South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 04-03-2008, 06:05 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Default Thursday On The Beach Chat

Brrrrrr! We're getting a reminder that winter is still lingering this morning. Not quite cold enough for the rain to turn to ice, though.
After Curves I'm going to go get Maggie and bring her here for part of the day. She's still doing very well, and she's ready to get out and about for a little bit.
How's everyone doing today?
Old 04-03-2008, 06:23 AM   #2  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Cottage, sorry you have rain. It'll be a day to cozy in with wee Maggie. We are coldish but going up to 45ºF today so more of the white stuff will melt. Right now I have a skating rink in my side yard and the sump pump chugging away in the basement.

Off to town today to get my new tires and take my poor overworked sewing machine for a spa day. It must have a million miles on its odometer as I've had it since 1983. I do have my smaller machine for quilting classes but really prefer the old one. I need to go to the bank too - I've been carrying around a largish cheque for three months. (Our Delta bank closed last May and there's no ATM that takes deposits around here.) My heavy winter coat is going to the cleaners too. I'm ready for Spring!

No snowdrops yet but I did spot some green between the snowbank and the house foundation.

Here's a good morning from Hershey.

Have a "thrilling" Thursday.
Old 04-03-2008, 06:34 AM   #3  
ONEderland here I come!

S/C/G: 286/210/200 (next goal)

Height: 5'2.75"

it's cold here but no rain thankfully and my tree has white buds already...

more when i get to work
Old 04-03-2008, 07:20 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 302/229/140

Height: 5'11"

Signs of spring in Nova Scotia too. Seen a few flowers peeking through on sunny banks. Well that was kind of a long stretch. They also tried to call me in this morning but I didn't answer the phone. I needed some sleep. Doing good though still avoiding the large quantities of pizza and Tim's that are flying in front of me every day. I"m going to look around today and see if there is anything more on metabolism and jumping shifts, and maybe some suggestions. I find that salads make me rather nausiated late at night. I've been going with a small meal every 6 hours or so. I'm still loosing but I want to make sure it stays that way.
Old 04-03-2008, 07:28 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 241/232/165

Height: 5.7

good morning chicas1

weather here: sunshine, overcast, rain, sunshine etc. flowers are all up and blooming, tho dishwasher just went bust so i have a nice stack of dishes to clean before work and we've just been informed that our lease will be terminated early because the owner's brother wants to move in. sheesh! what a start to the day! luckily two of our buddies are lawyers so we're gonna cream the landlord*evil laugh*

cottage i am glad to hear maggie is up and at em, hope the two of you have a fun day!
et al. good luck on running pre-spring errands and keeping on track sbd-wise

ttfn!
Old 04-03-2008, 07:36 AM   #6  
Visualizing the Goal

Height: 5'4"

Goooooood morning! It was a chilly run today, and I'm still a bit on the cold side, even sitting inside at the computer! Best get a cup of tea to warm up the insides and maybe follow that up with some oatmeal.

Jan, sorry to hear about the lease mess. We're so tired of living by someone else's rules - hence, the questions about buying!

Jen, way to go not answering the phone! Hope you got some good rest!

Ruth, good luck with all your errands. Hi to Hershey!

Linda, have fun with Maggie today!

Not much on the plate for us on this sunny Thursday. We're going to take a walk to the mailbox as Connor wrote Tom a letter and Kadyn colored him a picture, so we'll be getting those out sometime today. I have to figure out what to get my grandfather for his birthday next Wednesday. I'm leaning toward movie passes, as he mentioned Marley and Me is being made into a movie, and I know he loved the book. We'll see.

Happy day!

Kara
Old 04-03-2008, 07:45 AM   #7  

I thought it was raining when I got up, the weatherman said it was raining, but the sun is shining brightly and the sky is a cloudless blue. I think the rain is due later, though.
Old 04-03-2008, 07:45 AM   #8  

Instead of stickying the Exercise Queen post, could someone sticky the April Exercise challenge post, please?

Robert just dropped Brian at gymnastics last night so I didn't get to give him his mail (which had a few important things) or ask him if he would drop him at the church for his campout next weekend. I guess I'll have to send him an email.

I've got to run to get to the workshop. I'll try to post tonight.
Old 04-03-2008, 07:49 AM   #9  

Oooops! Sorry about that, Barb! I'll take care of it. for you, giving Robert a taste of his own medicine!
Old 04-03-2008, 08:01 AM   #10  
-

S/C/G: Size 16 to 18/Size 6/I'm there

Height: 5"3" Age: 55

Morning all...need to rush a bit this morning.

Since we are having weather talk, it's hot, humid and foggy here this morning..in the 70's right now. Rained last night. yucky.

I'm having an interesting breakfast of tuna salad (tuna, eggs, mayo, toasted almonds, parsley and tarragon) with raw spinich rolled up in a flatout. yum.

wishing you all a wonderful day...

Last edited by femmecreole; 04-03-2008 at 08:32 AM.
Old 04-03-2008, 08:50 AM   #11  
HAPPY HEALTHY ME

S/C/G: 215.4/-/165

Height: 5'2"

Morning chicks! We are a day closer to the weekend The weather here is suppose to be in the 80's with a chance of thunder storms this afternoon.

Cottage glad to hear Maggies is doing so well

Today for me consist of work, a trip to the clubhouse to workout on the stair climber and then after work dh & I are making a run to Costco and then it's workout video time.

Hope all you chickies have a great day!
Old 04-03-2008, 09:03 AM   #12  
I can do this!

Height: 5'11"

Hi, everyone!

Us too, Cottage. Brrr! I bet Maggie LOVES going to your house, Cottage! Will she get to reign in state on the Birthday Couch?

Awwww.. Thanks for the morning greeting, Hersh! What a darling! Glad to hear you're abandoning your winter coat, Ruth...I've been wearing my spring one (which I actually managed to remember to clean during winter this year!!!) for a couple days and I'm freezing...so have been wondering if I should still be in my winter one! If you can manage in Delta, I can certainly manage here. I hear you on checks. I hate going inside the bank. I used to have an account that was only free of fees (this was the old days) as long as I only went inside two times each month. Everything else had to be through the ATM, so I'm an only ATM literate. I have no clue what to do inside a bank, so I avoid going in! Drive safely!

Oooh, Nessa, white buds sounds awesome!

Spirit, congrats on avoiding the pizza and Tim's!!! I have to say, Tim's is SUCH a temptation for me that I rant and rave my way into Canada--they even have a couple Tim's on OUR side of the border here in NY!!! They're invading--next thing I know I'll be forcefed timbits!!! No, seriously, I find them next to impossible to avoid, so I have HUGE respect for you! I'm not sure, but I think that you might find it easier to eat things with slightly more carbs in the evening to combat the issue of less light=sleepy. Maybe a medium banana and natural peanut butter? Or something with beans and tomatoes? What about chili? Let us know if you find out more about shift working and eating. If you do, maybe you can start a thread in the FAQ about it? I think that might be really helpful--who knows how many lurkers deal with this issue!

Yikes, Janda! I hope your lawyer friends are really good at their work! I'm with you on broken appliances. Our microwave (which is one of those "over-the-range" types that makes it also our range hood/light) broke about 2 months ago, a week after our toaster oven broke. We've been cooking like Amish people (minus the log fire) for months now--everything on the stove top or in the oven. The new micro comes tomorrow morning! I'm going to be SOOOOO excited to microwave something! My favorite WW burrito takes 2 minutes in the micro and 50 minutes in the oven!!! Hope your dishwasher is fixed SOON!

Kara, I just love that you're walking to the mailbox--how Normal Rockwellian! I'm sure Tom will LOVE getting the kids' efforts. Enjoy the oatmeal and tea...sounds perfect! BTW, as for your grandfather--I found some adorable books at Barnes & Noble the other day for grandmothers and grandfathers that are meant for filling in. They have tons of questions and spaces for the grandparents to answer, along with places for pictures and more. I thought it was the neatest thing--unfortunately my grandparents have all passed away.

Barb, I'm glad you're responding in kind to Robert. Silly man!

Cat, if you ever need a second career, I think any of us would be glad to hire you as our personal chef! YUM!

Me:
Off to the gym after work tonight. I'm doing cardio for a half hour, then going home to walk the dog, have snack, and maybe start dinner. After that, I'm heading back to the gym with DH for yoga. Then I'll definintely need a BIG shower! I was totally exhausted yesterday after my cardio workout and had trouble making it up and down the stairs to the basement last night for the laundry. I was just SO tired! I'm not sure if it's just too much exercise or if it's the combo of doing P1 while upping my exercise. Probably should have waited until next week, but I wanted to take advantage of the free time and inclination while it was here.

Gotta run...student's here!

Last edited by beachgal; 04-03-2008 at 09:04 AM.
Old 04-03-2008, 09:31 AM   #13  
Visualizing the Goal

Height: 5'4"

I did have the oatmeal, but it didn't totally warm me up. I threw in a bag of frozen raspberries after the oats were cooked and it was quite yummy. Connor gobbled his up!

I peeked at the scale this morning and I'm up 2.5 pounds since Monday. But I was clothed. And I had already drunk my water. Still... I think my body's broken. I've been doing very well eating on plan. Oh well, at least I'm not alone in the scale woes!

Laurie, I know you usually pay close attention to your protein intake, but make sure you get a good protein snack/meal after you exercise so you can help those muscles heal. Have fun at yoga tonight! And enjoy your microwave. I actually do most of my cooking in the oven. Even though it takes longer, I think it tastes better. Could be just a mental thing, though!

Gonna, sounds like a busy day for you! What videos do you and your husband do together?

Cat, can't say I'm a fan of tuna, but I sure am glad you're enjoying your breakfast!

Barbara, I hope you and Robert can get the shuttling of Brian worked out for both of you! You'd think he'd take advantage of any time he could spend with his son...

Connor needs the computer for his French, so that's all for now.

Kara
Old 04-03-2008, 09:45 AM   #14  
HAPPY HEALTHY ME

S/C/G: 215.4/-/165

Height: 5'2"

Kara you are not alone with your scale situations as I am right there with ya. DH & I do different kinds we have 3 biggest loser videos. Billy Blanks tae bo video, yoga and stability ball video so we just rotate them around so we don;t get bored.
Old 04-03-2008, 09:48 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 148/142/120

Height: 5'NOTHING

May I have a drumroll, please????

I stepped on the scale today and have LOST ANOTHER POUND!!! I'm down to 142.5. I am so psyched!!!

I found some crackers that I can eat with my guacamole snack - they're called Mary's Gone Crackers... Organic, wheat-free, gluten-free and no oats (I can't have them.) They're rice, flax seeds, sesame seeds, etc. More like crisps than rice.

13 crackers are 120 cals (I don't eat all that many)
with 3.5 g fat (poly/mono)
3 g fiber
3 g carbs.
All the grains are whole grains, too.

yummy, though strong. They didn't make me feel yucky, so I am happy.
Closed Thread