Old 03-28-2008, 02:30 AM   #1  
Nutrisystem

S/C/G: 191/191/140

Height: 5'5 1/2"

Question Question on Vegetables

I am just starting WW and coming off Medifast to loose the rest of my weight.
I am having trouble on the WW site and need some help from all you nice folks.

Question: Do you have to weigh your 0 veges? Can you have as much as you want. Please help this newbie I will have more questions later.

Thanks Melanie in Colorado
Melsie52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2008, 08:24 AM   #2  

Height: 5'7"

Nope, all veggies are free! Eat as many as you want. (The exception being, of course, starchy veg like potatoes, corn, and peas.) There's a cushion built into the program to allow you nearly as much 0-point veg as one person can humanly consume in a day.

Let us know if you have any other questions, that WW website can be tricky
suitejudyblueeyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2008, 01:25 PM   #3  
Made of Starstuff

Suite's right! We would have to consume SOOOOOO much veggies for them to start "adding up". We'd probably make ourselves sick before being able to do that, so that's why most veggies are 0 points! (Like Suite also mentioned, starchy ones aren't 0... if you're ever unsure, check your books, search the website, or just ask here! )
Lovely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2008, 10:04 PM   #4  
Always FatGirlVSFitGirl

S/C/G: 206/180/155

Height: 5'3 1/2"

A good way to learn is to keep looking up everything, after a while you won't have to you'll have it burned into your brain that green beans are free and green peas are a point

And listen to what Faerie and Suite tell you, they're fantastic!!

kelijpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2008, 10:08 PM   #5  
Finding My Bliss

S/C/G: Fit & Fat!

Height: Tall & Strong, Baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faerie View Post
Suite's right! We would have to consume SOOOOOO much veggies for them to start "adding up". We'd probably make ourselves sick before being able to do that, so that's why most veggies are 0 points! (Like Suite also mentioned, starchy ones aren't 0... if you're ever unsure, check your books, search the website, or just ask here! )
See, this is why I question whether WW would be a working plan for me. I can eat more vegetables than anyone I know and they DO add up for me!
SoulBliss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2008, 11:26 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 210/190/160

Height: 5'8"

I'm new to WW as well and still trying to figure this all out. But all that have posted above me are correct. I'm a vegetarian, so I've sucked in all the info I could about all kinds of veggies lol.
earthgrl3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2008, 03:20 AM   #7  
keep on truckin'

S/C/G: 253/249/190

Height: 6'1

I'm a vegetarian too so most of my meals consist of mainly vegetables...I couldn't think of how hard it must be to be on weight watchers and eat meat...since meat is so much higher in points!
vdaybaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2008, 11:28 AM   #8  

And so much more satisfying than veggies. Love my meat and don't have a problem with getting it in 18 points a day. I probably have 12-15 servings of veggies as well.
QuilterInVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2008, 11:41 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 337/ticker/320

Height: 5'7

Quilter
Wow Awesome Weight Loss How long did it take you to get to your present weight?
Institches21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2008, 11:42 AM   #10  

Quilter
Wow Awesome Weight Loss How long did it take you to get to your present weight?

Old 03-31-2008, 11:43 AM   #11  

Sorry for the hiccup-Have a great day everyone

Old 03-31-2008, 02:33 PM   #12  
keep on truckin'

S/C/G: 253/249/190

Height: 6'1

Yes I didn't mean that meat was bad or anything...I have just noticed a lot of people saying they can't eat as much meat now that they are on WW's
vdaybaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2008, 02:48 PM   #13  

S/C/G: SW:394/310/180

Height: 5'6"

The biggest misconception about WW point system is that point alottments are written in stone. The points assigned are a starting point, but some people will have to adjust, either because they are losing too fast or too slow. If you are eating so many vegetables that your weight loss stalls, you would need to change your strategy - either counting the points in the vegetables over and above a certain number of servings, or lowering your overall point alottment. If it's working for you, don't mess with success. If it's not working, tweak. That's true for any diet program though, not just WW.
kaplods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2008, 08:56 PM   #14  
Always FatGirlVSFitGirl

S/C/G: 206/180/155

Height: 5'3 1/2"

I eat leaner cuts of meat now, and the highest lean percentage ground beef I can find in whatever store I'm in.

SoulBliss, If you're eating a mix of canned, fresh and/or frozen maybe the sodium in canned vegs is getting to you, or possibly if you're putting sauces and such on your vegs.

One thing to consider is that we are trying to get away from an unhealthy lifestyle, which includes eating until we're so full we're uncomfortable. We're trying to get in tune with our bodies and eat enough to feel satisfied, that includes veggies. If we're eating bulk quantities of veggies to feel extra full that's not such a good thing, is it? Part of Core (I know we're Flexers here ) is to monitor how hungry you are and identify when you're getting in a danger zone, too hungry and you might binge, too full and you're probably eating too much at one time.

Best of luck to all
kelijpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2008, 12:37 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 210/190/160

Height: 5'8"

Kellijpa, you made a comment about eating too many veggies to fill up. I myself have been a vegetarian for 15 years, so eating tons of fruits and veggies isn't anything new to me, my body is used to it. But a friend of mine from work started WW about 2 months ago and she has been having major issues with her bowels ie: feeling bloated, lots of gas, etc. I know this is kind of gross to some, but we're both nurses so not much goes unsaid between us And of course, being that she IS a nurse, she's thinking the worst of these ailments instead of just realizing that her bodies adjusting to all the roughage she's eating now. She's going to do to her doctor just in case, always a good idea. Finally, my point is this: if your not used to eating certain foods, your body may do some weird things to get used to it. Mine would do the same thing if I tried to introduce meat (which will never happen). Now that I've taken this post in a totally new direction, I'll be quiet.
earthgrl3 is offline   Reply With Quote