South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 03-24-2008, 11:04 AM   #1  

Default Restarting SB, back for support!

I've been an on and off this forum as well as SB for a while now. I restarted phase 1 on 15/03, completed two weeks day before yesterday, and had a massive binge eating breakdown yesterday. I don't know why I did it, I literally looked at the candy bar and though "if I want to resist it, I can resist it but I'll eat it anyway!". I still can't think of why I decided to let myself down but I did, and now I feel ashamed of myself.

I believe that a big part of the reason I was successful last time, was because of this forum, and becuase of the great support and advice from all the great ladies out here.

So I'm back again, hopefuly for good this time. This is going to be one long journey...
Old 03-24-2008, 11:06 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 261/252/145

Height: 5'4"

Hi confuzed! Glad to have you on the beach! I'm hopping back on Ph1 today to get back on track. I'd be glad to have some company. Are you going back to Ph1, or continuing on with Ph2?
Old 03-24-2008, 11:15 AM   #3  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

back, BornConfuzed. The trick is to keep posting even when you fall off the wagon. We missed you!
Old 03-24-2008, 11:15 AM   #4  

Yes I'm back on Ph1, I need to get those cravings under control.
Old 03-24-2008, 11:21 AM   #5  
Made of Starstuff

I'm not on SB, but wanted to wish you the best! You can do this!!!!!
Old 03-24-2008, 11:31 AM   #6  
ONEderland here I come!

S/C/G: 286/210/200 (next goal)

Height: 5'2.75"

welcome back.... i had a binge yesterday too... it was bad... i hear you.
Old 03-24-2008, 01:51 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 150/140/125

Height: 5'4''

Hi, Confuzed!!

Just remember what "Our Lady of Weightloss" says:

"All is forgiven, move on."

Congrats for getting back on the horse!!

mary
Old 03-24-2008, 02:14 PM   #8  

Welcome back! I love the fact that everyone on this forum is very supportive. South Beach is truly about changing your lifestyle. And slipping up, or binging is a part of the transition. Just keep on trying!

I know I have slipped up before and then completely stopped the plan because I thought I had done irreversible damage. But that was not true. Know I know if I have a "binge" day, then I can just continue on with South Beach as soon as possible, and go back to phase I if I find I need to get back on track.
Old 03-24-2008, 08:44 PM   #9  

S/C/G: [url=http://www.TickerFactory.

Talking

Old 03-24-2008, 10:10 PM   #10  
Visualizing the Goal

Welcome back! We all fall off the wagon every once in awhile. A couple weeks ago I not only fell off, but started running the other way once I hit the ground! Good for you getting things back together and getting on plan. You *can* do this! Is there any way that maybe your last Phase 1 wasn't totally clean? Maybe you were getting some hidden sugars in there somewhere. Artificial sweeteners can even cause cravings for some people, which totally stinks but happens.

Whatever it was, you're back, and we're glad to have you!

Kara
Old 03-25-2008, 08:54 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 148/142/120

Height: 5'NOTHING

I think there was an earthquake somewhere because we were all pretty much thrown from our wagons last week. Right now there's a huge group of us dusting off our backsides, looking around stunned and slowly climbing back on the thing... You're in good company.
Old 03-25-2008, 11:32 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 329/ticker/150

Height: 5' 3"

I can totally relate BornConfuzed. I think my wagon is slanted downwards sometimes.
Old 03-26-2008, 02:20 PM   #13  
Simply Filling Technique

Smile Sorry to hear that but as you can see we have all been there

Every one here has experienced what you have experienced.

I have found that the best way to follow this plan is make it so airtight that I can't help but follow it. That may sound extreme but it works for me.

I will not resume Phase 1 though. I shared what happened at the end of Phase 1 the second time around but in case you missed that post here is the cliff notes version. Uncontrolable diarhrea in the middle of Wal-mart on a busy Sunday afternoon. Luckily, it stuck to the long skirt I was wearing but what a mess I had to clean up once I waddled to the women's bathroom. I had my DH and the janitor standing guard at the door. Luckily, I don't embarass easily. However, I have vowed that no matter how much I deviate on Phase 2 Phase 1 is "history". Never again!!!

You will make this. You will do this. Even with some humor added in. And, it is non-caloric!!
Old 03-26-2008, 03:48 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 247/229/165

Height: 5'8"

Default Also back

I think the first time I ever tried SBD was maybe 2 or years ago? Anyway, I lost more weight that way than I ever had. I somewhat followed the diet to pretty much maintain my weight even though I needed to lose more but then fell off the wagon....big time.
So now here I am again. Last night I decided that I HAVE to do what I know works. Today is my first day of Phase 1 and all I can think of is the peanut M & M's on my co-workers desk.
If I can bring myself to post more messages on here I think it would be a lot easier.
Old 03-26-2008, 04:20 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 261/252/145

StacyLynn, don't think we've met, but glad to "meet" you. Those M&Ms have no power over you! As we all know, the first few days can be tough, but you can get past it! Posting definitely helps.

Pamatga, what a terrible episode, I missed that post somehow. I've never heard of anyone having a reaction like that, usually PH1 causes the opposite problem. Were artificial sweeteners involved? Can't say as I blame you for avoiding PH1 in the future!
Closed Thread