Closed Thread

Old 03-26-2008, 02:45 PM   #1  
Chick

Height: 5'4"

Smile #197 Bale of Turtles in Boot Camp Fever!

We are the Turtle Group here at www.3fatchicks.com. We welcome you to join us as we work toward good health and fitness in a persistent manner. As our inspiration we use the race between the turtle and the hare where the turtle was the victor because he didn't give up. We believe in keepin' on even when the odds are against us. We believe in giving each other support. Good luck to us all!
Judy
Itryharder
(for Lin and Lauren)
Old 03-26-2008, 06:16 PM   #2  
Focus on the Process

S/C/G: 247/247/165

Height: 5' 8"

Okay..I only did 6 laps today. My legs were killing me. I need new shoes so bad and my feet hurt. Plus with my RA, I have to listen to my body and when it says "too much" its just that. I did walk a bit this afternoon and walked to the school to pick up the girls, so I got a little extra in anyhow. I haven't done much else. Logan was in a mood today. He wanted to be held constantly and cried alot. I don't think he is feeling well. So alas..no homework, no housework, barely squeezed in lunch.

Well I better go..Nicole is in melt down mode. YIKES!
Old 03-26-2008, 06:39 PM   #3  
Chick

Chrily,
for getting in 6 laps with everything else you've got on your plate. Weigh to go!

Hey Cherry Autumn, how are you?

Bandit, see any sun yet? By the way, would you mind telling me a little bit more about how to make the Jell-o with skim milk? I made it for a low cal treat for Easter, but I think I goofed.

Princess, how are you?
Liz and Bethz, how are you gals doing?
Take care, be well and think Boot Camp and pulling ourselves up by our bootstraps.
Judy
234.6/217/thinner into onederland
Old 03-27-2008, 08:17 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 223/192.6/160

Height: 5'7

Morning all and happy Thursday!... it is Thursday right?

Well my first trip to the chiropractor for actual treatment yesterday was interesting... I walked into the treatment room, which is a large open area with lots of treatment tables in it, and there was a man on a table and a doctor working on him... right when I walked in he grabbed the guys head and yanked on it, you could hear the bones crack clear across the room! The poor man on the table looked like a rag doll! I was like "Dude! Run! Run fast!" and "OMG, I must be in the wrong room, PLEASE let this be the wrong room!" as I was backing out of the room... unfortunately there was someone coming in the door behind me therefore blocking my quick exit. I was wrong, I was in the right room! But it was not as bad as it looked, the first adjustment was a bit painful and very loud! But I will go back for the rest of this week and then go three times a week next week... I figured it beats getting the needles in the spine or neck any day! LOL.

Chris: Great job on the walking, you are walking rings around me right now, I have not been to the gym again at all this week... just have not felt up to it but I need to get my butt in gear and go no matter what, even if it is just for a few minutes. I have my workout stuff with me today again so I hope to actually make it there this time

Judy: Thanks for opening the new thread, as always you keep up on track and moving along! Don't let the gain stress you out, easier said then done I know, but you are doing so well... we both just need to get our heads back in the right place I guess.

Liz, Beth, Cherry, and Bandit: How are you guys doing? Any good hints or tricks or recipes you want to share?

I have to run but will stop back again later on.
Princess

Last edited by Princess1122; 03-27-2008 at 08:18 AM.
Old 03-27-2008, 09:41 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 220/197/160

Height: 5'-3"

Morning, turtles

Judy - Too bad about your gain, we have all been there and can sympathize with you - here's to a better week!

Jello: 1 cup boiling water mixed with jello crystals, then add 1 cup skim milk (instead of cold water) stir & refrigerate. Hope you like this.

Chrily - congrats on your laps & you sound like you have your hands full with everything.

Princess - that experience must have frightened you thinking what you are in for but glad it was better than expected. As far as your exercise - just do what you can & hopefully you will feel better to get more in soon. Stressing over this can't be good. Take care

Well today is sunny so that is a nice change. My gf came for dinner last night & we used my George Foreman grill for the 1st time. We grilled a turkey sausage, a italian regular sausage & zuccini. Then made sweet potato fries in oven with yogurt/lime dipping sauce. Turned out good & we each had half of each sausage. Along with a glass of wine.

So, who do you think is going to win Biggest Loser?
Old 03-27-2008, 10:17 AM   #6  

well ladies i don't have a whole lot to say. One good thing i can say i the past two days i have done some situps and squats using an excercise ball and man does my stomach muscles hurt today so i guess that is a good sign. I am feeling to tired to write personals right now but i will try to get back on to do that. Thanks for asking about me ladies
Old 03-27-2008, 10:58 AM   #7  
Chick

Cherry Autumn,
I'm thrilled that you got in some exercise. Weigh to go! Don't worry about the personals. Our aim here is to chime in when we can without pressure!
Sure, we all love the personals, but I also love the tremendous action we're getting here on this site.

Bandit and Princess --thanks for the encouragement. It's awful to gain three pounds so quickly=-they didn't come off quickly. Ugh. Yesterday I had a great day and only a tiny movement down on the scale. WEll, I'm not getting discouraged (well, maybe a little) but I know what I have to do!
1.record everything
2.be careful what I eat
3.get in exercise
4.aim to get these three pounds off + two more by April 10th. I can do it!

Good luck to everyone.

Princess, I hope the chiropractor makes you feel better and I echo Bandit with the exercise. Don't try to do too much too soon because that'll not work out well.

Bandit, thanks for the Jello recipe. I'll try it. Your sausage dinner sounded really good. I can do something like that for dinner tonight. I've got the ingredients in the house. Thanks for the idea!

Good luck and be well and happy.
Judy
Old 03-28-2008, 08:04 AM   #8  

Morning all and a very happy Friday!

It is cold here this morning but the rain has stopped... yah! I did get on the scale this morning just to see what was going on... it is down a bit so that is a good thing since I W/I on Saturday mornings... I am really hoping for a good W/I, I know it is silly but it really is motivating for me to have a good loss.

No plans for the weekend... kind of looking forward to some down time.

My visit to the chiro yesterday was interesting, had a different doctor yesterday, he twisted me like a pretzel! The noises that come out of me is embarrassing... lots of grunting and stuff... I try not to but it just keeps coming out as they work on me. The doctor said "Don't worry about it, you are not bad at all compared to some... some say things that would a sailor blush!" Kind of funny!

I did not go the gym last night, I thought I would talk to the doctor today about it and make sure that I should do that before I actually do. I was going to ask him yesterday but he had the day off and I had another one so I thought I would ask him today and see what he says.

Any plans for the weekend?

Judy: You are doing great! I know it is hard to see the scale go up, I truly do, but you are doing everything right and the parts that you are not, well, we all know about those parts and you are working on them and that is what counts.

Bandit: I will have to try the jello recipe, sounds very good! Your dinners with your GF always sound wonderful and what a wonderful stress relief it must be to have a friend to talk to at least once a week and it gives you something to look forward to... which is always nice!

Chris: Great job walking around the track! That is really awesome! Any plans for the weekend?

Cherry: I'll bet your muscles do hurt after that! LOL, I remember when I first started with Pilates and such... I was a hurting pup, that is for sure. And will be again if I can ever get back to doing stuff like that.

Beth and Liz: I hope that all is well with you both!

Sorry if I missed anyone but have a great weekend all and I will stop back by later on to see what everyone is up to!
Princess

Last edited by Princess1122; 03-28-2008 at 08:05 AM.
Old 03-28-2008, 09:53 AM   #9  
Chick

Princess, glad to hear your home scale is moving down! That's the right direction!! Good luck for a : tomorrow. And I certainly understand getting on the WW scale and seeing the numbers go down and I most certainly don't think that's silly. It's great and affirming that what we are doing is paying off. You're doing great and coping with a lot, so

I deserve a too. I stepped on the scale today and today was the day it decided to move. At last! After four days of doing the right thing, I finally got a scale reward and it's a good one. I'm down two of the three pounds I had put on and only have to knock off one more. Yay! Then I'm be in the next "new territory" of losing weight. The thing I'm most proud of is that I was upset that I gained so much and when I exercised and ate right nothing was happening on the scale, so I was more upset, but I didn't give up and give in. I really concentrated on the exercise and the eating and it's working. That's what I have to remember--and you'd think it's a simple thing--that when I work the program, the program works!!!!!

Bandit, thanks for the update on the Jello. It sounds really good. I also have to thank you for my dinner last night. Seeing your post of your dinner with your friend reminded me that I needed to get my dinners planned for the week. I had stopped doing that. So now I'm all set. I've got to get out and buy some fruit and veggies, but my meals are planned and that's good.

Okay, I'll stop boring you and wish everybody a good day and a great weekend. At last I've got a free weekend and that means no big cooking for a crowd and no extra temptations. Yay

Judy
Old 03-28-2008, 11:57 AM   #10  
Focus on the Process

S/C/G: 247/247/165

Height: 5' 8"

Judy-WTG! See, those pounds are coming right back off. How awesome is that???

Princess-I remember my first trip to the chiropractor. I was scared to death. I heard some bones crackling in my back and I had this huge knocking noise when he adjusted my lower back. It sounded like someone slammed into a wall. But it felt alot better afterwards.

Hello to the rest of you gals. Just a quickie so I can get my homework done. Be pround, I turned in the paperwork for my honor society ceremony. I'm all locked into it now.

Okay...check back later. I gotta get some stuff done.

Christina
Old 03-28-2008, 12:11 PM   #11  
Chick

Chrily,
so proud of you! :
Judy
Old 03-28-2008, 01:27 PM   #12  

Chris: Way to go! Very proud of you!
Old 03-29-2008, 10:22 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 220/197/160

Height: 5'-3"

Hi everyone:

Chrily - so glad you are going for it! Good for you.

Judy - way to go with taking control of yourself. Determination will get you where you want to go & congrats of your loss. Planning ahead certainly helps taking the "guess work" out of what we should be eating - so kudos for that.

Princess - hope you are feeling better.

Cherry, Beth & Liz - hope you guys are hanging in there & staying OP.

It is a nice sunny day up here & I opened up some of my windows & it feels great. Still have lots of snow everywhere but there are birds in my yard and that just makes you feel good.

Went to my cousins last night & she did my taxes so glad to get that out of the way & she made taco meat for dinner. We had it in whole wheat wraps instead of shells & I only had 1 with some salad. It was good for a change, haven't had those in ages & since I was driving didn't have any drinks.
So yesterday was pretty good OP day & good start for the weekend, which we all know usually brings extra challenges.

Anyway, have a great OP weekend!
Old 03-29-2008, 12:03 PM   #14  

Morning all and Happy Saturday! Went to W/I this morning, was down 1.4, not great after that gain that I had but I will take it! We are going to have dinner out tonight with our DS and his GF, we are going to go to the Kona Grill which is not too bad point wise... I will have grilled fish or something.

Went and walked on the treadmill for 45 minutes after w/I so that was pretty good also.

The doctor says that he is not thrilled with me going to the Zumba or yoga classes that I signed up for... wish I would have thought that through better but I was feeling pretty good at the time. I promised to take it extremely easy and not do anything stupid, not sure I convinced him but I don't want to get worse so I will do what I said, watch and do a few things when I can.

Have a great day ladies! Sunny here today too Bandit! Gives me hope that we will all be complaining about how hot it is out there real soon!

Princess
Old 03-31-2008, 11:59 AM   #15  
Chick

Bandit, weigh to go on having a light dinner at your cousin's. That's a great way to start the weekend! I hope this week's WI is fabulous.

Princess, weigh to go! Having that weight off is a relief. You've done so well so far. I love looking at your stats to see how far you've come.
As far as the exercise, is the Zumba class like the one I've seen advertised on TV?

I had a great weekend. I'm not saying that I didn't crave food and sweets and delicious stuff all weekend because I did. The difference was that we didn't have any socializing to do this weekend and that was a huge help. Yes, this statement is coming from the very same woman who made adding social activities to her calendar a New Year's resolution. However, balance is the key. In any case, I knew I was doing well this week with exercise and food and not having to cook special meals or have people bringing yummy desserts helped a lot. I've got my fingers crossed because my home scale shows that I've knocked off the three pounds I was up last WI. I have today and tomorrow to hold onto the loss and maybe even get rid of another 1/2#, so send me good vibes.

All goes well here. Take it easy and be well.
Judy
Closed Thread