Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 03-31-2008, 11:53 AM   #1  
From squishy to buff.....

S/C/G: 325/145/165

Height: 5'9"

Default Back again.....sigh

Hi there. I haven't been here in a while and I am sort of slinking back sheepishly. I have been stagnant for the last 3 months, so I guess that's a good thing. At least I haven't gained. One of the things that is so hard for me is that I have so much to lose and it seems impossible. But this time, I am trying to take it smaller chunks and not look at the bigger picture and get discouraged. So my ticker is set for a 10% goal instead of the final goal to help in that area.
I have been seriously considering weight loss surgery, but I wanted to give the dieting thing one last effort before I take that next step. I am following WW flex plan but attempting to eat as healthy as possible, using as many Superfoods as I can. My goal is to get healthy, not just lose weight, so I really don't have room in my diet for low point junk food.
Just wanted to let you all know that I am back and definitely needing the support.
trying2Bbuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2008, 12:03 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 187.4/147.4/129

Height: 5'2"

Welcome home I feel for you, I've re-started numerous times. Unlike you, however, I always gain when I disappear.. so kudos to you for maintaining- that's not such a bad thing.

And I most definitely think it's important to make small goals (I have a few in my siggy).. seeing those numbers go down is rewarding.. and doesn't make the "long road" seem as bad.

You can do it!!!
Erika79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2008, 12:14 PM   #3  
Let's salsa!

S/C/G: 208/160/158 for now

Hi Trying2Bbuff,

the goal in my ticker is not the final goal either. I don't know how much I should lose, I have been overweight for a long time so I don't know what would be a good number considering my age, etc. I will re-evaluate it once I reach my temporary goal.
It's great that you did not gain weight - that in itself is an achievement!

Last edited by Tomato; 03-31-2008 at 01:15 PM. Reason: to fix a silly typo
Tomato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2008, 12:19 PM   #4  
Tiff

S/C/G: 322/ticker/175

Height: 5' 7"

hi!

i never really try to think about how much total i have to lose, i just take it one day at a time. just for today i will try to eat healthy and exercise. i know i can do this day by day.

and when i do fall of track, it is just for the moment, i don't dwell, and i don't beat myself up, i just dust myself off and say for the rest of the day i can do this........this is working for me i know this is for the rest of my life, but i cant wrap my mind around forever, just for the day

goodluck to you!
pipernoswiper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2008, 12:23 PM   #5  

I'm doing WW flex too -- it seems to help to know I "can" have anything I want but to stop and think "do I want to waste 10 points on ......". I have to say my meetings and this website keep me going. Welcome back, you actually did great by staying the same. Good luck!!!
shelby897 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2008, 12:34 PM   #6  
All power is from within

S/C/G: 192/190/160

Height: 5'6

Good job on maintaining for 3 whole months! What a long time! Keep your head held high. We are all here for you and will be cheering you on. The other ladies are right, we can only take it one day at a time. I had a pizza blowout yesterday, and I took the day of from exercise. Today, the alarm didn't go off this morning, so I'll have to do a workout when I get home from work. Small goals unltimately lead us to where we want to be. Stick to it and come June you will be saying the same thing!

-K
onelife2live is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2008, 01:05 PM   #7  
Moderating Mama

S/C/G: 295/200/175

Height: 5' 8"

Trying2Be - wow. You've come so far! You're aiming for HEALTH, not just skinny. You're really dedicated, and you're ready to put in the effort this time. You have a plan you know can work. You're recognizing pitfalls from the past, like having too big of a number to work toward, and coming up with ways to prevent them from affecting you this time.

So now - just truck it. Move ahead, keep motoring onward...and you'll get there.
mandalinn82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2008, 01:07 PM   #8  
never say never

S/C/G: 215/ticker/165

Height: 5'6

hiya. i didn't put a "final goal" ticker either...it was just too overwhelming for me. in fact, my half way goal ticker is wrong because i probably do need to lose more than i originally decided. but, first thing's first, right?

you can do this. glad you're back.
polkadotfever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2008, 04:10 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 260.7/153/130

Height: Almost 5 foot 6

welcome back welcome back!

You know what's great about this place? We all (myself included - most recent return after second 'disappearing act') hit stumbling blocks, some of us gain, some of us maintain, some of us just take time out from the whole thing... but so many of us keep coming back; and there's no reason to be embarassed and/or ashamed by it as everyone is just here to be as supportive as possible. I'm learning (albeit slowly) that when I'm having probs not to stay away from 3fc and pretend everythings fine, but to visit regularly. I don't post all that often but just reading posts helps.

Good job on the not gaining!
denialisnthappiness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2008, 04:31 PM   #10  
From squishy to buff.....

S/C/G: 325/145/165

Thanks so much you guys!! I really needed to hear all of that today. What a blessing to come here and have such encouragement available.

trying2Bbuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2008, 04:38 PM   #11  
No description available.

Hey Buff,
Glad to see you! I think you have a great plan! One day, one decision at a time. Baby steps. Grab our hands and let's go together!
midwife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2008, 04:55 PM   #12  
Wastin' Away Again!

S/C/G: 192/170/130

Height: 5'3" 50 years old

I feel ya!!! Just know that as long as you come here, you are not alone! We all struggle! It's hard... but we keep trying... because THE END RESULTS ARE WORTH IT.

NEVER GIVE UP!
Beach Patrol is offline   Reply With Quote