Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 06-04-2002, 09:21 AM   #1  

Default new and needing motivation!

Morning everyone! This is my first day at this site, and I'm really glad to have a place where I can get and give support! I used to post on another site similiar to this, but now it's membership-required, and I don't have the extra $10 a month to pay for it...(I'm a student, so money is always tight). A little about me: I'm a 23 year old Graduate student at a small school in Texas. I just received my BA in English, and am planning on getting my MA in English as well, but I really want to go into Academic Affairs or Student Services. I currently work in a mid-level position for the Housing department at my University, and I love my job. I have wonderful friends, and a wonderful family, all of which should motivate me to lose weight, but they all love me so unconditionally that sometimes it makes it easy for me to stay fat. I currently weigh 190, after losing about 20 pounds in September/Oct...I've kinda been at this plateau since, much because I have lost the motivation to lose the weight. I really need a group like this to be accountable to, because I'm obviously not holding myself too accountable. I tell myself I'm satrting tomorrow, and then tomorrow, and then tomorrow...well, today I'm starting TODAY! I'm taking my finding this site as a sign that today is the day...no more excuses...

I'm looking forward to hearing what everyone has to share! I hope everyone has a great day!!

Magdelena
Old 06-05-2002, 02:53 AM   #2  
Empress/Queen

Default Welcome ...

Magdelena!!! Sounds like you are really doing well in your life and on the right path in your weight loss journey. Hope you don't worry too much about that plateau ... it's all part of the process. If you DIDN'T plateau now and then, that'd be a problem because it's the way weight loss happens!

There's loads of support on this site ... it is consistently just a great group ... or groups, because there are lot of different ones represented in the varying threads and they are all friendly, so hope to see you around!
Old 06-05-2002, 09:11 AM   #3  

Crone,
Thanks for the reply and encouragement...from what I can see so far, this is a great group! I'm really trying to make an effort today to eat what I know I should and drink my water...wish me luck!
Mag
Old 06-05-2002, 10:10 AM   #4  
Dancing those pounds away

Magdelena... WELCOME !!!

There is something motivating about reading success stories.
That is how I got started here... I read and read and read.
I read how others were exercising, how others were drinking tons of water, how others were putting down food they really wanted to eat.
Then I focused on how if they can do iit... so can I.

I have two college daughters and I know how hard it is for them... but it is doable.
Just wanted to welcome you to 3fc. I suggest you read in a lot of forums and when you find a group you like... jump right in.
They will all welcome you with open arms.
Closed Thread