Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Closed Thread

Old 05-31-2002, 10:38 AM   #1  
Earth Shattering Kaboom!

Thumbs down Everyday Exercisers ~ Almost Summer!

Whew! Our thread was getting so long there, I thought that I'd start a new one!

Still plugging along here! Went to the city last night, and boy, did that ever exhaust me! Yikes! We're supposed to go in again on Monday to have my first ultrasound and then DH wants to go see the Star Wars movie, and we should go pick up the rest of the lighting that we need for the new house, and so on, and so on! Yikes! I better get a good nights sleep on Sunday night! Luckily, DH will drive, and then I can sleep on the way there and back!

Anyway, no real big plans this weekend... going out to the farm to see my baby kitties, and plant our potatoes.. but otherwise, not much! Except sleep! Hope you have a great one!
Old 06-03-2002, 11:54 AM   #2  
Earth Shattering Kaboom!

Whew! Monday again! And today's the big day! Seems like this morning is taking forever to go by! Anyway, about 5.5 hours to go, and I'm crossing my fingers that we get a good look at a very healthy baby!

I'm still dealing with some sickness though... I've learned just to give in to the urge to throw up, since it's the only thing that makes me feel better... oh well. Hopefully, it'll pass, along with this first trimester!

I've almost positively decided to get back to Curves this week too. I think I'll go tomorrow after work, and then on Thursday. We'll see how it goes!

Hope all is well with you guys!
Old 06-03-2002, 03:18 PM   #3  

How did the ultrasound go?? I go to the midwife next week and maybe I'll get an u/s too since I think I'm measuring big. Hope you start feeling better soon. I am just too too tired and I am having trouble falling/staying asleep. I am also hungry all the time! Oh well... Have a great day.
In Christ,
Pamela
Old 06-04-2002, 11:54 AM   #4  
Earth Shattering Kaboom!

Oh, it was wonderful! The babe is measuring at 11.5 weeks (we're actually at 11 weeks) with a heartrate of 154 bpm, which the tech said is normal. So all is perfect... *sigh of relief*

Here's hoping that you get an u/s too! It's so awesome to see that little baby squiggling around in there! I can't wait for my 18-20 week u/s to roll around!

I'm still having the sickness though... threw up 3 times yesterday, which is the worst that it's been. Hopefully it eases up soon. I only have a couple weeks left in the first tri!

Still thinking about going to Curves after work today. I'm gonna wait and see how I'm feeling then, and act accordingly. I'm still VERY tired, and hungry, and nauseous... bleh!
Old 06-07-2002, 03:23 PM   #5  

Ugh about the throwing up! Hopefully it will ease up when your 12 weeks. I'm not really nauseous anymore. My depth perception is gone though (got too close to those orange/white barrels on the side of the road, knocked off the passenger side mirror!) and last night I was up the whole night just dizzy. They think it's just congestion in my ears. Could have gone in today, but didn't really have to and there's not really anything they can do. I'm not dizzy today just feeling out of it from the not sleeping.
I had 3 u/s with Emmett, 1 at 7 weeks cause we thought I was mc, then 1 at 21 weeks when we found out what he was, and 1 at 42 weeks to make sure he was 'cooked'. Hehe. I'll probably get one about 20 weeks, I'll ask on Tuesday. Soooooooo, that's about all! Hope you're doing well!
In Christ,
Pamela
Old 06-11-2002, 10:33 AM   #6  
Earth Shattering Kaboom!

Okay, I'm 12 weeks now (and one day! ) so when does the "magic" happen? Still not feeling great, but I guess I'll take it day by day, and see how it goes.. what else can I do?

I am going to get moving though... I haven't made it into Curves, but I am going to try out my pregnancy yoga tape tonight... I promise! I'll have to get it done as soon as I get home though, otherwise, I'll just end up vegging on the couch, and then I won't get back up until it's time to go to bed!

Hope you have a great dr's appt! Talk to you soon!
Old 06-11-2002, 10:35 AM   #7  
Earth Shattering Kaboom!

Oh, and I totally forgot! When I got weighed at my appt on Wednesday, I found out that I have lost 2 pounds! And I was scared that I had gained some obnoxious amount! Hopefully, I can keep up with a small increase, and stay under that scary 200 mark!
Old 06-13-2002, 08:18 AM   #8  

Yeah, the m/s stops at different points. We keep getting stomach bugs here, blech. I've gained about 7 pounds, eep! I'm trying to avoid the 200 pound mark. I hit 210 with Emmett and then was 186 after he was born then 194!! I'd like to only gain about 30 pounds this time. We'll see. Gotta keep moving.
Hope you feel better soon!
In Christ,
Pamela
Old 06-13-2002, 09:41 AM   #9  
Earth Shattering Kaboom!

Oh gosh! I am such a slug! Still haven't got anything even remotely like exercise done! Seems like by the time I get home, the last thing that I want to do is move off the couch! Ah, where oh where is that infamous second tri energy?

Still not eating too bad though, and though I'm noticing that my clothes are starting to not fit, I don't think that I'm doing badly... I just want to get back into doing something! I'll try again tonight... if not my yoga tape, maybe just a walk...
Old 06-17-2002, 10:17 AM   #10  
Earth Shattering Kaboom!

Ugh! What a terrible weekend! I won't get into it, but trust me that my inlaws are not in my good books right now! Thank goodness the weekend is over!

And they are moving our house this week (thursday), so I won't have to be staying at their house on the weekend anymore! I'm so happy about that!

Otherwise, I am really feeling better, m/s-wise, and other than going to bed way too late last night, I'm feeling alright this morning. Hope all is well with you guys!
Old 06-19-2002, 07:26 PM   #11  

Default Hi Marvin & Pamela

Hi - remeber me? I haven't been on this site in a long long time. Work has been so hectic for so long and I'm just sort of coasting - trying to get in exercise several times a week and not gain any weight. Now that summer is here I can swim again in our pool and I get on the eliptical trainer but not as much as when we first got it.

Well, I just thought I'd check and see if I could find posts from anyone I used to post with and was glad to see posts from you two!

Congratulations Marvin on your pregnancy! I know you were very anxious to be a mom. Pamela, I gather you are expecting too? How far along are you? I am happy for both of you! My daughter is 12, so those days were long ago for me but still something I remember well.
Old 06-20-2002, 09:45 AM   #12  
Earth Shattering Kaboom!

Stamper! Of course I remember you! Welcome back! I'm glad to hear that you've been keeping up with the exercising, because even if you aren't in weight loss mode, I think that it's always great for your health to be active! I hope you stick around, even if all it is is saying hi! Missed ya!

Thanks for the congrats... we are due on December 23rd, and Pamela is about one week ahead of me... (the 17th, I think?) so it's been neat to compare our symptoms and stuff...

As for me, I did it! I finally did it! I did my prenatal yoga tape... all the way through! Yay for me! I keep meaning to, and then life (ie the couch!) gets in the way! But, not last night! I made the decision that I was going to do my tape as soon as I got home, so I changed, grabbed some juice and got moving... I felt fabulous afterwards! So, this has motivated me! I'm going back to Curves next week for sure! I plan to go M-W-F again, and try to either do the yoga tape or something else on the alternate days, with weekends reserved for walking and relaxing. Sounds do-able...

Oh, and our house isn't moving until Tuesday now either, because the power company couldn't get their ducks in a row for today... I was really disappointed when I found out, but I've come to accept it... the really bad part is that it's taken away alot of my excitement about the house... I think that it'll get exciting again, once they've actually moved it, and we can get going on making it inhabitable... but still... *sigh*

Okay, I've written a novel, but I had a lot to say! I'll BBL!
Old 06-20-2002, 06:52 PM   #13  

Marvin, that's great that you and Pamela have due dates so close so you have a lot to talk about. One of my best friends and I had our daughter's 12 days apart and that was neat.

That's terrific that you did your prenatal yoga tape. When I was expecting my main exercise was swimming at a health club. I had swam 3 or 4 times a week for years before that and usually swam a mile each time and I kept it up through my pregnancy - usually only about 1/2 mile though. And I went to Motherwell fitness classes run by the hospital. It was like some modified calistenics (hope I spelled that right), kegels (do your kegels - it really helps!), and we did some light aerobic dancing. Anyway, I had an easy delivery and no episiotomy and I think this helped.

Well, today I took off the day and took my daughter and mom to Jubiliee Day in our town. It's a big street fair. I bought some crafty things and we got a healthy turkey sandwich for lunch. No mayo. We walked quite a bit so that was some exercise. Then we spent the afternoon by the pool. I swam and did water aerobics for an hour.

Marvin, sounds like you have a good exercise plan. Hope things come along okay with your house!
Old 06-21-2002, 11:58 AM   #14  
Earth Shattering Kaboom!

Sounds like you had a fabulous day Stamper! And good for you on the no-mayo sandwich! That's been a problem so far with me, as I am trying to eat what I want, and not focus so much on how fatty/caloric it is... at my last dr's appt I was actually down 2 lbs... but I have a feeling that is changing, as we speak! My wedding rings have started getting tighter again, and so I know that I need to get moving so that I don't turn into a whale!

As for myself, no exercise last night, but I got to go out for supper with DH, and that was nice... to actually spend a little time alone with him. That's been the worst part about not having our own house, is that we have had little time together, with just us. Thankfully, the house will be done soon, and we should be able to get away for a week sometime camping. *crossing fingers*

Today, after work, I have to meet a business contact, and then I want to get over to Curves get off my "medical hold". Then I should be back on Monday to check in and hopefully give you an account of how my first workout back at Curves went! Have a great weekend!
Old 06-22-2002, 01:44 PM   #15  

Stamper!! Yay! Hi. I'm due around the 13ish. Still trying to weigh myself towards the end of the week and making sure I'm just taking good care of myself. I've gained about 7 pounds at 15 weeks, so if I keep going at a pound a week (which I hope not quite that much), I'll be just right. I gained soooooo much with Emmett and that's why I ended up having to lose so much later and it was such hard work.
I love mayo right now, LOL. Can't eat much meat (chicken esp!) but that's probably a good thing. I get my ultrasound right after we get back from vacation (we leave on the 30th!!!!!). I'm excited. I've been trying to walk a lot lately. It's been raining sooooo much, it's crazy.
Have a great day!
Marvin, so glad to hear you're feeling better and great job on the yoga tape!
In Christ,
Pamela
Closed Thread