I don't do or b) stuck up and snobby which isn't my thing. I also don't have tv at the moment so I spend most of my days at home in the house, watching my son bored to tears ( he spends 4 hours a day napping and will not nap outside of the house) I have auditions on saturday and my out used to be my singing lessons but I can no longer afford them which means I have no me time at all. I find that my boredom and lack of money to do anything and stress is causing me to want to eat. Today after swearing this would me my low cal day I ate a dutchie donut and pieces of easter chocolate. Yesterday I ate a peanutbuster parfait!! Also it is taking all of my energy trying to convince myself to exercise, thus I only end up doing it for 15-20 min I am going insane thanks for listening to my vent
Old 04-08-2008, 01:32 PM   #2  
Made of Starstuff

That must be so frustrating. Do you have other things to do? Do you read? Libraries are a great & free resource. Do you "art" of any visual form? I honestly suggest a craft/hobby. There's no reason you have to be bored while your son naps. That can be your "me" time if you make it just that. Experimenting with things you might like to do is really fun! Even if a few of those things don't end up so great... >_> What about cooking or preparing healthy food during that time? If you're about to turn to food, come onto 3FC, or open a notebook and write. Write anything! Just keep your hands busy!

More .
Old 04-08-2008, 03:42 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 241/232/165

Height: 5.7

hey mizz irishfairy!

i don't have any kids of my own, but i was a stay at home sis for my brothers.w/o transportation and w/o people to relate to! the monotony of housework etc. got me down but writing kept me sane and yoga! i totally agree w/faerie you just need to find some way to turn this bleargh situation around and make it positive.just the tiniest deviations from ur usual routine can give u new perspective. i know getting ur behind in gear is the hardest thing EVER but you can do eet
by the by--how old is ur little guy? you could go bustin out in the park or pack him in a stroller and walk, walk , walk.
and when you feel down remember you can sing, lady! how totally awesome is that? just practice for yourself.
anytime u need to vent, do it. i'll listen! but leave dem evil chocolates alone.
big
Old 04-08-2008, 04:41 PM   #4  
SkinnyGina

Height: FiveSix

Sorry about your situation here are some things I do and maybe they might interest you...

Painting/charcoal drawings
writing poetry/story
video games *I won't deny it*
yoga

I know you are bored at home somethings that help me not eat is preparing food for a future meal. If I marinate meat or soak beans it helps me keep my thoughts moving forward instead of swarming around and driving me bonkers.

Hope you feel better
Old 04-08-2008, 07:44 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 283/see ticker/180?

Height: 5'9"

hi -- ow, I can almost hear the call of that easter candy! I second the suggestion about putting the little guy in a stroller (if he's the right age) -- and vent any time; that's what we're here for. Writing or drawing would be great -- they're free and therapeutic. (I write and illustrate books for my neices.)
take care of you! and let us know how you're doing. Think audition!!!
anita
anita
Old 04-08-2008, 08:46 PM   #6  
Made of Starstuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinnyGina View Post
video games *I won't deny it*
Deny it?! Let's FLAUNT it! Video games are a great way to pass the time ^^ Although beware, they are addictive
Old 04-09-2008, 10:35 AM   #7  

Height: 5'7"

hehehe - anyone know how many calories you burn rocking out to "Rock Band"?

And irish - I feel for you, but I have to say that you're a brave lady for taking on SAHM duties. That's such a hard job, and it sounds like you're having a time with the boredom and isolation. I'm not cut out to be a SAHM. I just couldn't do it. My SAHM relatives think I'm horrible for working, but I go to work to find my peace.

How sound of a sleeper is your little guy? Can he sleep through your practice? Can you at least put him down for a nap in one room and go practice in another?

If all else fails, maybe you can just stay online and talk to us?
Old 04-09-2008, 10:46 AM   #8  

thanks everyone for the support. I am feeling a bit better today!! I stayed to 1200 cals yesterday and lost another lb I am gonna try and keep busy with things that don't cost alot. I am a little upset it is raining and cold because I was supposed to go on a baby mommy walk today. I can't wait for summer
Old 04-09-2008, 01:10 PM   #9  
SkinnyGina

Height: FiveSix

Yeah congrats

I agree Faerie they are very addicting!
Old 04-09-2008, 01:13 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 250/150/135

Height: 5'4

Maybe just hang out with other moms? I found a local AP group on http://www.matchingmoms.org/ and I also went to yahoo groups and found groups locally as well.
Old 04-09-2008, 02:50 PM   #11  

shann : thanks for the advice I have been to a ton of mommy baby groups I find most mothers are older then me and don'thave much in common with me they tend not to talk to me even if I try the ones that are my age tend to spend time partying and drinking and that is not my thing either. I have yet to find a group I click with...last time I spent the day following them around trying to join conversations only to be ignored...maybe its my pink hair lol
Old 04-10-2008, 01:41 PM   #12  

I wish you lived closer. You sound like a lot of my friends. None of us could stomach the local mommy-groups. If they're not "party monsters", then they get so...so...competitive! *shudders*

I tell you what - I'll induct you in my friends' club. We're the "Mean Mommy Club". We're terrible and horrible people. Instead of spending our time worrying about partying and looking cute, we put our time and energy into making our kids' lives difficult. Why spend your precious time getting blitzed and ignoring your kids when you could put that energy into doing something really mean to them - like making them eat veggies instead of junk food or denying them treats unless they say "please" and "thank you". My personal favorites - taking my 4-year-old's toys away when he misbehaves and making him go to bed at *gasp!* 8:00 PM. I'm just awful, aren't I?

I know, I know - it's abuse by today's standards, but I've had MANY strangers stop me to tell me what a well-behaved child he is. The funny thing is, I usually hear that in the middle of a throng of mommy-club meetings where the other kids are running wild. The way I see it, if I'm not mean to him now, he'll never have any good "When I was a kid...." stories when he grows up.
Old 04-10-2008, 03:02 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 283/see ticker/180?

Height: 5'9"

you go, mean mommies! I was similarly "mean" to my neices when they were little, and now I'm "mean" to their children -- and you can still have a LOT of fun when the kids behave!

Where in VA do you live? I am originally from near Blacksburg.

Hang in, irishfairy -- we're all rooting for you : )

anita
Old 04-10-2008, 03:16 PM   #14  

Hi, guynna! I work in NOVA but live near Fredericksburg, but I'm originally from Illinois. You're from a pretty area of VA. It's so built up here!

So, Irish - how's practice going? From the sounds of it, getting out to the auditions will be a badly needed break for you. I hope you enjoy every minute of them. Break a leg, girl! (I mean that only in a show-bizzy way. I don't actually mean to go break a bone or anything. I just wanted to clarify because my luck sucks, so I don't want to pass on any bad juju to you by accident.)
Old 04-11-2008, 08:08 AM   #15  

Havoc: I would love to be part of your group lol. I have relatives who get a weird because my one year old has a bedtime of 8:00 so we usually leave family gatherings by then well there kids run around til 2-3 in the morning. its sad that disapline is so taboo now a days. Kids need rules! Its because so many people got carried away with disaplining their children that now even raising your voice is considered wrong I have one day til my big day and my stomach is doing flip flops....I think I may cry lol. I am super excited though!!!
Closed Thread