Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 03-30-2008, 12:27 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 187.4/147.4/129

Height: 5'2"

Thumbs up "Oldie Returning.."

I cross-posted this, also posted in the 20's forum.. I thought this would be a good place to post, too

I need a
I've posted here numerous times... I posted quite a bit back in October/November (last year) when I had managed to lose 13 pounds. As soon as I fell off the wagon, I stopped posting here... as usual.

To recap, as I'm sure no one remembers me at all.. I'm Erika! I'm 28 years old, I have a wonderful husband, and a fantastic daughter (24 months old, Alexis).

I'm re-starting at 197.8 pounds. The same weight I always seem to "re-start" at. I got down to 183 and change last time I lost weight. That's when I fell. Ugh! I have done this before, and know how to do it. Back in 2003 I lost 90+ pounds (from 215 to 124 pounds), and then regained some of it after I met my husband (and went through a stressful immigration), then I got pregnant, etc.

I've attempted to lose my weight 100 times since I had my daughter.. but I HAVE TO DO THIS! I'm turning 29 years old in August! (yikes!) and I want to start off my 30's next year with a BANG! Husband and I are taking a cruise next year, too, and I want to be healthy.. and I want to LOOK good. I HAVE to wear shorts and a bathing suit in Bermuda, you know?

I GOTTA do it this time.. I have to. Like I said, I know what to do.. and how to do it. I just have to keep up with the motivation this time.

I actually started last week (at 197.8) and will weigh in tomorrow and see how I did. I'm very motivated, with a nice cruise in my head.. I'm way overly excited about the trip. BIG TIME! Now I just need to do this and stick with it- for the last time.

Hope I'm welcome, looking forward to being back!
Erika79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2008, 01:02 PM   #2  
fat chick FKA Velveteen

Height: 5'5½

HI Erika
Of course you are always welcome here. Just like you I have been "re-starting" at the same weight over and over again. I'm going to be 40 soon. I didn't want to have to be "re-starting" only 6 months before my birthday, but here I am, AGAIN.

You can do this!!
PinkyPie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2008, 01:14 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 202/ticker/135

Height: 5'2"

Go for it, Erika. My goal at this point is to learn to maintain, but I have to tell you I have lost mega-weight for a cruise. I even managed to keep the weight off during the cruise, but as usual, I gained it all back after a period of time. I wish I had had some information about maintenance when I was your age. I might have not had to be on so many diets.
gailr42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2008, 07:36 PM   #4  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

S/C/G: Lost 50 lbs, regained some

Height: 5'3"

Hey Erika!

Have you considered a program like Weight Watchers? Some people do better when they have a group and regular meetings to help them stay on track.

Good luck to you no matter what program you follow!

Jay
JayEll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2008, 08:04 PM   #5  
Moderating Mama

S/C/G: 295/200/175

Height: 5' 8"

Welcome Back, Erika!

When you decide which program you're going to follow, look around - we have spots for it here.

You might also want to visit the 20-somethings forum to talk with people in your age group facing the same struggles.

Wherever you post, stick around! You can break through your sticking point this time!
mandalinn82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2008, 08:29 AM   #6  
Crazy runner

S/C/G: 213/131/maintaining

Height: 5'4.5"

Hi Erika, welcome back!

I'm re-starting again, too... a year after I officially started! I was the same way.. lost about 15 lbs and then went through some stressful stuff.. before I knew it, I'd gained back everything I lost. Frustrating! But think of it this way... along the way, you've learned what works, and what doesn't. For me, it's exercise... I just can't get by with not exercising. Bummer! I hate exercise.

Remember, it only takes one last time to "re-start" to lose the weight for good...
Fat Pants is offline   Reply With Quote