South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Old 03-27-2008, 03:45 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 248/?/150

Height: 5'4"

Default S.B. success....so far!

I'm just so excited...so had to share this somewhere. For so long I've not had good weight loss success due to being insulin resistant. Oh..I'd lose a lb or 2 then would yo-yo a bit, then lose a lb or 2 and it might go like this until after a very long time (months and months) I might lose 15 to 20-ish lbs or so then plateau. Until I found South Beach!! I began 3 weeks ago tomorrow with Phase 1 and have been on Phase 2 for a week!! I weighed in at my gym today and so far I've lost 8 1/2lbs!!!! I had signed up at the gym with their "lo-fat" diet plan that enables me to have an accountibility coach and personal trainer. I wasn't having alot of success with that plan and knew I needed to do something otherwise my "insulin resistance" would soon be full-fledged type 2 diabetes! So after some research I found this site!! I'm now on 2 different support sites which has been very beneficial to me!!
Oh...and today my coach (who knows I'm no longer doing the lo-fat thing) really got excited and told me that she needs to figure out how to share with other people who she now suspects also might be insulin resistant!! She has shared my "pain" these past months and knows my difficulties! Yea!!!! I'm so happy that I may have found a food plan that will work in my life-style and bring me to better health!!
frustratedieter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2008, 03:50 PM   #2  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

That's just wonderful news and you are so wise to tackle this problem now before it gets out of hand. Maybe I should change your name to nolongerfrustrateddieter?
Ruthxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2008, 03:57 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 261/252/145

Height: 5'4"

That's wonderful news! I'm so happy for your success, and to be able to help others in the same situation through your coach is fabulous.
Schmoodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2008, 04:02 PM   #4  
I can do this!

Height: 5'11"

:congrats:

I hear you, FD! I've been there too and it was such a thrill to see the pounds fall off with SBD!
beachgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2008, 04:06 PM   #5  
HAPPY HEALTHY ME

S/C/G: 215.4/-/165

Height: 5'2"

Way to go! Keep up the great work. Much success to ya!
GONNABE165 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2008, 08:33 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 150/140/125

Height: 5'4''

Congratulations...that is awesome!!!
mary83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2008, 11:49 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 168/168/135

Height: 5ft. 2in

Default Hunger

Hi everyone! I am new here and I have been looking at the forums but not really saying anything. I am on day 4 of Phase I and so far I LOVE this way of eating! I was a total carb hog and I just feel great now.

Problem I am having tho....I am not hungry! I mean, its a good thing, but I have not have enough calories today...only like 600.

Has anyone experienced this?
Pigpen1624 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2008, 10:31 AM   #8  
Beach Bum

Height: 5' 7"

Some days I am not hungry. I try to pick a couple higher calorie items on those days. Like peanut butter. That gets my calories up quickly without having to eat too much volume. If phase 1, I put it on celery, if phase 2 I put it on apple slices. Pieces of cheese can also up your calories quickly. A handful of nuts. Calories shouldn't fall too low as that will slow your metabolism and you don't want that to happen.
SkinnyDogMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2008, 10:33 AM   #9  
ONEderland here I come!

S/C/G: 286/210/200 (next goal)

Height: 5'2.75"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pigpen1624 View Post
Hi everyone! I am new here and I have been looking at the forums but not really saying anything. I am on day 4 of Phase I and so far I LOVE this way of eating! I was a total carb hog and I just feel great now.

Problem I am having tho....I am not hungry! I mean, its a good thing, but I have not have enough calories today...only like 600.

Has anyone experienced this?

common side effect of phase 1.... are you getting enough beans and dairy??

it will pass as you enter phase 2....
ladybugnessa is offline   Reply With Quote