Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 03-27-2008, 02:38 AM   #1  
Angelina/Gerard is Love

S/C/G: 291.8/286.8/199

Height: 5'4 1/2

Default We are all BUTTERFLIES (Represent!)

So a few days ago, I'm taking my always-too-short break in one of the courtyards outside the hospital. It was really windy that day, thank god since Texas can get SO HOT! Anyway, I'm sitting there, daydreaming about the wind picking me up and dropping me in Scotland, when I noticed this butterfly flipping around. Now it was a pretty butterfly but it was a BIG one, and very exotic looking so I was kinda freaked cause it looked like one of those foreign butterflies that get under your skin (literally). So I sat there and watched it, just watched it. The wind was blowing so hard, it could have easily ripped the butterfly in half, and this butterfly was just flapping it's wings, flapping, flapping. The wind was tossing it all over the place, like it was clothes in a dryer (I'm surprised I didn't get whiplash! ), but it kept coming. This went on for like ten mins and I lost sight of it for like two seconds and it was back at it again! This butterfly was like 'screw you, wind, I'm going where I'm going!' The battle ensued then I looked down and realized I had over extended my break (gee, the horror!) so I went back inside. But that nature vs nature battle stuck in my mind and the first thing I thought of was....us. We are like that butterfly, ALL OF US! The wind is life and all the crap it throws at us and we just keep flapping our wings, determined to go forward cause we KNOW where we are going and we will get there dammit! Does anyone know what I'm saying? Or did my rambling just confuse the **** out of ya?
JasonsLea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2008, 02:57 AM   #2  
Tiff

S/C/G: 322/ticker/175

Height: 5' 7"

not confused at all. enjoyed your post!
pipernoswiper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2008, 05:52 AM   #3  
Made of Starstuff

So true. So very true. Thanks for posting
Lovely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2008, 07:35 AM   #4  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

S/C/G: Lost 50 lbs, regained some

Height: 5'3"

I love your story, and one of the amazing things to me about it is that the butterfly wasn't whining or complaining or thinking about things it would rather be doing--it was just doing what butteflies are supposed to do, no matter what.

Jay
JayEll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2008, 08:44 AM   #5  

Height: 5'7"

That was a beautiful little story! Thanks for posting it.

PS: Butterflies that can crawl under your skin? Hello, nightmares for a week!
suitejudyblueeyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2008, 09:11 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 225/221/120

Height: 5'4"

I loved your post! That is really inspiring looking at things differently.
scoobie74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2008, 12:14 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 200/190/165

Height: 5'9

Sometimes the wind blows harder then other times... sometimes we get sunny days with no wind and fly around with little effort. Other times the tornados come, personally I made it through a tornado for a few years, survived. It's through the hard times in life that we learn the most. If the wind didn't blow we wouldn't grow. Accept hardship as a pathway to peace.

And Scotland, oh how I want to go back there, one of my projects to do, is to enlarge pictures I took in Northern Scotland of a village I stayed in while bumming around Europe over a decade ago. I was young then, naive about life, and had no clue what storms would come. It's all ok. Yet I need a trip to find myself again without storms a blowing. Some gentle times of travel and adventure.
horsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2008, 01:14 PM   #8  
SeaWave

What a great experience! I'm copying it to my "inspirations" list (without the under-the-skin reference, if you don't mind!)
Old 03-27-2008, 09:10 PM   #9  
~Don't Postpone Joy~

S/C/G: 241.8/228/199.0

What a beautiful post... It nice to take the time to look around and actually 'see' the beautiful things in life, I am often going "too fast" to take anything in.... I do have to say though.. it sounds like that butterfly had a message just for you....... and now to all of us....
Sweetcaroline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2008, 06:10 AM   #10  
A Work In PROGRESS

S/C/G: 128/see ticker/116

Height: 5'3"

aww your story is very pretty, =] really appreiciate it xxx
FlabbyHarry is offline   Reply With Quote