Old 04-01-2008, 12:30 AM   #1  
Believe and Achieve

S/C/G: 365/311/180

Cool Why were they laughing?

Earlier tonight I went to Wal-Mart, and I saw the most disrespectful men alive. I don't know what the problem was. Every time I walked by a guy (all college guys) they would laugh. EVERY SINGLE ONE! Why were they laughing? Did they laugh because being overweight they expected me to dress crappy?

I actually felt very pretty before I went to Wal-mart, and don't worry, I still felt pretty when I left!!!!

Christina
butterfly_dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2008, 01:02 AM   #2  
~Believe~

S/C/G: XXX/-155/140

Height: 5'3

Aw Christina,

Some men are just morons. Especially when they get in "packs" lol. Who knows what they were laughing at and frankly, who cares. lol. Maybe next time you should point at them and start laughing back or if your feeling daring, just go up to them and ask what is funny, that you can always use a good laugh. lol. I like your attitude though, I am glad it didn't get you down.
Sassy_Chick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2008, 01:21 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 203/157/125

Height: 5'4"

Default Like I Tell My DD7, Boys Are Just Silly

Sassy Chick is right. Boys, no matter what their age, can be complete idiots. They obviously have way too much time on their hands. Also, people tend to lash out at others when they are not happy with themselves.

And you are really beautiful, sweetie. Have a great night.
sylvia78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2008, 05:43 AM   #4  
Trying to find my way.

S/C/G: 244/220/145

Height: 5'2''

BD I agree some boys are just stupid. I am sorry you had that experience. You are very beautiful, and there is no one here that will disagree. Maybe it was the clothes, but who cares. they boys run around with htheir underwear sticking out and many of them have thier pants belted at the knees how stupid is that?? Like they can run if they needed. Have you ever seen any of them try to run across the street?? OMG now THAT is funny.
nasus40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2008, 08:35 AM   #5  
banned

S/C/G: 185/165/150

Height: 5'9 - 40 and fabulous!

Wowwy BD - I love your new Avatar! Very beautiful...indeed! Sassy clothes too! Anyways...guys can be idiots! Agreed all the way! Glad to see you have a positive attitude!
bambifox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2008, 08:59 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 257/250/150

Height: 5' 3"

BD-I always somehow feel like I'm raining on your parade and I don't mean to do that-really. I'm just trying to keep it real. If it didn't bother you, you wouldn't be writing about it here. You wouldn't have mentioned it. Let's be honest, it bothered you. I appreciate your effort to put a positive spin on it.

The other thing I can tell you from my experience with patients is that people often think that others are talkiing about them or laughing at them when in fact, most people are WAY too self absorbed to notice what you are doing. Maybe they were laughing at you and maybe it was just a coincidence. I wasn't there, I don't know but maybe you are overly self conscious too so you think others are laughing or looking when they aren't. I won't deny that there is prejudice against the obese and that people can be obnoxious, but you also have to remove your own bias from the equation. I know when I'm at walmart, you would practically have to mow me down for me to notice who else I saw while I was there-even if they were green with purple hair. I'm totally focused on getting in and getting out.
petra65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2008, 09:16 AM   #7  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

I agree with Sassy...when they get into packs their stupidity becomes stronger.... you do know there is power in numbers lol.

College guys... well they are usually drunk and stupid

Don't pay them no mind.... they aren't worth it. And let me just say for the record...their stupid acts will come back to haunt them... I have no doubt.

YOU ARE BEAUTIFUL!! You have an amazing smile and your hair is stunning.
Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2008, 11:12 AM   #8  
Going to ONEderland

I remember being in high school and there were a lot of people (rather suddenly it seemed) who spoke no English only Spanish. I remember often times walking by groups of them who would be talking and one would say something and then they would all start laughing.

I hated them for it. I was sure they had made some comment about me that I couldn't understand and now were laughing and I still didn't know what they had said.

But you know? I have no clue really if they were even talking about me. And too, I wasn't fat at the time, in fact I had a really nice figure then.

I think sometimes when something is spoken in a different language we feel suspicious of it and are convinced we are being talked about when it might not be like that at all.

I wouldn't let it bother me. On the other hand I've seen young girls try and dress like all their friends when they really don't have the body for it. I am so surprised that they don't realize that wearing shirts that show their midriff when they don't have a slender stomach isn't attractive at all, but just gross. I hope you weren't dressed that way. If so? You deserved to be laughed at. I don't say this to be mean, I really suspect you have more sense than that, but I've laughed or rather been grossed out by people who follow "styles" assuming they can carry it off when it is obviously meant for a person with a different body type. Particularly when such styles reveal too much flesh.

There is a way to be pretty while overweight, but it isn't by showing it all to the world. And again I'm sure that ISN'T what you were doing. I'm just saying it because I just don't get it. It is kind of an ugly style anyway, you know the one I mean, where your shirt ends two inches before your pants begin. There are few people with a trim enough midsection to carry that one off, and plenty of people who can't carry if off trying anyway.
SherryA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2008, 11:24 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 203/157/125

Height: 5'4"

You're funny SherryA. My friends [some are overweight and some aren't] and I have a saying, "Just because they make it in your size doesn't mean you should wear it." I personally don't wear micro-pleat pants/skirts because I feel it shows too many bumps and lumps and stuff.

Butterfly, I just saw that you updated your picture. That is an AWESOME photo of you. WOW!
sylvia78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2008, 12:14 PM   #10  
Fay

S/C/G: 240/see ticker/140

Height: 5/3

Quote:
My friends [some are overweight and some aren't] and I have a saying, "Just because they make it in your size doesn't mean you should wear it."
Amen! Honestly, it just BOGGLES my mind when I shop in Evans (fat lasses' shop back in the UK) that they sell these mini skirts and sleeveless dresses and things in size VeryBloodyFatIndeed. Because, Good LORD, no bloody way would I want to wave my thighs or wobbly upper arms at the world. No. Way. And they have these things in bigger sizes than mine! Who BUYS these things? And why doesn't someone stop them?

BD - Must agree that that's a lovely photo of you! As to the laughter - well, if you had your skirt tucked in your knickers or something, then fair enough - but otherwise it seems unlikely that they WERE all talking about you. That would be just mad!
broadabroad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2008, 04:52 PM   #11  

Hmm, I think it's a little unfair to say that only boys are dumb and rude. I've seen plenty of girls be little b**ches, some worse than most guys I've ever met.

Just sayin' it's not only guys that can be callous and rude. Just people in general, you know? As it stands, most of my closest friends are guys because I can't stand most girls.

Again, just sayin'...
cephalopod gal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2008, 07:22 PM   #12  
Trying to find my way.

S/C/G: 244/220/145

Height: 5'2''

you are so right girls can be much more rude and hurtful then boys.
nasus40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2008, 11:28 PM   #13  
Believe and Achieve

S/C/G: 365/311/180

ok, yeah, maybe it did bother me a little. I still felt pretty, but what the guys did did carry on in my mind. See my new pic? That's what I was wearing. And maybe I am a little self-concious, those guys could have been laughing at something else. I've just been laughed at all my life that when I here someone laughing near me I think their laughing at me.

And as for the clothes subject. OMG I can't stand to see boys wearing their pants soooo low that they have to walk around holding them up. I mean... come on... have some DIGNITY!!
butterfly_dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2008, 05:03 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 250/150/135

Height: 5'4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sassy_Chick View Post
Aw Christina,

Some men are just morons. Especially when they get in "packs" lol
You said it sister!
ShannanA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2008, 07:04 AM   #15  
Slimming Down

S/C/G: 267/239/145

Height: 5"4

Well they are MEN??!!

They can't recognize beauty even if it hits them in the eyes...
Plus I think such men or even people in general, if this is their attitude, know they suffer from in-securities...
Sharry is offline   Reply With Quote