Old 04-01-2008, 04:37 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 267.2/254/150

Height: 5'6

Red face Update

Well today I hopped on the scale to see myself at 261. That means this week I lost 6 lbs!?!?!? So happy. On other terms I am afraid I weight myself to much hahah. Anyone have pros and cons to scale addiction. Also one question. I am not much of a walker. I usually do cardio and strength training or some kind of ab workout a day. DO you think that can take care of the lack of walking. I am however on my feet for 6 hours a day at starbucks lol!
ThatsSpify is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2008, 04:46 PM   #2  
The Radiant One

S/C/G: 250/142/135

Height: 5'2"

Congrats on the loss! Try weighing yourself once per week. The scale will fluctuate daily, so unless you can handle that, it's best to stay off the scale every day.

Walking is cardio - so if you are already doing another form of cardio - you don't need to add walking. Not that it would hurt, though.
fiberlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2008, 04:47 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 257/219/145

Congrats on 6 lbs....that is awesome! As for walking, that is just one form of cardio. If you are doing other things for exercise there is no reason you have to be a walker. If you don't enjoy it, then you are right to find other things to do. There is no rule that you have to walk to lose weight, it's just what a lot of people choose because it requires no equipment and is a simple thing to get into, or a number of other reasons. I rarely walk myself, but I do lots of other things for exercise.

Scale addiction...I have it as well and it motivates me. For others it is more of a problem and they try to avoid it, but it's a tool for me. As long as it is not hurting your mindset in any way you will be okay...just know that some weeks you will have a little gain or lose nothing, and if that messes with your head then you might need to cut it back.
Purplefirefly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2008, 08:45 AM   #4  

S/C/G: high285/resrart276/ticker/140

Height: 5'3"

Way to go!!!
findingfawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2008, 08:48 AM   #5  

S/C/G: high285/resrart276/ticker/140

Height: 5'3"

Oh yeah... I have scale addiction.. it keeps me grounded. If I step on the scale every morning it makes me remember what my goal is for that day.. to stay on plan! I have tried in the past to just look at the scale and not hop on, and it's not the same for me. Just as long as you don't let that scales daily number control who you are, then you are fine. I don't think too much into it when I get on every day.. just know that I want to see it go down.
findingfawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2008, 10:10 AM   #6  

Congrats!!!! That is so awesome! Keep up the good work.
WinterStarzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2008, 11:39 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 278/see ticker/150

Height: 5'4

Starbucks! I think it would be so fun to work in a coffee place like that. But knowing me I"d overdose on all the yummy caffine goodness in that place.

Good job on the 6lb weight loss!!
Smiling_Sara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2008, 11:53 AM   #8  
Wish It~Dream It~Do It

S/C/G: 230/144.2/146

Height: 5ft3

way to go on the 6pound loss!
BlzMaxGnrCCJkMly is offline   Reply With Quote