Old 04-07-2008, 01:47 PM   #1  
Can't wait till 170

S/C/G: 225/187/130

Height: 5'7"

Default My first Weigh-in...

So... today was my first weigh-in since I started Curves a month ago.

Inches: 8.5 inches lost in total! YAY!! I could kind of tell from my tummy area but I didn't think that much was gone in total! So that made me happy.

LBS/BF: Well... this was kinda confusing. When I first got measured last month, I weighed 202lbs although it was 208lbs at home right before I went to the gym. Today, it said 206.5 lbs for both scales at home and at the gym. So I don't know if I can say I lost weight or if I gained weight. And I actually gained 2 % of bodyfat... So I'm little bit like.. BLAH...

Well, at least I lost some inches and I'm super happy about that! hehe... Even the manager at Curves said that she doesn't see result like this (inch) in the first month. yay!!

So we set the mini goal of losing about 2-3lbs by next month. I'm hoping to be able to lose more than that since I just started doing more cardio, too... She did say I should be eating more protein... I don't count calories, though, but I eat small portions throughout the day and try to eat lots of fruits and veggies. I tend to eat a lot of rice...being a Korean I am.

Well, Hopefully it will go "better" next time.

Last edited by taragettingthin; 04-07-2008 at 02:15 PM.
taragettingthin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2008, 02:30 PM   #2  
Determined to succeed!

S/C/G: 204.4/181/140

Height: 5ft 6in

I celebrate with you your wonderful news! Keep doing what you have been doing and you should be super happy again next month!!
Gambaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2008, 02:33 PM   #3  
trying hard!!!

S/C/G: 180/173/130.. trying hard!!

Height: 5'0

Default way to go

Congrats on the inches. That's wonderful. Good luck with the weight.
noahsmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2008, 02:51 PM   #4  
I will do this.

That's awesome!!!

Hey! Inches off are better than inches on, right??

And I love rice too, but get uncle bens 90 second brown rice and split it between myself and my fiance. Brown rice is so yummy and a lot better for you than white.
Taylor86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2008, 03:23 PM   #5  
Can't wait till 170

Gambaru, thank you. I hope I will be happy every month from now on for the rest of my life. When I don't lose any, I will be happy I didn't gain any. hehe.. Thank you again!
Noamsmommy, I'm going to try harder on Cardio and hopefully that will help with the weight.
Taylor, I love brown rice, too. I have rice cooker so I make brown rice or mixed rice(with all different kind of grain and peas. ) and you are right! Off is better than on!

Thanks everyone!
Old 04-07-2008, 03:30 PM   #6  
Not Yet Vintage

S/C/G: 203.8/185/135

Height: 5'6

That is amazing! Congratulations on losing 8.5 inches! Keep up the good work! Losing inches is a great achievement. Don't let the scale discourage you, it can be deceiving.
Vintage Glamour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2008, 04:38 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 173/173/125

Height: 5'8"

Inches are better than pounds!! That means you are losing fat and gaining muscle, Great for you!! Keep up the good work.
ella13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2008, 07:35 PM   #8  
Can't wait till 170

Vintage, thank you. I think I know deep down that scales can be so deceiving, but it did bother me... That is..until I got all these encouragement from you guys! Thank you!
Ella, it's nice to know that losing inches means I'm losing fat and gaining muscle. I will have to remember that! =)
Old 04-07-2008, 07:43 PM   #9  
I will do this.

OOOOOooo rice cooker.

I am now jealous of you and you so called "rice cooker".....

This will be my jealous face as if now:
Taylor86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2008, 01:25 AM   #10  
Can't wait till 170

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taylor86 View Post
OOOOOooo rice cooker.

I am now jealous of you and you so called "rice cooker".....

This will be my jealous face as if now:
Rice cooker is pretty nice because you can not only cook rice, but steam veggies, make stew/soup, and all different kind of stuff. =) I bought my first and second ones from Sam's club, and the current one from Korean store. =)
Old 04-10-2008, 01:53 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 84.4 kl

Height: 5 6'

its always best to meausure every part of your body first before dieting, i done this before and the times i didnt lose weight i had lost inches, so its always best to do this, some people feel down when they havent lost weight one week, but the inches have most likely come off that week instead, well thats how i did it but everyone is diffrent, so weather its ponds or inches good luck with it anyways and keep doing what your doing, everyone have a great weekend tricia
fantasyvamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2008, 09:14 PM   #12  
Getting Back Down to Size

S/C/G: 206/202.2/150

congrats on the inches! Try to dwell on the positive!
missjanel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2008, 10:39 PM   #13  

Height: 5'

Way to go! Congratulations on the inches. I actually took my measurements for the first time tonight, which I have never done before so I can start keeping track of them along with my weight loss.
SassySar81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2008, 10:43 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 155/142.6/132

Height: 5'6"

Congrats on your 1 month success! Now on to month 2 - keep us updated on your progress!

From one rice lover to another, I found that cutting back rice has helped me focus more on eating veggies and seafood. I am Indian and grew up eating white rice every night. Recently I found a product by Kashi called "7 whole grain pilaf" which has now become my daily rice alternative as I try to lose weight. It has brown rice in it, but it also has several other whole grains in it such as buckwheat, rye, oats and barley and these add density to the rice as well as texture. 1 serving is 170 calories and 6 g of protein. I've found it is very filling and satisfying compared to just brown rice alone. I also make it in my rice cooker . It's a little pricier in the stores than plain brown rice, but I liked it so much I ordered a huge box on Amazon to save some money on it and am just storing it under my bed.
orthodiva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2008, 10:46 PM   #15  
Can't wait till 170

Tricia, thank you for your advice. Although the number on the scale didn't move as much, I can still tell from the way my clothes fit and it's the inches and how my body will be more fit that matters. I know that the number on the scale will move one day or another as long as I keep doing what I'm doing. =)
Missjanel, you are right. I'm in this for long run, so dwelling on the positive is a must. Thank you!
Sassy, Thank you! And I like your "will power dust" because I know I will need it a lot! By the way, I got a good friend in Syracuse, NY..although I've never been there. hehe =)