Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 04-04-2008, 04:05 PM   #1  

Height: 5' 8"

Default Am I Imagining Things?

I'm not even sure whether to post this as an NSV or a question because I'm not sure it's even possible.

OK, so, thanks to 3FC I've been able to get past using numbers on the scale (well, except for that whiny little "I'm stalled" post a week or so ago ) as the sole guage of my progress but I'll start by saying it finally limped down a whole lb after 3 weeks. HOWEVER, I'm sitting here today wearing a pair of jeans that 2 weeks ago I wouldn't wear (they are that thin, stretchy kind of denim that actually accentuates every butt dimple if they are even remotely "fitted") because they were still too tight - and today they are loose! Bordering on droopy in the patootie! I am already a size smaller than I started out but yesterday I was actually in the ladies room double checking the size label because the pants I was wearing seemed so loose I thought I'd grabbed one of the old pair. Is this for real? I mean can a little exercise make this huge a difference in the way clothes fit when the scale is only registering a pound gone? That first size didn't change until the scale registered almost 20. And when I say "a little" exercise I mean, compared to a lot of you, my workout routine is not all that intense. Gotta say though, I've come a long way in a pretty short time - When I started in January it was all I could do to lumber, gasp, and huff my way through 15 minutes 3 times a week and now I've worked my way up to 35 to 40 minutes 6 times a week - body weight exercises 3 days and dance video workouts for cardio on alternating days (yay me) Seventh day is for house and yardwork - that's exercise enough in itself

Am I imagining things? I just keep expecting to feel these pants starting to constrict any minute now.

Last edited by yoyonomoreinvegas; 04-04-2008 at 04:20 PM.
yoyonomoreinvegas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2008, 04:13 PM   #2  
Wish It~Dream It~Do It

S/C/G: 230/144.2/146

Height: 5ft3

yes exercise makes all the difference!!!!!! i too am loosing weight at a snails pace but clothes are fitting way better due to inches lost from exercise! way to go!! keep up the great work!!
BlzMaxGnrCCJkMly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2008, 04:42 PM   #3  
never say never

S/C/G: 215/ticker/165

Height: 5'6

go you!
polkadotfever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2008, 05:08 PM   #4  

Height: 5' 5"

excellent!

I guess you CAN gain muscle as you lost fat (and inches)...right?

jerzygal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2008, 05:09 PM   #5  
No description available.

Hey yoyo!

Our stats are eerily similar, and yeah, my clothes have up and gotten all loose on me with minimal scale change. Excellent progress!!!! Exercise (especially weight training) is like magic!
midwife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2008, 06:40 PM   #6  
girl toward svelte

S/C/G: 196/ticker/150

Height: 5'10''

Great job! Exercising makes all the difference with my inch-loss!!!
audreymonroe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2008, 07:24 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 237/165.8/130

Height: 5'4"

Muscle weighs more than fat ... ever seen the photos that show the difference between a pound of muscle and a pound of fat?

So you're building muscle and shedding fat ... and reshaping your body, even though the scale is not moving.

CONGRATS.

It's an awesome feeling, isn't it?

PhotoChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2008, 09:17 PM   #8  
Let's salsa!

S/C/G: 208/160/158 for now

Height: 5'9"

Enjoy the loose jeans - nothing feels better than previously tight jeans that are now deliciously loose.
Tomato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2008, 01:13 PM   #9  
needs constant reminding

S/C/G: 164/maintenance since 8/08

Height: 5'4"

rock and roll
kittycat40 is offline   Reply With Quote