Closed Thread

Old 03-29-2008, 02:02 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 221/180/150

Height: 5'2 1/4"

Question Anyone doing I Can Make You Thin?

I just came across I Can Make You Thin on TLC. Is anyone doing this? If so, how is it working for you. It seems to be a lot like Intuitive Eating with some strategies to make it work better and I'm thinking it would work well with Whole Foods healthy eating.
Old 03-29-2008, 03:16 PM   #2  
Weight Loss; Control Gain

S/C/G: ?/?/130

Height: 4'11"

A friend of mine at work has been doing this for about 2 weeks, her weight has not changed, although she is not working out at all. I think it is a bit misleading, the 'eat what you want' part, because what you want could be so calorie dense!

That's just my opinion, but if you leave sweets and candy and high calorie foods, etc.. out of the program, I believe it makes sense.
Old 03-29-2008, 03:17 PM   #3  
Future Wonder Woman

S/C/G: 248/see ticker/145

Height: 5'6"

It's funny you mention this, I read a post on some other board of someone that is following it (I think it was the 100 lb club) and she said it really helps. I don't know about the "eating what you want" part mentioned by vixjean, but I did check out his techniques for emotional eating and cravings. There are techniques that you can learn from the host's website, I checked them out...they sound a little nutty but I think they will probably work. I've heard of thought field therapy before for other things, I don't see why it wouldn't work for emotional eating. Go check out his website, I'm sorry I don't know the link.

Last edited by trooworld; 03-29-2008 at 03:18 PM.
Old 03-29-2008, 04:27 PM   #4  
My Evolution

S/C/G: Size 26/Size 18/Size 8

Height: 4'11"

Hi Pattygirl--I have been going back and forth whether I want to watch the show. The hypnotist part throws me off. But I will give it a try. It definitely sounds like IE which has helped me immensely with my binge eating. I am now starting to lose weight. Yeah! I don't obsess about food. I don't plan binges. I don't look foward to binges. I don't deal with my emotional issues with food. It has been amazing.

Vixjean--Hi to you too. I think we make the assumption that we will want calorie laden things when you can eat what you want. When it is no longer off limits it is less appealing. At least for me. I'm not sure if he will address exercise or not. This is about building a healthy relationship with food.
Old 03-29-2008, 08:04 PM   #5  

Hi Shay,
I went to the Paul McKenna website and it is FREE so I joined. Got a lot info I downloaded to read. I did the technique on line for getting rid of cravings. I've never been much of a sweet eater but lately found it hard to keep my hands out of DH Heath bars which I don't even really like. Any way after doing his technique, I'm not sure I will be able to eat anything chocolate without feeling nauseous or sick. I don't think I'll have problems with the "eat what you want" because I already have a desire to eat healthy Whole Foods like fruit, veggies and grains. My sweetner is mostly Stevia. I just need to get to where I am eating more IE lifestyle... eat when hungry and no cravings. Here's the website if anyone wants to check it out
http://www.mckenna.com/ . It won't be for everybody, but some will. I expect it to help me with my already healthy way of eating. This plus IE and Whole Foods will be a great lifestyle for me.
Old 03-30-2008, 12:09 PM   #6  
CURVY VIXEN

S/C/G: 205/194/128

Height: 5'2''

I've been watching it and did the first weeks plan
eat what you want, eat when you are hungry, eat consciously ( putting down your fork with each bite)
I have to say that part of it works, BUT, eating what I want doesn't work for me. I want bagels and cream cheese, pizza and ice cream. I think eating those foods aren't healthy and high in fat.
I think eating what is MOST healthy for your body as fuel could be a good tool, incorporating those foods once a week makes most sense to me using that method.

The tapping method did work for me once last week, when I passed a carvel ice cream store... my absolute fave!!! I really didn't want it...but other times it didn't.. but I think I was very hungry.

I thinking doing any method like his works if you want it to work.. I also think the beck weight loss method is good tooo...
again it comes down to less calories in and more expended to lose weight.. they all work as long as you work em!!
Old 04-01-2008, 11:48 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 237/227.4/160

Height: 5'4"

Default I Can Make You----

Hi Patty, and everyone! I am doing Paul McKenna's I can make you--. It is working for me. I am not eating everything that is not good and find myself doing it often (first week) but this is self hypnosis as I understand and we have to do it often until it gets ingrained. I am losing, do not get up at night to eat and have started exercisinf once more. I am going to weigh in the morning again and I will let you know. Also, it isn't costing me a cent!
Old 04-01-2008, 11:52 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 237/227.4/160

Height: 5'4"

Default I Can Make You--

I forgot to say that I am a former weight watcher and I do know how to eat healthful but recently quit for lack of funds. I do the taps also. As needed!
Old 04-01-2008, 12:12 PM   #9  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=136322 is a whole thread on this subject. Check it out and join it for posting support if you want.
Old 04-01-2008, 08:55 PM   #10  

I've been following the basic 4 rules and I have to say...I remembered today that there were cookies in the pantry that have been in there over a week. If I'd been "on a diet" they would have been GONE..simply because I "couldn't" have them...I'm eating exactly what I want and the cookies and Easter candy AREN'T IT! Does that make sense? I'm also very cued in to the hunger and satiety feelings..and for once I really can distinguish when emotion leads me to eat. Seems that before that was always such a vague term..now I know! I like to call what I'm doing "I CAN MAKE ME THIN"
Old 04-01-2008, 09:42 PM   #11  

I am experiencing some of the same things. In fact, I have a "new" problem/experience I haven't had in over 35 years... I'M NOT HUNGRY. I had 2 boiled eggs and 4 olives around 12:30 (got up late) and I wasn't hungry again until around 7 pm. I kept telling DH, I don't know what to do because I'm not hungry. I think I was, but it has been so long since I ate just when I was hungry that I didn't recognize it because by the time I felt hungry and made a salad to eat I had the shakes. I still haven't had the chocolate candy I craved. They are sitting on the table by where my DH sits not far from where I sit and I just don't want it. Isn't that neat? I haven't felt this way since I was 27 years old and I am 64 now. What a wonderful feeling... no hunger and no stuffed feelings. I feel great.
Old 04-02-2008, 08:58 AM   #12  

Hey Pattygirl--I see you're in SC..I'm a Charlestonian myself! I just turned 50 and decided NO MORE DIETING EVER. EVER!. With the help of this type of mindset, I feel like I've been let out of prison...the only thing I ever truly wanted in my life was to feel "normal" around food... this is amazing. My clothes are looser and I just feel EMPOWERED...I exercise because I want to, not because I feel like it's a have-to. What a feeling!
Old 04-02-2008, 09:41 AM   #13  

Good morning,
I've been watching Paul McKenna these past few weeks and have started his program. May I join you? I started last week and was really surprised that I lost some weight. The hardest part for me is getting in the mind set of eating what I want. I still think of some foods as forbidden. But, I'm working on that.
I will be turning 60 this year and I just can't go on another diet. When I saw Paul McKenna's first show, everything just clicked.

Pattygirl, I too find that I'm not hungry between meals and sometimes don't eat until it's too late.

OhCharlie, I've been wanting to feel normal around food also and by eating this way I feel like a weight has been lifted off my shoulders.
Old 04-02-2008, 12:15 PM   #14  

Aleka--Amen to the weight being lifted off your shoulders, girl!!!! It is so liberating, isn't it?? I have come to truly believe in this way of being..not thinking, "if this doesn't work in 2 weeks I'll go on a diet". Dieting is NOT an option ever again. Really do give yourself permission to eat what you want...if you eat it slowly, savoring each bite, you will be very satisfied with a lot less than you think. I'm amazed every day at 1) how much less I eat when I eat slowly and with awareness and 2) how I really don't think about food very much at all.

Let's keep this thread alive!
Old 04-02-2008, 05:28 PM   #15  
from Obese to Oh Baby! =)

S/C/G: 308/see ticker/200

Height: 6'0

Week 3 for me using Paul's techniques & it is working miracles for me! I have lost 8 pounds, but more importantly I feel better & in control of my eating. I was counting calories & continue to use the calorie counting site I am on & find I am eating apprx. 300-500 LESS calories eating what I WANT! Amazing.
Closed Thread