Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 06-03-2002, 09:31 AM   #1  

Default Stay At Home Moms #48

Hi and welcome everyone
Welcome to a thread full of encouragement, support, and humor as we share our lives, as we restore our health, lose weight and raise a family! Welcome to all newcomers and also to our regulars!!

To see the older thread click away here~~~~> Stay at home Moms #47
Old 06-03-2002, 10:10 AM   #2  
One day at a time.

Default Morning!

Hi Sheila!

Everyone have a good day!

Chu Chu, Good luck with WW today, maybe we can share tips, I start tomorrow night!

See y'all later!
Old 06-03-2002, 10:10 AM   #3  

Default Happy Monday to you all

Good Morning
Well Thank you all for the congrats on for my& DHs anniversary..Due to a bank error we really couldnt do to much but we did have alot of time together..I went in Saturday and cashed his check and deposited the cash into our account , she said it would be available that day.Well little to her or my knowledge by the time the transaction was processed it was noon time ,meaning that any transactions at noon or later would be credited on the NEXT buisness day (Monday) So we couldnt use our check card to go to dinner, or to get gas ..Luckily we had a few $$ on us we ended up having pizza at home and watching "Cast Away" w/ Tom Hanks that we bought at a video store for 5.99 (previously been watched ) and I had a few Bacardi Silvers over the weekend..Also DH and I decided we are going to start our own online buisness , I will tell you more about it over time I just want to make sure it is something this computer illiterate can actually do first..
Welcome Chu Chu and Mel !!!!!! Glad you found us !!
Here is a little background info on me.. I am 33 ( almost 34 this month but I aint pushing it yet) married for 17 years mom of 2 kids 12 y/o girl and 4 y/o boy and the "mom" of two gorgeous male 3y/o Siamese furbabies Tyson and Bingo ..I am 5'6" tall weigh 265 ( once again) want to be 160. I am a Dollar Tree Store addict ,my addiction at the time is candles and insence and well just about anything that they sell there..
Sorry this isnt very focused today but , I got up late and feel kinda out of sorts today. I was caught in a downpour rain/ hail storm on friday and although I have taken hot showers and wrapped up in layers I still havent gotten the chill out of me.. Weird huh??
Take Care I will check in later
Sheila
Old 06-03-2002, 01:01 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 242/199/160

Height: 5' 5"

Angry

Good Day, All!

I decided to come here to waste a half-hour or so, so that I wouldn't eat anything more 'til lunch. I'm "fruited" out for the day & seeing that this is the only thing I can have in the a.m., I'm coming here to pass the time.
Welcome, Mel & Chu Chu!
I'm glad that you have joined our "little piece" of the web with us! This group of gals has really helped me through my ups & downs since I started my weightloss program/programs. Being here on this thread is like waiting for your mail for the day! Well, first of all: I'm here to confess that my "naughtiness" from last week has shown up on the scale. I hopped on the scale on Saturday a.m. & found out that I'm up 3#'s!! I guess a "little" won't hurt me, HAS!! Now...I have a question: Can I start with this weight as my 5# weightloss challenge? JK!! I'd be only cheating myself if I used this a.m.'s no. on the scale! So...it looks as though I need to lose 8# by June 30th! Sheila:
A belated Happy Anniversary to you! My DH & I have almost a year ahead of you & your DH. We will be celebrating our 18th wedding anniversary on 6/23! We will be celebrating with our snowmobile group. (Not snowmobiling though, camping instead!) I'd like to reach my challenge by then, so that I won't feel so fat in front of all the campers! Wish me luck, gals! So Sheila-Did you hear about Tom Hanks HERO story a few weeks back? If not-here's the scoop: I guess he was out jogging one day close to a river or something & he heard a guy calling for help. I guess Tom is familiar with how to help drowning victims & told the guy to calm down & float on his back & go down stream & Tom would meet him at the bottom. Well, it all worked out & Tom was able to rescue him to safety. I guess this guy was lucky in two ways-To be alive & also to be rescued by TOM HANKS!! What a story to remember, huh? On another note: I hope that you enjoyed staying home on your anniversary! Where were the kids, anyways? Well gals, I'm going to sign off for now so that I can catch up on the old thread. I'll be back later, okay?
Old 06-03-2002, 01:07 PM   #5  
hangin' in there...

Jackie, you are so right... this thread IS like waiting for the day's mail.... only, NO BILLS!!!!!
Old 06-03-2002, 07:03 PM   #6  
burned out bus driver

Hi!
Welcome to Mel and Chu chu!!!!!! This is going to have to be another short post...........still resolving my computer woes, but I think I have found a temporary fix that seems to be working! (amen) I was about ready to strangle Ds for the mess he left me on this computer.........maybe I will let him live for another week.

Happy anniversary Sheila!!! Dh and I celebrated the big 20 in May. Actually, we really have not gotten a chance to go out yet, but that will happen as soon as softball season is over. And softball season is over this weekend ( I think- Lord willing that they win tomorrow nite,and believe it or not, I hope that they do win -I must be nuts!!!!!)
Jackie- I would start with whatever weight you are now- and go 5 down from that,K? The way you lose, you will have all 8 off by the end of the month anyway.
And Jen, I agree with you........this is better than the mail, it usually shows up more than once a day and is always friendly!!!!!

Well, I am going back to the last thread to see what I missed. Hope to see y'all later!
Ginny
Old 06-03-2002, 10:46 PM   #7  
burned out bus driver

Well, I got a chance to go back to read the last thread and I am not as out of date with you as I feared. Tomorrow, I have to get serious about this 5# challenge.........my eating has been so bad . Softball season is largely responsible...... and all the stress that goes with that. We have just been so busy- it basically takes one parent to keep Dd going- back and forth to games, practices, sports banquets.....and Dh enjoys all of it so much. A lot of people came to Dd's game this weekend (division title) to see Dd pitch- most of them played softball with Dh when he was in his prime. (so now you know where she gets this softball passion from!) The rest of us, little Dd, Ds and myself sort of fall in the cracks a bit. Dd (6) had her first ballet recital this weekend- and she was oh so cute!!!!!! I went to both the Saturday nite and Sunday shows (couldn't have her on stage without one of us there!)- we were all at the Sunday show for her. Today was Ds's junior olympics, I was at that for the morning before I had to go to work.
Got my walk in this afternoon and a lot of running this morning helping out at the olympics. (returning balls from the football throw event). Ds did well- he came in first place for his school (5th overall) for the softball throw (gee, wonder where he gets that talent from?) A few other students were sick and they had him sub in for them at the last minute.

Ok, I have babbled on and on again................better get some sleep as I have been up since 4:30 this morning (couldn't sleep so I ironed).
Have a great nite- see ya tomorrow.
Ginny
Old 06-03-2002, 10:50 PM   #8  
burned out bus driver

And an early happy anniversary to you and Gary, Jackie!!!!!!!!
Ginny
Old 06-04-2002, 05:04 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 242/199/160

Height: 5' 5"

Good Early Morning To Everyone!

I guess it's my turn to have insomnia this time! My mind is racing with all that I wanted to get done before the school year ends. It looks as though I'm not going to make it. I maybe would have been close, but dd & ds both want me to go on their year end school field trips with them. (All day one's!) Today I will be going with dd to the "Olde Wade House". It's an old time settlement from back in the early 1860's. It's awesome to see, but so time consuming for me. DS's will be tomorrow & we will be going to a Veteran's Park Cemetery to pull all the old flags off of the Veteran's graves. How exciting, sounds a bit morbid, huh? I guess someone has to do these kinds of things. It also teaches our children respect & responsibility for others & also a chance to visualize a fraction of the men that fought for our country. My ds's school is always doing great things for the community. A few months back they adopted a park & cleaned up all the litter on a weekly basis. My ds went from a parochial school to the public school system when he was in 6th grade. I was so scared to have him transferred because of all the bad things I've heard about public school. Well, my ds will be going into 8th grade next year, (which is hard to believe) & I have definitely changed my opinion on public schools! Well, enough about the school stuff & on with another topic. I sure wish that I could get back to sleep. Another thing that is keeping me awake is because my "so called friend" has gotten me upset again. We will be meeting for breakfast on Thursday, so I guess I may have the perfect opportunity to say something then. This is the last day of school for our dd's & they only go for 2 hrs. It doesn't pay for us to go home & then have to turn around & go back again to pick them up from school, so this is where breakfast comes into the picture.
Oops!, sorry-here I go again talking about school! On another note-I did pretty well staying OP yesterday, drank my quota of water & pedalled for 40 min. on the bike. I sure hope that these extra 3 # come off as quickly as they went on! This time it all settled in my lower abdomen & I really feel like a bloatous belly!
It's amazing on how 3# can make you feel! Three #'s doesn't seem that much, but when you visualize 3# of hamburger meat stuffed into your clothing, you get a bigger picture. Pardon me for my crazy explination, but this how I can make it sink into my head! Now, to be more crazy & to make me feel better...I'm happy to report that I at least lost enough weight to equal the weight of 3-five pound bags of flour! If I would have been a good girl & lost a few more #'s, than gained them, I would be reporting a loss equal to 4-five # bags of flour! Wow!, it's hard to imagine me carrying around an extra 15-20#! Well, lets see if I can work on the next 5# bundle of fat! Hmmn...somehow I wrote at least another paragraph & my fingers slipped & lost it all. Well gals, I'm getting sleepy now, so I'm going back to bed. Nighty Nite!
Old 06-04-2002, 07:22 AM   #10  
burned out bus driver

Good morning!!!
Well, I am not as early getting online as Jackie, but here I am anyway. Jackie, I hear ya about those 3#! I can feel those 3-4 pounds that I put back on in my tummy too..... Hopefully they will be history for both of us soon! In case I do not get back here before your breakfast on Thursday- good luck. I'll pray that you have an extra measure of grace for that - hopefully she will hold her tongue and the breakfast will go just fine! I just love those historical trips- the Old Wade House sounds so interesting.
And that service project of caring for a veterans cemetery is great- a lot of kids have no idea of the human losses of war- the numbers from WWI, WWII and Vietnam are staggering. Good job to you on staying OP with your water and all that peddling! Are your feet bothering you at all?

As for me, I have a full plate today- but not quite as bad as yesterday. Dd has a huge game tonite - I am unable to go because I have to work and I have a nasty toothache (another root canal is in my future,I think). Got my walk in this am and so far I am OP with my eating. (but then mornings are easy for me to stay OP, I fall apart at the end of the day).
Gotta go take a shower. Have a great day!
Ginny
Old 06-04-2002, 10:03 AM   #11  
One day at a time.

Default Good morning ladies!

Looks like there are a few early birds here! Great! I usually find myself bored after Dh leaves for work, but now I can occupy myself here. I'm going to have to make time to get back to your old threads so I can get to know everyone better, and won't be lost!

Happy Aniversary Jackie!

Dh and I celebrated 7 years this past April!

Ginny & Jackie, I hear what you're saying about carrying that extra weight, even a lb. of fluid is bad. And I am having a time trying to stay OP while Dh is off work. Tonight is my first WW meeting and I'm very excited! I know this will give me the boost I need and Dh is even interested in trying WW plan too!

Well it's going to be another busy day, we're taking Ds and nephew to Dallas for the day. BBL, have a good day!
Old 06-04-2002, 10:19 AM   #12  

Default Hello Ladies

Good Morning
Hope all is well with you all.. My TOM is whacked again I started yesterday..So I am a bit grumpy and swollen today
Last night I bought a program to make buisness cards for when my online buisness gets statrted I can print some up!! I was fiddling with it last night and made up some fakes to show DH what different ones that i think look pretty neat..I bought a few summer tops too last night I couldnt find any shorts that I liked though.Oh well maybe next trip..I even bought new placemats for my kitchen table, I am trying to just add a bit of "something" to my kitchen to make it look brighter. I got rid of the old ones since they got burned somehow well "melted" is the word more better.. I buy the cheap plastic ones so I can easily wipe them down .
OK now let me focus on what this place is for ..weight loss.. I admit lately I been slacking in the exercise dept.. Just straightening out my house has been my priority.. I will account my food intake for yesterday
2 frozen plain buttermilk waffles
apprx 5 cups of coffee with 2 sugars and half n half
2 hamburg patties 2.5" round about 1/4 " thick with seasoning (thats after cooking) 1/2 of a 1/2 of a hamburg roll toasted
and about 5 spearmint hard candies
Not bad but could have been better

I will be back later when I have more time to write more to everyone .. Today I am wicked crampy and irritable ( and to think me and DD are now only one day apart of each other on our TOMs) She started hers the dy before me.. We used to be 14 days apart
Talk to you all later
Take Care
Sheila
Old 06-04-2002, 06:38 PM   #13  
burned out bus driver

Hey!!!!!!!!
I have a great fix for eating too much................it is called a tooth that needs root canal................... . Just got back from the dentist with some antibiotic and painkiller. But gotta go make dinner for the tribe (frozen pizza tonite!). Hopefully Dd's game went well. See y'all later.
Ginny
Old 06-04-2002, 10:37 PM   #14  
One day at a time.

Default Finally Home!

Well, needless to say, our Dallas trip was long and I didn't get to the WW meeting but since Dh is off all week it is probably better for me to start when he goes back to work!

Sheila, I hope you feel better soon!

Ginny, sorry you're feeling bad too, Toothaches are the worst!

I did a little better with my eating today, but I've still got a ways to go. We did a lot of walking today, but I'm really not wanting to do much because I have the worst sun burn ever! Guess I'm going to turn in, got another early day tomorrow!

Good night
Old 06-05-2002, 11:02 AM   #15  
burned out bus driver

Good morning!
Well, it's almost afternoon...........but good morning anyway. Nobody ever said that I was playing with a full deck anyway.

Sheila- I hope that you are feeling better- try not to be too hard on yourself. I always try to take one day of TOM easy- not that I sit around all day and mope- but just try not to stress myself too much on a day when I am not feeling great. Have a cup of tea (or good coffee, you are a coffee drinker, right?) and put your feet up.

Melissa- if you are really uncomfortable with the sunburn and do not have a problem taking benadryl try that. (follow the label for normal allergy instructions). Latisia and Jen, our resident nurses already know this one I am sure- but sunburn is an allergic reaction and the benadryl helps with the itching- puffiness etc....
But it does make some drowsy too. Hope that you are feeling better. Good for you with all that walking. Your eating will fall into line- it can be tough to eat well with a non dieting Dh around all the time!

As for me, I am ok- still uncomfortable with the tooth but managing. The root canal is tomorrow afternoon, thankfully.
Dd won the game last nite (10 - 0) so they go on to the state finals on Saturday. She is so excited- and as much as I bellyache about softball, I am happy for her. No matter what, softball is over Saturday, there are no more games after that!
Got a quick walk in this am and my eating is ok..........tough to eat veggies with this tooth though!
Gotta go to Dd's bubble party at school. Have a great day.
Ginny
Closed Thread