Old 04-02-2008, 01:00 PM   #1  

S/C/G: high285/resrart276/ticker/140

Height: 5'3"

Red face Wiggles anyone?

I have been making little simple goals for myself as I go.. just kind of like add one more thing here and tweek one more thing there. Making gradual changes is essental in making my new way of life a way that I can actually live with. Well this weeks little goal is to try to find more movement in my day (last weeks was to try to stay off the computer a bit more.. I failed thanks to this board ). Anyway, yesterday I dug out an old hip hop CD from my husbands older collection.. I'm a country music fan but my roots do have a touch of hip hop in them..lol. The kids and I had a total blast dancing in the living room.. we had "Mom's Dance Club" and at first they thought I was crazy.. well they did join in and I think we will make it a regular thing here.

So why did I title this Wiggles Anyone? Well in searching Netflix's watch online videos I found some Wiggles videos. My 2 little ones just love Wiggles!!! Well I started one and headed to the kitchen to wash up some dishes... and guess what.. I found myself dancing to the wiggles in the kitchen! I find them partly annoying, but man they have some of those kind of beats that just make you want to move!
findingfawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2008, 01:15 PM   #2  

So which song is your favorite -- Fruit Salad, Dorothy the dinosaur, etc.??? Unfortunately I think I've had "Wiggles Aversion Therapy" -- after two kids going through them and multiple concerts, the sound of one of their songs starting to play seems to make my mind go crazy!!

You should be proud of yourself getting everyone involved -- I know I enjoy activities we can do as a family more than most I do alone (okay, except for my 1/2 of treamill "alone" time at night!!) You are setting a very good example.
shelby897 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2008, 01:20 PM   #3  

lol.. I don't think I have a favorite.. although for some reason Toot Toot sticks in my head.

I'm kind of lucky... my oldest son (age 9) didn't like the wiggles, so I'm just now getting a dose of them from my 2 and 3 year olds. Lucky for me too, they prefer to watch the Leap Frog videos... at least they have some educational value.. but now to convince both of them that the letter A is not the letter "ahhhh", that the letter is said "A" and makes the sound "ahh"..lol.
Old 04-02-2008, 01:30 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 262/see ticker/153

Height: 5'6"

I absolutely love the Wiggles!! We had never watched them before we had kids, but our 2 and 3 year old loves them!! We were sad when Greg left (we as in me and the hubby...lol). I want to take my kids to go see them sometime though.

Their songs are fun to dance to. What's amazing is that our friends that don't have kids yet are starting to learn the songs. We went for a double date with 2 of our friends who are getting married in Oct. and they started humming "fruit salad" without even realizing it. Fun stuff!
LondonJulz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2008, 02:13 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 278/see ticker/168

Height: 5'6"

Ah yes, the Wiggles. My older kids never saw them but I got indoctrinated with my 2 yr old. She loves the Wiggles and is always making Rosy tea. Laurie Berkner is awesome too, great dance music. If you want to get really weirded out, get the ABC video from They Might Be Giants. Weird... but grows on you.
Lyn2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2008, 04:19 PM   #6  
Onward and Downward

S/C/G: 285/215/1??

Height: 5'2"

Not familiar with the Wiggles, guess they were before my time . . . my youngest is 35 . . . Of course, also after the time of my kids is Crazy Frog and I love him. Maybe I'd be a great Wiggles Grandmother.
meowee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2008, 05:43 PM   #7  
Former Quitter

S/C/G: 310/310/180

Height: 5'7

"Fruit salad...yummy yummy." Yeah, I could see shaking your groove thing to the Wiggles!
GirlyGirlSebas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2008, 07:47 PM   #8  
Formerly know as Fauxtini

S/C/G: 369.2/ticker/235

Height: 6'1

I love how you are adding little changes as you go. You have motivated me to pick one thing to change or upgrade each week from now on! Little stuff.. it all adds up! thanks a bunch for the idea!!
mountain mama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2008, 09:06 AM   #9  

Meowee.. you would make a great wiggles grandma.. esp if you can handle crazy frog..lol

Rhonda.. shhhh don't tell anyone

fauxtini.. there will be many times I have to repeat a change.. like somewhere down the road I will have to redo the "break the computer addiction" week.. but every little bit helps. I am determined to make these changes last for the rest of my life.. not just eating properly.. but making my life more ummm rewarding.

Lyn and London.. thanks for basking in the wiggles glory with me!
Old 04-03-2008, 10:02 AM   #10  
Hi From Canada, eh?

S/C/G: check the ticker :)

Height: 5'8

hmmmm.... I think I'll stick to Toby Keith's new song (clearly about me) "She's a HOTTIE" I can't sit still and I play 30 times a day LOL

And factor in the extra calories burned from fanning myself after looking at his pictures..well...there ya go
Trazey34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2008, 10:10 AM   #11  

hahaha... I was sooooo in love with Toby when I was in high school!! He and Tracy Lawrence were my big intro into the country music world, and I've never looked back! Except when I jam out to the Wiggles..lol oh and hubby's old hip hop stuff.