South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 04-03-2008, 11:45 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 190/155/135

Height: 5'3"

Default Help..

Okay. My DH and I started the beach last thursday. He was at 180 and wants to be at 160. He is currently at 169.
I on the other hand started at 160 and want to be at 130... I'm at 155, although, I haven't weighed myself since Monday and won't until this coming Monday...
I know he is going to reach his goal earlier than me. What suggestions do ya'll have about helping him maintain his weight, and me to lose weight?
And what ways can I bulk up his meals once he is at 160 to keep him from losing anymore?
Thank you!
Old 04-04-2008, 12:38 AM   #2  
Beach Bum

Height: 5' 7"

DH and I are in similar circumstances. He is "allowed" to eat whatever he wants outside our house. At home, he respects my need for him not to bring any "junk" into the house. He eats off plan foods on occasion--but only during the work day, out of the house. He also keeps pistachios or other nuts at work as I can not eat just 1 serving.
Many of the South Beacher's here cook for their families, I bet they will give you some ideas. I only cook for DH and I.
Old 04-04-2008, 02:04 AM   #3  
McLovin' *TBL Red Team*

Same for my BF and I. I still have a lot to lose and he looks great. We do the same thing as Skinny. He has "cheats" on occasion and eats what he wants out of the house - only some times. He likes this way of eating so he still follows the plan. He usually just eats more grains than I do. Example - He will have a grain in the morning, two servings of grains for lunch - sandwich and crackers - and at dinner he will usually have another grain. He still follows the plan but with more grains and only has treats once in awhile. He also eats no sugar added low fat ice cream and sugar free candy a lot. If you have the book, you can look at the maintenance section - phase 3.
Old 04-04-2008, 04:13 PM   #4  

okay... that's what I kind figured would happen.. thanks guys, it looks like I'm not the only one..
Old 04-04-2008, 04:29 PM   #5  
Live, Laugh, Love

My BF can't keep weight on. I had to sit and lick my SF Fudgesicle while watching him eat a half a pack of Oreos last night. At least we all have each other right?
Old 04-08-2008, 06:02 PM   #6  

Last night I had a cheese salad

OH ordered in a huge meat feast Dominos Pizza.................

For my family I just take off the elements I'm avoiding, like potatoes etc. As I do the cooking they can like it or get a takeout....
Old 04-08-2008, 09:44 PM   #7  

The nice thing is DH is working with me on this. the thing that worries me is once he gets to his goal weight, how do I balance his maintenance with my wanting to lose?? LOL
Old 04-08-2008, 10:52 PM   #8  
Visualizing the Goal

Height: 5'4"

It's really about calories in vs. calories out. If he's reached a maintenance weight, he can eat the same types of foods as you but just have bigger servings. There's no reason to cook two different meals every time you eat together.

Kara
Old 04-08-2008, 11:04 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 250/150/135

Height: 5'4

DH lost 22 lbs and didn't gain it back. He eats normally now but still drinks diet soda and uses splenda.
Closed Thread