Old 03-30-2008, 08:19 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 197/192.5/165

Height: 5' 8"

Question Non-Egg Breakfast Ideas?

Hi everyone! I'm a newbie as of 5 minutes ago! My name is Melissa and I am a 5th time WW'er. I love the program and think I have finally "got-it." It's a shame it took me that many tries though!

I am looking to find out what your favorite non-egg breakfasts are. I seem to have a problem eating eggs. Anytime I eat them, I get an uncomfortable, bloated feeling in my stomach. Almost as something is "lodged" there. I have had tests for hernia, gallbladder, and other problems, and all those have come out negative.

So what are your favorites that don't include eggs(anything like an egg burrito or egg mock-mcmuffin is out. ...)
digiscrappergirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2008, 10:00 PM   #2  
keep on truckin'

S/C/G: 253/249/190

Height: 6'1

well you could make a sausage, cheese, and english muffin sandwich...

also a breakfast burrito with LOTS of onions, bell pepper, tomato, and any other vegetables with potatoes and sausage or bacon ( I use the morningstar vegetarian bacon and sausage because I am a vegetarian and it is also a lot less fattening than real meat).

Also you could make hashbrowns pretty low fat by:
-cutting potatoes in half and peeling them
-putting them in boiling water for 10 minutes
-grease a pan up with pam cooking spray
-drain the potatoes, rinse with cold water
-shred the potato completely onto a cutting board
-spread the shredded potato onto the pan
-while one side is cooking, spread a little bit of cheese onto the side facing up (optional)
-flip after a minute
-let the other side cook

These hashbrowns are only 1 pt if you do not use cheese, and up to 4 points depending on what kind of cheese and how much cheese you use.
vdaybaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2008, 07:41 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 226/197.6/150

Height: 5'2"

VDay, that sounds really yummy!
gemini1567 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2008, 08:05 PM   #4  
Rennie

S/C/G: 228/Ticker/120

Height: 4 foot 11 inches

My kids love buckwheat pancakes and jimmy deans 50% less fat sausage
Shy Moment is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2008, 10:45 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 220/197/160

Height: 5'-3"

instant oatmeal
yogurt w/frozen fruit
yogurt mixed with cottage cheese & fruit
cheese sandwich, or muffin or bagel
cereal
bandit2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2009, 07:07 PM   #6  
Closed

S/C/G: 244/165/137

Height: 5' 7"

In a pinch, Eggo waffles with syrup (watch the points)
Home-made muffins -- I use the WW cookbooks exclusively for these.
Eat like you are on vacation in another country: try baked beans on toast (Great Britain), or Gallo Pinto (Central America -- seasoned black beans and rice), or miso soup (Japan) -- google "international breakfast recipes" and adjust the ingredients and calculate the points as required.
Bagel and cream cheese
Oatmeal
Mmmmm - I'm hungry!
Kira
kiramira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2009, 08:28 AM   #7  
Tryin again beats quittin

S/C/G: 232/186.6/160

Height: 5"6

Well I really like plain ol' BLT's in the mornings, but instead of regular bacon I use Chicken or Turkey bacon, 2pts for 2 sizeable slices. Bacon, lettuce, tomato, whole grain or multigrain bread!

(BTW this is my 3rd attempt with WW.. but I'm doing it at home for the second time.. don't really have the time or money to join right now, but using what I've learned and journaling my diet. Looks like we have the same amount of weight to lose, good luck to you!)
Tendalaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2009, 01:07 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 187/171/125

Height: 5'4''

Great ideas!! I also don't eat eggs, so I am definitely going to be trying some of these....

Vdaybaby- hashbrowns are my fave thing on EARTH....thanks for that recipe!!
primaballerina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2009, 01:13 AM   #9  
Brown Eyed Staccie

S/C/G: Way too much to "Just Right"

Height: 5 feet 6 inches

I eat all kinds of foods at breakfast, chicken wraps, cottage cheese with fruit, chicken patty with salsa, fish on toast, chicken sandwiches, rice and veggie stirfries you name it. I am not sure why there are societal rules that we have to eat certain breakfast foods lol. It is the most important meal of the day and the one where I consume the most calories so I eat whatever I like
Brown Eyed Staccie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2009, 04:53 AM   #10  
fat chick FKA Velveteen

Height: 5'5½

like Staccie, I too eat a lot of different things for breakfast and not always eggs.

the latest is FAGE 0% Greek Yoghurt with fruit (strawberries, 1 kiwi), 7 almonds (really, just 7) and some All-Bran. That's 4.5 points but without the almonds it's only 3.

I sometimes like just a sandwich with Hellman's Fat Free dijonnaise, 2 slices of WW chicken, maybe some very low fat cheese, some cucumber slices or alfalfa for bulk. That would be 3 points as well.

Cottage cheese with fruit - 2 points - or you can even have it with tomato chunks and some hot sauce thrown in for zip (yes, in the morning!).

*these points are based on the BENELUX WW program and may be a bit different than in North America.
PinkyPie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2009, 08:08 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 276.2/270/160

I'm not much of an egg eater in the morning. I usually have oatmeal and weight watcher's yogurt or banana smoothie with a piece of weight watcher's string cheese.
thedawnster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2009, 06:18 PM   #12  
dreaming....

I love the replies here because I, too, do not eat eggs for breakfast.
heatherlynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2009, 08:00 PM   #13  

My favourites are pumpkin bran muffins (2 points - you can google the recipe!), pumpkin pancakes (5 points for 2 pancakes), banana whole-wheat pancakes (5 points for 2 pancakes).

Some others that don't require baking:

1/2 fibre 1 cereal with skim milk
1/2 a WW bagel with 1 tsp low-fat becel
1 cup fruit

All the above is 4 1/2 points!

1/2 cup fibre 1 cereal in a small fat-free vanilla yogurt
1 cup mixed fruit (I like melon and strawberries)
1/2 WW bagel with fat-free becel

all the above is 5 points - keeps you full too!
getfitchicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2009, 10:03 AM   #14  
Counter-Hipster

S/C/G: 184/ticker/140

Height: 5'7"

What about just egg whites? I was just thinking that maybe it's the heavier egg yolks that could be bothering you. I just posted a great idea for egg white sandwiches, but if you've tried just egg whites already and found that they're no better, then I'd suggest anything on an Arnold Sandwich Thin. They're surprisingly filling for something so deceptively small, only 1 point each, and packed with BOTH fiber and protein. Sure, I do work for the company that owns Arnold, BUT that's only why I tried them in the first place. I don't even eat bread anymore, just the sandwich thins.
dominodreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2010, 11:33 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 171/160/145

Height: 5'6

Digiscrappergirl- If you are having this response to eggs, you might be allergic. It sounds like just a slight allergy, but you might want to see an allergist to get checked.

I am severly allergic to eggs. To the point that we can't even have them in the house. So, I have had to creative with breakfast. My favorite is firm tofu crumbled in a frying pan with seasonings like cumin, salt, and pepper... it tastes just like scrambled eggs! I also do the low-fat, whole grain eggos with sugar-free strawberry jam..... one waffle is only 1 point!!

Also, there is a product out there called Ener-G. It is an eggless egg substitute. You can even make quiche with it and it has 0 points!!
slai78 is offline   Reply With Quote