Old 03-31-2008, 06:23 AM   #1  
Larry's Angel

Location: NW New Jersey But, My Heart's In Pittsburgh!! GO STEELERS & PENGUINS!!!

S/C/G: 245/143/145

Red face Atkins Angels Chat 3/31 - 4/6

Good Morning fellow Atkineer's!!

Its a new week!! What are your goals this week? Lets chat Ladies!!!
JerseyGyrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2008, 08:11 AM   #2  
Low Carb Lolita

S/C/G: 185/see ticker/135

Height: 5'7"

Thanks for starting up the chat this morning JG! I've got some very specific plans for this week:

1. Now that I've been in ketosis (officially--as per my ketostix) for 4 days, I'm going to STAY there!

2. I'm on Induction-level carb intake, so I'm all about that as well.

3. Tea is great, but focusing on water, too. I need to get in more plain old H2O!

4. I'm also working on replacing most of my Splenda intake with Stevia (now that I've got that darn Aspertame out of my diet!)

5. Hitting the gym! The plan for this week is to get lifting in Mon, Wed, Fri mornings and to get some HIIT and High-Intensity cardio in on Tues/Thurs. Maybe if it's nice, I can have a nice, relaxing walk on Saturday and Sunday Moving my body is the plan!

Hrm...I -think- that sums it up. I've also decided to weigh once weekly as a "surprise" for myself. I've been in ketosis since Friday, so I know that any weight I've lost after 161 is actual fat loss, since my glycogen stores are now depleted I'm excited to see what next week brings! Yesterday, I was 159.6--I'm hoping for a 1-3 pound loss this week.
Azure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2008, 09:19 AM   #3  
Larry's Angel

Location: NW New Jersey But, My Heart's In Pittsburgh!! GO STEELERS & PENGUINS!!!

I'm hoping the weather starts to improve here soon so I can get back outside for my walks. There's a very nice lake a block from where I live that has walking trails and I'm really looking forward to getting back over there to walk
Old 03-31-2008, 09:36 AM   #4  
Going to ONEderland

My objective is to stay at induction level carbs. To see how much more weight will come off now that the most of the water weight is gone. Planning ot stay strict about avoiding artificial sugar. Scale is up a little this morning. Probably due to Saturday's deviation with sugar free (but not carb free) frozen yogurt. Always weird to me how it doesn't show up the next day, but a day later.

Last night I tried some new recipe because I've been wanting to try some new vegetables. I wanted to find out what celery root tasted like. So I went looking for a recipe that would use it. The resulting soup was so bland that I had to keep adding things to it, spices until it tasted just plain weird, but it never was very good. Ok so much for that!

I need to be drinking more water too. I have been drinking water, but I have to make sure I continue to.
SherryA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2008, 09:51 AM   #5  
All power is from within

S/C/G: 192/190/160

Height: 5'6

Hello ladies!

My goals for this week are to work out 6 days a week, and REACH induction.

Today is Day 1 for me and I already had Splenda in my coffee, but I know Dr. Atkins wrote that this was fine in his book. However, I'm not a big fan of sugar substitutes so I won't be using it again.

Wish me luck!! I'll be cheering you guys on!
onelife2live is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2008, 12:42 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 203/157/125

Height: 5'4"

Thanks JerseyGyrl for starting this. Hey there everyone and welcome aboard OneLife2Live. Don't be be afraid to post any questions you have; even if you think they are trivial. Those might be the same questions someone else as and was afriad to ask. Everyone here really wants to see you succeed.

Azure - glad to hear the ketostix are working for you. Just keep doing what you've been doing.

My goals for the week are to get 12 cups of water and exercise everyday. This seems simple enough and it is for week days. But my weekends are not so good. I really have to work on getting enough food/calories on the weekend and drinking enough water. I am usually so busy with some little league/girl scout/cub scout/school project that I forget or push eating to the side and next thing I know it's dinner. This is why my scale doens't typically move between Friday and Tuesday.

And I am positive that my 4 pound drop last week as all fat because the scale as not moved since. Usually if it's water, the scale will go up and down before it settles on a number. Oh yeah, there's another goal, to eat dinner before 9 o'clock.

So, the book Good Calories, Bad Calories are "in-transit" to my local library. It should be there in 2 days. YEAH! I probably should have just bought the book but I decided to wait it out. Right now I am reading "Coronary Heart Disease, The Dietary Sense and Nonsense" by George Mann. Let's just say that I always knew that the source of funding for research could and does have an impact on the outcome but for scientist to ignore results and even disagree with finding because they would lose their funding is just disturbing. This is only after reading the first chapter. I can't wait to see what else there is.

That's my heavy reading. My light reading is "Just a Hint Clint" by Lori Foster and "Hello, Georgeous" by MaryJanice Davidson. Does anyone else have a good book to suggest?

Have an awesome day everyone.

Last edited by sylvia78; 03-31-2008 at 12:47 PM.
sylvia78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2008, 03:04 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 124kg(272)/94kg(209)/70kg(154

Height: 5'5"

Hi all,
My plan....

Exercise - 5 days a week (3 ST plus cardio)
Food- OWL (40 or less net carbs...I've been running about 25/day)
work-I HAVE to get a wedding album finished for my niece.

Oh, and it's time to measure and take a photo. I'd like to post my photos on my blog this month - I'll have a run of 3 over several months - so that should be interesting.

Hoping my GCBC book arrives this week! I'm ready to dive into some new information.
KrisR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2008, 07:36 AM   #8  
Larry's Angel

Good Morning Girls!

I am lovin' this new forum!! Its so nice being able to chat without all that drama. I've been coming here for a long time and I can honestly say, I've never seen anything like what has been on going around here for the past few months. So again....thank you Suzanne, Leenie & Ruth for our forum!

Well...another rainy day here! Welcome to Spring in the northeast!! I'm gonna get outside to walk...it might not be till July...but...I'm gonna do it!

I'm off to make breakfast & lunch and get ready for work. Have a great low carb day!
Old 04-01-2008, 08:01 AM   #9  
Low Carb Lolita

S/C/G: 185/see ticker/135

Height: 5'7"

Hey, JG I had completely missed that thread until something was said in the main chat several days after the forum split. It was pretty shocking! I certainly don't mind having a separate Atkins forum... when Atkins-practitioners want Atkins-specific advice, they don't need to be told that their way of eating is too restrictive or it's detrimental to their bodies. If we read DANDR, we know what Dr. A says about all of the prejudicial "detriments" to eating the Atkins way. If we're going by the book, we're fine.

I'm the first one to say that finding a diet that's right for you, that you can stick to for life, is important. But I'm not going to go into the WW forums or the Calorie Counter forums or the LA Weight Loss forums and tell them that their low-calorie, high-carb diets are detriments to their health. If it's working for them, then who am I to tell them they're doing it all wrong?

Sorry, I feel like I'm getting off-topic. That said, I'm glad to have a place to talk Atkins. I'm still checking on that general LC chat thread, though...'cause I do love my girls over there, too--even if they're not specifically on Atkins.
Azure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2008, 09:58 AM   #10  
Larry's Angel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azure View Post
when Atkins-practitioners want Atkins-specific advice, they don't need to be told that their way of eating is too restrictive or it's detrimental to their bodies. If we read DANDR, we know what Dr. A says about all of the prejudicial "detriments" to eating the Atkins way. If we're going by the book, we're fine.
I couldn't agree more and this is basically exactly what things had turned into here. You've been here a long time and you know I've certainly never hidden the fact that I do Atkins by the book. Despite what others may think, I am not an Atkins expert nor do I have a phd in Atkins. I am here to tell of my personal experience with the Atkins way of life. If I wanted to learn about WW, SB, LA Weight Loss or Bodybuilding...I'd go to those forums. When people come to me & ask me specific questions regarding Atkins, I try to respond with accurate information. And I certainly agree with you, a diet that's right for you, that you can stick to for life, is important...BUT please don't say "I'm doing Atkins" when in reality,if your not doing it the way it was written, you've adjusted Atkins to meet your own needs. This is modified Atkins.

I personally feel the separate forums should put an end to the disrespect. If a person chooses Atkins...great! If they choose another plan...equally great! For me, Atkins works and I'm always happy to give the best information regarding the plan to anyone who asks!

Last edited by JerseyGyrl; 04-01-2008 at 10:00 AM.
Old 04-01-2008, 03:01 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 203/157/125

Height: 5'4"

JerseyGyrl, put on your rubber boots and rain coat and get out there and walk. Be like the postal service, "Neither rain, nor snow, nor sleet or hail will keep up from our duties." Or something like that. I have a friend in Chicago who is in a running club. They run every day next to Lake Shore Drive. Even in the dead of winter, during snow storms or rain, as long as the temperature at least 20, they run.

Azure, good luck with the job applications. Don't forget about looking at temp agencies. They do temp-to-perm a lot and may be able to help you.

KrisR, I didn't know you had a blog. I'm going to check it out today.

I think I got about 10 cups of water yesterday and my eating was off. I had two parent-teacher-report-card conferences yesterday after my workout and I didn't get to eat until 4:30. I was starved.

I am glad to have a place to talk about Atkins and encourage others who are doing Atkins, or any other plan for that matter, to share my experiences with certain foods. I will also keep up with the main Carb Counter forum though.

Have a great day everyone!
sylvia78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2008, 05:02 PM   #12  
Larry's Angel

Quote:
Originally Posted by sylvia78 View Post
JerseyGyrl, put on your rubber boots and rain coat and get out there and walk.
This is when my in home walking dvd's come in very handy!
Old 04-01-2008, 05:18 PM   #13  
aud
lc lifestyle

S/C/G: 254/234/139

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azure View Post
. . . Sorry, I feel like I'm getting off-topic. That said, I'm glad to have a place to talk Atkins. I'm still checking on that general LC chat thread, though...'cause I do love my girls over there, too--even if they're not specifically on Atkins.
OT for me too azzie - but just will comment that I'll be checking in too, as time & comfort permits . . . LC Chat has been my 1st & last stop for me for every visit to 3fc since joining up & just love the cyber friendships & support - regardless of what plan - or like me at times: Plan-LESS!
aud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2008, 05:37 PM   #14  
aud
lc lifestyle

S/C/G: 254/234/139

Height: 5'6"

Hmmmm, A PLAN . . . what a NOVEL idea!

Not doing well with having unstructured time . . . still laid off 'cause of Parts Strike . . . but AM enjoying the Quality Time . . . need for that QT to equal out to taking better care of myself & not falling into my age old "bad habits."

Think that sums up The Plan . . . do the things I know to do - lead the life that makes me feel the best!

Hey & Hiya Sherry! Long time no "see!" I'm at Induction level too . . . made great strides sincer seeing you last and also have regressed . . . I DO feel like I am in much better shape from all the exercise tho!

It was 72 degrees here yesterday - 50 today. STILL gonna grab doggie & head out sylvia - I've often Posted about how I like to get out in all kinds of weather - but lately haven't been taking my own advice! Can't walk indoors here @ home like you jg - beyond JEALOUS!

WELCOME onelifetolive! I'll be shootingfor 6 days of exercise this week too - Already blew yesterday off.

Where's your blog kris? I'll be heading to puncies link (I saw the link - Tx GF! On my visit to Big Sis - I'm happy to report that she's joined the "Name Your Slippers Insanity" hers are now "Mike & Ike!") when dd10Tess & I get back from the Y later.

aud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2008, 05:39 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 165/141/135

Height: 5'2"

I need to get back on track this week. It's spring break so I've been kinda lazy- i want to get to the gym hopefully tomorrow and thurs. I've been taking small bouts (30 min each) to clean the house. This weekend I went completely off track- eating cake and bread and potatoes. THe funny thing is, Sunday I went back to induction and I noticed this morning that I've lost 3lbs!!!! I've read in my curves book about reprogramming your metabolism to restart the weight loss, apparently it works. My April goal is to get down to 140, about 5-6 lbs from where I was yesterday. I'm almost there already. yay
slvrlining8 is offline   Reply With Quote