South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 04-02-2008, 06:12 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Default Wednesday Warblings

We made it to Humpday already!

I have a long day ahead, but I'm going to Curves first. I have to get to Cindy's by 8 though, so I can stay with Maggie while she drops Audrey off at school on her way to the clinic. Maggie is doing remarkably well and was in very good spirits yesterday, so I'm hoping today will be the same. We'll just make sure she gets her pain meds every 4 hours! Her poor little face was all swollen from the surgery, but she didn't seem to mind. She was more interested in the giant teddy bear balloon and the Alvin & the Chipmunks DVD that I brought her.
Old 04-02-2008, 06:28 AM   #2  
-

S/C/G: Size 16 to 18/Size 6/I'm there

Height: 5"3" Age: 55

Ah, so glad that Miss Maggie is ok!! With her swollen little face, she can be the 4th chipmunk! I remember how scary it was when my daughter had surgury when she was little (I was preggers with #3 at the time too)

Morning not starting off too good. For some reason the dvd player on my computer is not cooperating and I can't get my exercise program to play. Grrrr. Will get son to take a look at it later to see what can be done and will have to put exercising off till this afternoon. Now I'm in a crummy mood. Another boring day ahead.

Hey, did ya'll catch Biggest Loser last night?? I am really sick of the "crying brothers". I told my husband it must have been a very soggy household when they were little. I certainly understand all the emotions, but jeez, the editors went a little overboard with the waterworks... got annoying after about the first zillion times we have had to watch them cry this season.

Last edited by femmecreole; 04-02-2008 at 06:29 AM.
Old 04-02-2008, 06:33 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 241/232/165

Height: 5.7

mornin!

temperatures have dropped and april showers have commenced..so much for the brief respite. i am still feeling a bit off--but new antibiotics seem to be doing their job. oh, remember i tried to renegotiate my contract? well, my boss has taken the liberty of going on vacation until next week which leaves me stuck! i've got a job interview next week and was counting on knowing whether or not i am free to take it! *grrrr*what a petty little man!

cottage: am so glad to hear maggie's recovering at light speed still wishing we had curves over here*color me green w/envy*

i am off for an extry dose of caffeine--can't seem to wake up today
happy humpday to all who follow!
Old 04-02-2008, 06:36 AM   #4  

hi femme! we've simulposted yet again hope u get ur dvd player fixed..vexing inanimate objects! and i couldn't agree with you more that the whole weeping bros thing is out of control. wah wah wah! plus the older one seems so incredibly overbearing/macho yet whiny at the same time. hard to take.
Old 04-02-2008, 06:45 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Morning janda and Cat! I completely agree with you about the crying brothers! Jake and I were just discussing them last night, and how they turn on the waterworks with every little thing. I wonder if they live next door and check in with each other constantly in real life? It's really getting to be too much!
Old 04-02-2008, 06:52 AM   #6  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Morning all-

Just a quick drop in this morning. We were up and down with our kitty alot last night. Now I'm just waiting until 7:15 to call the vet. I think they need to do her surgery now. Poor little thing is very uncomfortable.

Cottage - Glad Maggie is doing so well.

Janda - Hope the antibiotic keeps working and you continue feeling better.

Cat - The day can only improve

No matter how stressful today is - no more chocolate! Wonder if I can tattoo that on my forehead?!
Old 04-02-2008, 07:28 AM   #7  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

CindyM, just throw it out! I just pitched the remains of some candy that attacked me yesterday. I cannot resist liquorice babies! So sorry about your poor kitty. Let us know how things go.

Cottage Alvin and the Cs drives me nuts. My old ears cannot translate their talking. I hope you and Maggie have a good day.

Janaman, it may be April showers but you ARE in Europe. That boss of yours needs to be slapped! re the antibiotics.

Cat, I hope your techie stuff gets resolved fast. We can't have you grumpy. I don't watch Biggest Loser but know cry babies would drive me nuts.

I need to get my butt in gear. Claire is coming over soon to go through the "reject" fabrics from my sewingroom. The rest will be going to Goodwill - quickly, before I change my mind! I have fabrics I bought in 1974! We may discuss painting the sewingroom now that it's all cleaned up.

Have a great Hump Day!
Old 04-02-2008, 08:25 AM   #8  

ruth- you know vintage fabrics are so hoppin' right now check this out: www.reprodepot.com maybe you'll recongnize something

cyndi- fingers crossed on kitty's health..and i think chocolate consumed during kittyangst is neglible..freeze-dried mango strips are also v yummy and nerve-soothing!
Old 04-02-2008, 08:38 AM   #9  
-

S/C/G: Size 16 to 18/Size 6/I'm there

Height: 5"3" Age: 55

Ruth, what about selling the fabrics as a lot on ebay? 1974...hmmm, I started my second semester of college in January of 1974...they ARE vintage! What a great year that was.
Old 04-02-2008, 08:56 AM   #10  
HAPPY HEALTHY ME

S/C/G: 215.4/-/165

Height: 5'2"

Good hump day morning to ya chickies! Today is suppose to be beautiful til evening time comes and brings in the thunder storms and rain showers.

Cottage glad to hear Maggies hangin in there

Cat I agree with you on the brothers. I told my dh they are worst than babys with all that crying they always do.

Good luck Ruth with all your fabric

Cyndi hope the kitty gets better

As for me today I will head to the clubhouse on my lunch break for some stair master time and then after work dh & I are going to do a workout video and then head to a friends for dinner (chicken divan)

Hello to all those to come.
Old 04-02-2008, 09:11 AM   #11  
ONEderland here I come!

S/C/G: 286/210/200 (next goal)

Height: 5'2.75"

hi all! busy here as usual.
starting day 15 of my Beck work.. it's really neat stuff... today is monitor your eating day... no biggie for me.

the scale shows me UP 2 pounds this morning UGH... not sure why I was good with food yesterday ..... i hate this...

busy day at work then home and the rest of the week is similar.

friday is half a day because i have the dentist for a cleaning i hate the dentist. and then we are going to see Camelot!
Old 04-02-2008, 09:40 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 261/252/145

Height: 5'4"

Morning chickies, just a busy getting-things-done day here today. Tomorrow I'll be on the road all day so won't get much done around here. DD's roommate's mother called me last night to discuss some issues with the apartment. She really gets me so irritated I couldn't get to sleep, and am still cranky this morning. I keep asking her to just email me the bills but she won't. Something about talking to her really rubs me the wrong way.

cottage, glad Maggie is doing well. It's just amazing how fast they bounce back from that kind of stuff when they're little!
Cat, I caught a few minutes of TBL after I tucked the kids in last night. I was cracking up over the waterworks. I have watched a little of this season and it seems every time I saw it, that big, touch male pride-on-three team was boo-hooing over something!
jan, good luck with the interview. Maybe they will make you an irresistible offer! In any case, it's fine to go to your boss with any offer they make and ask if your current company is willing to match it or make a counteroffer.
Cyndi, poor little kitty, hope all goes well! Chocolate will not help at all!
Ruth, I love to sew with vintage fabrics! Yes, they are hot, you should definitely ebay them!
Gonna, sounds like you've got a great on-plan day planned! Enjoy!
Nessa, glad Beck is working for you. I haven't tried anything yet. We went to see Camelot at Wolftrap last summer with Michael York as King Arthur. It was the first time I'd seen it - so good! The kids loved it.

Last edited by Schmoodle; 04-02-2008 at 09:42 AM.
Old 04-02-2008, 09:44 AM   #13  
I can do this!

Height: 5'11"

Ah, Cottage, you're so good to those little girls! What fun stuff you brought! I saw a tiny clip from the Alvin movie on a commercial yesterday--looked like they drank frappacinos and then they started bouncing (literally) off the walls! That was hilarious! Just don't let Maggie talk you into giving her a frappacino!

Hey, Cat! I'm with you on frustrating electronic problems that make no sense! Sorry that happened! about the crying brothers--I don't watch the show, but I can see how that can be a bit much.

Oh, Janda, that kind of pickle makes me crazy! I always make a bad decision when I have to try to guess what someone's going to do. Hope that the job interview people take a while to decide to offer the job to someone so you have time to figure out what's going on with your current job. Yeah, we have Curves here, but even if you can't make it to a Curves, the fact of it being around has driven several of our local gyms to create "30 min workouts" in competition. It's a shame you don't have that, either. Wonder if there is anything on the web that would help you create a workout like that at a local gym?

Cyndi, I'm so sorry about your kitty? What is her name? I'll keep her in my prayers. Good luck with the chocolate! Here's some and just in case that works, here's a sign to put up to remind yourself:

Ruth, have fun with Claire! I hear you on fabric--I have fabric I inherited from my mom, who might have bought them in the 60s...yikes! I'm such a fabric ho! I agree about selling the extra fabric on ebay--is there a strictly Canadian ebay? I have a LOT of quilting friends who buy fabric online...it could be very lucrative. But it could also take a lot of time that you could spend quilting...so maybe you're right to just chuck 'em! Do you have one of those places near you that would sell it on ebay for you? That might be the best of both worlds...

Gonna, we had chicken divan last night and I'm having it for lunch today. YUMMMM!!!!

Nessa, just focus on Camelot! What fun! I hear you on the scale. It's a totally nutty thing, so don't let it get to you, 'kay? I gained some 2 weeks ago and managed to lose the same amount this past week--even though I ate more off plan stuff this past week! Oy! What's the Beck work about?

Me:
Anyone see any more signs of spring? I saw a TON of snowdrops on my walk with the pup yesterday--and a couple of crocuses, too, though they were tightly furled up. I saw a cardinal and a couple of tulip leaves poking up. It was 60 and glorious, but we got snow overnight...something tells me it's gonna be a fairly slow start to spring.

Did an hour of strength training yesterday (thanks for the fantastic motivation, Beachies! ) and it felt SO good! I made a schedule for the day and it worked out a lot better than my other days off have. I didn't accomplish a ton, but I did get a lot more done that I might have if I was all scattered. Off to the gym for cardio after work and then home...should be a slower-paced evening since we don't have any plans. I'm up for making dinner and I'm still working on my laundry. Otherwise, maybe we'll do some more work on the puzzle, which calls my name every time I walk by!

to all the chickies who post after (and simulpost)! Hope everychicky has a great day!
Old 04-02-2008, 09:45 AM   #14  
Recovering Sugarholic

Height: 5'3"

Schmoodle, Do you live near Wolftrap? Yet another reason I miss VA. My friend lived really near there one summer (in a no-roads, "commune" kind of neighborhood) and we went there. I love it!! When can I move back to VA???

On other notes...it seems to be warming up a little bit here. It is supposed to be 60 today and not rainy for the first time in several days. I am not feeling so well today. The morning sickness seems to be easing up but I have pretty bad cramps today and wish I could find someplace to go lay down. The nurse said it's just everything stretching down there, but these are more painful than they have been and that scares me of course.

Ruth, I would love to see some of your old fabrics. I wasn't even dreamed up in 74, my parents were still in high school! (Not that they got married too far out of high school!!) Next weekend we're going to WV for a wedding and my in-laws will be there; I think my MIL wants to look at fabrics for a baby quilt!

Last edited by JessieW; 04-02-2008 at 09:53 AM.
Old 04-02-2008, 09:48 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 261/252/145

Height: 5'4"

Jessie, you should come visit at least!
I am in Maryland but it's not a bad drive. I'm in a great spot, out in the country, but easy access to DC, NoVa, Baltimore, PA, WVa, and the mountains.
Closed Thread