Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 06-02-2002, 02:36 PM   #1  
Senior Chick

Talking ~~Thru Thick and Thin~~ #144

Thru Thick & Thin is a group that was formed to give and receive support on our journey to take off the excess pounds and to keep them off. No matter who you are or where you are from, you're welcome here with us. We'll stand with you while you're losing and stand by you if you're not. We all have ups and downs and we need support in both.
Old 06-02-2002, 03:15 PM   #2  

Hello! Thought I'd take a few minutes and post today. It sure has busy the past few days on here. I'm impressed with all the activity! I'm not gonna have the time today to post to everyone, but I wish I did. I've got a long list of things to do. I have to get the house and yard ready. My aunt and uncle from Ohio will be passing through later this week on their way out west and will be staying here on Friday. It'll be nice to see them again. It's been a couple of years.

I did get a call yesterday about the college job. I was at work, of course, so she left me another message. Looks like I'll be interviewing with here on Tuesday. I left her another message that we were available on the same day. Now I just need to wait and hear what time. Maybe we will actually talk to each other instead of all this phone tag!

Catey- Welcome to the group. I hope you find your way to the new thread. I've been with the group for about a year, and they are wonderful! You have done a great job with your weight loss since the birth of your son so far! Keep up the good work!

Speaking of births, today is my birthday. I'm 29. UGH. This will be my last birthday EVER! My mom took a last minute weekend trip to her parents so I could have my house for whatever I wanted. I didn't even tell dear bf. I want the day alone, to do whatever I want...nothing too exciting so far. I think I'm going to go to Panera Bread for dinner. I love their sandwiches and salads. I'm going to run to the store too, some cute sandals are on sale.

Oh, speaking of sales, the tickets for the Cher concert went on a "presale" with aol. My friend got us tickets on Thursday, 11th row right in front of the stage. COOL!

Jen
Old 06-02-2002, 10:56 PM   #3  
Senior Chick

Talking

HAPPY BIRTHDAY JEN
Old 06-03-2002, 12:30 AM   #4  

Hi everyone,

Thanks for the welcome, Jen, and HAPPY BIRTHDAY! Good luck to you on Tuesday. I hope it works out for you.

My 4-week-old has been keeping me really busy, but we had a chance to go to my parent's house tonight for dinner. I tend to overeat while at my parent's house because my mom is such a fabulous cook, but I was on my best behavior! My mom made brownies for dessert and they are my absolute favorite. I usually chow down on two and bring some home for later, but I had one small one and told her not to even think about offering any to me to bring home, lol. I'm very proud of myself for that *patting myself on the back* .

Tomorrow I start my work out routine. I really feel like I can stick with it this time. Of course, the newness of this all will probably wear off real soon and I'll be begging you guys to give me some motivation .

That's it from here. Hope everyone else is doing well .
Old 06-03-2002, 07:21 AM   #5  
~~Senior Member~~Really

I'm back from a wild week end of fishing. I got this in email this morning from our old friend, "2cute", I thought it fit us well.

FRIENDS WITHOUT FACES

We sit and we type, and we stare at our screens
We all have to wonder, what this possibly means.

With our mouse we roam, through the rooms in a maze
Looking for something or someone, as we sit in a daze.

We chat with each other, we type all our woes
Small groups we do form, and gang up on our foes.

We wait for somebody, to type out our name
We want recognition, but it is always the same.

We give kisses and hugs, and sometimes flirt
In PMs(IMs) we chat deeply, and reveal why we hurt.

We do form friendships - but - why we don't know
But some of these friendships, will flourish and grow.

Why is it on screen, we can be so bold
Telling our secrets, that have never been told.

Why is it we share, the thoughts in our mind
With those we can't see, as though we were blind.

The answer is simple, it is as clear as a bell.
We all have our problems, and need someone to tell.

We can't tell real people, but tell someone we must
So we turn to the computer, and to those we can trust.

Even though it is crazy, the truth still remains
There are Friends Without Faces, and odd little names.
Old 06-03-2002, 08:18 AM   #6  
~~Senior Member~~Really

Good Morning~~Hope everyone is doing well this fine Monday morning. I'm good. I had a fast and busy week end. We went fishing both days about 50 min. from home. The lake here is just to high.(water) We didn't catch a lot of fish but the one's we caught was nice sized. We caught 18 on Sat. and 10 yesterday. I caught the most on Sat and he caught the most yesterday. I will attach a picture of the ones we caught yesterday. I didn't do so well in the weight loss field last week. I found one of the pounds I lost last week. OH well I shell move on today.

Jo Jo~~I'm so glad your hubby found another job. Surely he will be able to handle the driving. I know you must feel much better. I can't stand our governor, he pops his big ol forehead out when everything is going well, and gets his picture in where ever he can. But they just come out with a report that Okla. has the worst bridges in the country, do you thank he come out and had something to say about that. I DON'T THANK SO. We had heard about your governor's little scandal. He won't get a darn thing out of it, they have the money to get out of the scraps. How ever I might say that the bridge that went down was in good shape.

Catey~~I'm late but a big welcome to out group. We are always glad to see a new face to make you our friend too. Congrats on the new baby, they are a gift from God. Also a big congrats on losing 25 pounds after the birth of that bundle of joy. You've got a very good start. Are you nursing, that is a big help in losing the excess after birth. A big pat on the back for passing up brownies. It almost seems like about the time we get started losing really well, someone calls and wants to cook for us, or hubby says us go out and eat. It is hard to turn down food someone else has cooked. I've been cooking for 40 years and believe me when I can get food someone else cooks, it's hard to refuse it. Again we are so glad to have you join our group. OH...I give everyone their own color of print, this one is yours.

Jen~~I'm going to post a message just for you.

Skeeter~~It's no wonder we can't get caught up on some of this work. We keep taking on new jobs all the time. Setting out that many trees is a big job, and just the beginning of the job of keeping them watered this summer. They will be very pretty though. That sun screen works, I was in the hot sun about 9 or 10 hours over the week end and I didn't burn a bit. Now freckles is a different story. I have a Yahoo address too, and should use it more. But the PI group I belong to sends lots or pictures and I would have to open everyone of them. Plus if you get something everyday, you have to go to yahoo to get it and I hate that. They did have a service of forwarding their mail into outlook, but they stopped that about 6 weeks ago. I don't believe yahoo rejects spam, I get it from people who have yahoo email address's.

Thats it for today. It is nice to see that we can miss a couple of days and our friends are still here. I've got letters to catch up on and PI work to do. Have a good Monday. This is my hubby and the fish we caught Sunday. The biggest weighed 14 pounds, the smallest 2 pounds. They are channel and blue cats. I just looked at the picture and I cut the boys head off. Oh well I wanted you to see the fish anyway. I like to of never got the picture to where they would take it.
Old 06-03-2002, 08:38 AM   #7  
~~Senior Member~~Really

Jen~~Good luck on the job interview on Tuesday. Sorry I'm late for your birthday, I seem to be late on everything lately. OH to know what I know now and to be 29 again. That is the one thing that we need to be able to share with others and get them to listen to us. Believe me you do learn about life as the years goes on, and we learn how things should be handled. But it doesn't seem like those younger than we are can explain it to the younger ones coming up. I'm thanking everyone just has to learn as they go a long. I do hope you had a wonderful birthday.
Old 06-03-2002, 03:21 PM   #8  
MbG
Big Zilla

Hello Y’all

Well I know there was a weekend in there somewhere since I dropped in but it came and went in a blink. The catering job was OK, very hot/humid but a beautiful location. It was at the bride’s family home that is over 200 year old and has remained in the family. It sat on a hill and if it hadn’t been so humid I think you could have seen the River in the distance. The down side was being around so much good food, did too much sampling. Didn’t get home till 1AM and ended up sleeping Sunday till almost Noon. But got myself right back OP and spent the afternoon spreading more mulch. Couple more pick-up truckloads and I should be done…well at least for now anyway. Next weekend is going to be just as busy, I’ve got a booth at the local strawberry fair for my Longaberger Basket’s and then Sunday afternoon I have a home show. O well I’d rather be busy, besides I’m so close to a sales achievement award and June is the end of our sales year so busy is fine by me!

Cathy, welcome to the group!

Talk at you later, got to get some work done today they still are paying me to do that

Marybeth
241/181.2/160

Happy Belated B'day Jen...
Old 06-04-2002, 11:38 AM   #9  

Good morning everyone. I had my interview this morning and I'm just dying to talk about it, but bf is at work, and mom is still asleep. I am now a nursing instructor. It's for the CNA program, and it'll work out to about 96 hrs a semester, very part-time, but I have to start somewhere. And it actually pays quite well. I am very surprised by that. It'll be in 2 separate chunks of time, September and November, about 2 days a week for 3 weeks at each time. Which will allow me time to still pick up other hours at the hospital in between, so they won't be upset either. I do have to go to Chicago for a day in July for an "evaluator workshop".

Thank you to everyone for the b-day wishes. I had a very relaxing day, read the paper with a pot of coffee, went shopping and found some great clearance clothes, and had a turkey artichoke sandwich and greek salad from Panera Bread. YUMMY!

Marybeth- Mmmm, a strawberry fair. I love strawberries. I picked my first 2 strawberries Sunday. Mine are so much better than the ones in the store. I agree with being busy. It keeps me out of trouble.

Marlana- Thank you for the message. So 28 fish isn't alot? I think otherwise. I'm sorry about the recovered 1 lb. I haven't weighed in lately. I'm a little afraid to, I haven't been great either. I usually flucuate through a range of 3 lbs, but that range is dropping. It still needs to go a bit lower though.

Catey- Congrats on managing the brownies. I usually have a problem with sweets. If I have a little taste, I just go back for more. I'm better off not having any. I also need to get back into a work out routine. I usually do good for a couple of weeks, and then slack off.

I guess that's all for today. I need to go online and find directions to the place in Chicago before I forget. And I need to get cleaning. Company is coming from Ohio on Friday!

Jen
Old 06-04-2002, 09:06 PM   #10  
Senior Chick

Angry

Hey Everyone

Today was one of those all day shopping trips. We left this morning and didn't get home until about 6:30 this evening. We started at Sears Automotive which is in the parking lot of the mall. We hit Burdines, Pennys, Sears and the food court while they worked on the tires. Then we hit the Target store looking for new lamp shades for a couple of my lamps. From there we went to Wal Mart and filled up two carts. I seemed to have run low on everything at once. I think that the store had to restock the shelves when we finished.

Marlana~I spent some time in the sporting section of Wal Mart today drooling over some of the new rod and reels. I stocked up on some leaders and sinkers for the saltwater fishing. I also bought some much heavier line for my rods that I use in that kind of fishing. I am so anxious to go back and catch some more fish. I would enjoy just fishing here on the river. All I would have to do is pack up my 4 wheeler and go about 1/4 of a mile through the woods to the river and can't seem to find the time. I am going to have to make some changes somewhere. That sure was a good looking string of catfish and a nice bottom half of your man. I like a man that looks good in overalls.

Catey~WTG in controlling that urge to eat more than one brownie. Good luck on your new work out program. Be careful not to do too much so soon after having that baby. How is that baby doing?

Jen~Glad that you had the kind of birthday that you wanted. Also congratulations on the teaching job. I know a man that worked his way up from meter reader to Supervisor of the department at the utility where I used to work. He took a couple of small courses on computers and learned a lot on the job. He retired and now teaches a college course on computers and makes big bucks. The man never went to college. Isn't that amazing?

Marybeth~WTG on getting right back on program after the catering job. I would probably have eaten any profits. Sounds like it was a very beautiful place. I love that part of the country anyhow. I was born in Kentucky and still can't figure out how I ended up living on this flat ground for so long. If I were rich, I'd be living back up there somewhere in the hills.

Y'all have a good evening. I'm going to go put my feet up and watch some TV.
Old 06-04-2002, 09:14 PM   #11  

Hello!!!!

Hope everyone week started out ok. Mine is going ok.

Oy!!! I've discovered I can buy beads on Ebay!!!! I bid on 3 different auctions and got 2 of them. One was just $4.99 and the other was $7.50 so thats not bad. At least I know where to go to get some of the different types of beads I need to make some really unique bracelets. I don't plan on going crazy tho. I just need some crystal spacer beads and then with the ones I'll be getting, I have others I can come up with something.

Dh's job is going pretty well and he seems to like it.

Jen, I'm glad you had a nice relaxing BD and also I'm glad you got that job. your right, its a place to start. Congrats!!!

Mb, your right, its so hard to resist when you are around treats. I have the worst time and just can't seem to tell myself no.

Marlana, your right, our guv probly won't get anything out of that license for bribe scandal. I just have a hard time believing this went on under his nose and he knew nothing and all the bribe money was going into his campaign fund. I figure if they do anything as far as an indictment, it will be after his term is up and that can't happen soon enough. By the way, love the poem.

Catey, I have the same problem when I go to my MIL's house. She's always got junk food plus she bakes alot. Its tough. Luckily I only get over there ever other weekend.

Skeeter, thanks for starting the new thread. I hope your having a good week.

Well, I've got to get off here now. I want to relax and read for awhile. Take care everyone.
Old 06-05-2002, 10:10 AM   #12  
~~Senior Member~~Really

Good Morning~~I seen Dr. Phil on TV again yesterday and the one thing I got out of the show is that the self talk we do to ourselves has a lot to do with how things turns out. I started talking nice about myself and telling myself a crock of lies. I have to admit that I talk really bad about myself. He says we are talking to ourselves all the time, that everyone does it. I wish I had his last book. He's going to have a show of his own next year. The one thing I'm saying to myself today is that I can get through this day on my food plan without slipping up one time. We'll see what happens.

[COLOR=orangered] Jo Jo~~I've went to ebay and checked it out, but didn't find anything and wouldn't trust people to send it to me anyway. Politicians get out of stuff all the time. One can screw around a little and never hear the end of it, but let one steel some of your money and he gets nothing. It depends on which side is doing the investigating, if you get my drift.

Jen~~Congrats on the instructors job. Girl you have more titles than any one person needs. I sure hope you like it. One question...how do you do it all???? Good thing you don't have a hubby and kids.

Skeeter~~Today is my shopping day. I have to run here and run there. It's raining here again, so I'm trying to put it off for a hour or so. I have to buy 3 tags today, that hurts. Oh Lord...I got a laugh out of a man that looks good in his overalls. He looked like ****. I didn't cut his head off because of that, but his hair was all over the place, his overalls weren't even buttoned on the side, and he had chicken liver and fish crap on the overalls. My dad use to wear overalls and I hated them. Hubby started wearing them several years ago, just at home and fishing. I don't mind them now. The ol boy is looking pretty good, he's down from 250 to 217. When he makes a commitment, he keeps it. I don't thank he will ever gain it back.

Marybeth~~Boy I know what you mean about time going in a blink, it seems like my whole time is flying by. Good luck on getting the sales achievement award. I got an award yesterday myself. I got my first award for finishing 10 tutorials in the PI group I belong too. Believe me I earned mine.

That's it for today, Have a really nice day and be good to yourself. I'm attaching one of my lessons to show you what I'm learning. I made all the things on this picture.
Old 06-06-2002, 11:01 PM   #13  

Darn it. I posted on here last night and now I don't see it. That is so frustrating. I don't have time to redo it all tonight. I was just stopping in to check up on everyone. I have relatives coming in tomorrow, so I'll be busy the next couple of days. Take care and have good weekend. Jen
Old 06-07-2002, 08:20 PM   #14  
Senior Chick

Talking

Hey Everyone

I sure don't know where the time goes these days. Yesterday we got together with 6 others and cleaned the church and manicured the grounds. We are having a gospel singing group with dinner afterwards on Sunday. Then today we took the day off and went fishing with friends. We didn't catch much but we had a good time sitting on the riverbank. The water was calm today and it felt good in the shade. We watched a few gators swimming by and checking us out.

Marlana~I couldn't see all the fish guts and liver stains all over him or even that his coveralls were unbuttoned. I could only see a trim figure in denim. No potbelly. We got some rain this evening and we are so thankful for it. That's two Fridays in a row with rain. It is supposed to be our rainy season and we are praying that we get lots of it this year.

JoJo~I'm glad that your dh is getting along good with that new job. You never did send a picture of any of those bracelets that you make. I'd sure like to see them. Maybe you can get a picture with the digital camera. I just realized that you wrote in the beginning of the week and I am writing back on Friday. My goodness, where did this week go?

Jen~I'm sorry to hear that you lost your post. That is very frustrating when we take the time to write and then lose it. Hope you have a good time with our company.

Y'all have a good weekend.
Old 06-07-2002, 11:20 PM   #15  

Hello Everyone,

We are just getting home from a birthday party. Do you remember me telling you about the baby that was born when the mother was just 6 month pregnant (and she didn't know she was pregnant)? Well, she's a year old now. Amazing. She's a little behind most babies her age but not by much. She is really cute.

I am anxiously awaiting my beads I bid on. It'll probably be a week or two before I get them. I got them for really good prices. There was a bead store that sold similar lampwork beads and one would cost as much as I paid for 10 of them. I'm really glad I checked out Ebay. I just never thought they'd have them there.

Skeeter, One of these days I'll scan a couple of my bracelets. I just never think to do it. I asked dh if he missed the deisel fuel smell and the grease and he said no and he likes that his hands are clean looking finally. He seems really happy with this job. I am really glad he's doing something different now to. But now he has a $4000 tool box and probably that much in tools that he doesn't need now and he's still paying on the tool box. I think he probably end up selling it.

Marlana, oh I definetly need to do something about my negative self talk. I haven't watched Oprah much since we started getting the Animal Planet channel. I love that channel. I think Dr Phil is right that we "talk" to ourselves all the time. Me, well I'm always thinking bad stuff all time and I worry about what other people think about me, it has to be really bad, you know? I'm way to insecure. And I don't think thinness is going to cure me of it cause even when I was fairly thin, I felt the same way. You, well I think of you as this amazing woman who can do almost anything.

Well, I've got to get off here now. Tomorrow is our 25th Anniversary party at my mil's. Our actual anniversary isn't till Tuesday tho. Take care everyone.
Closed Thread