South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Old 03-26-2008, 03:10 PM   #1  
Live, Laugh, Love

Height: 5'3"

Talking I swear I'm not dead....

HI EVERYBODY!!!!!!!! Holy cow, I've missed you all so much! I'm going to try to be back on the daily thread regularly and get my behind back to being held accountable. You all know how much I love to ramble so I'm going to bring you up to speed in this thread so I don't have 3 pages of my own on the daily. OK, here I go.

Firstly, I AM OFFICIALLY DIVORCED!!!!!!!! WAHOOOOO!!!!! It's over, I never have to deal with him ever again, and I'm happier than I've ever been in my life. Nice, clean, no mess, done.

Secondly, after several months of being happy on my own and swearing I would never be in a relationship again because I don't need a man and I was SO happy on my own, I met someone. Figures, right? Soon as I'm happy without a man I find a good one. (It's ok. I'll take him.) His name is Tom, but I call him Tommy (HI KARA AND TOM! I totally thought of you guys when I realized I fell in love with a guy named Tom.) He's wonderful! Smart, funny, responsible, a Christian, a musician, handsome, physically fit, a great daddy (he has primary custody of his 4 yr old son, who also is awesome,) patient, kind, is all about healthy communication, and we complement each other very well. After I'd totally given up on "soulmates" and "fate," God went WHAMMO! HA! Take THAT! His favorite flavor of ice cream is even the same as mine! (Peanut Butter and Chocolate from Baskin Robbins.) Perfect. So that part's good.

Thirdly, we went to Florida together for a little vacation and visited his family. That's where my avatar picture came from. We had a wonderful time, and my friends Pete & Wayne from Key West were playing in Siesta Key (not far from where we were staying) so I got to see them while I was there too! Don't worry girls, I wore sunscreen, so I only freckled mildly. We're looking to move there eventually but want to take care of some things up here first. Only bad thing about the trip is that I gained some weight back while I was down there, but not too much, so if I get my butt in gear, it shouldn't take long to come off.

Next, I bought my own travel business! HOLY COW who would've thought? Lisa? Take a financial risk? Even if it's a small risk? I'm soooooo cheap. But I did it! I've got my own travel website that people can book travel on, just like travelocity or expedia or whatever, only this one is mine! I'm so excited! I just got it up and going so it's going to take awhile to get it moving, but people have already booked travel on it! It's got a thing on it where you can sign up for a weekly email with Deals & Steals too. I'm going to get my RTA certification in the next month or so, so I'll be fully trained to help people book their vacations and travel. I already know how to book the basic stuff, but I'll learn all about cruises and packages and stuff, and become CLIA certified too. I've finally found something that eventually I'll be able to do from home!

Otherwise, work has been going well. I think I dropped off the earth when my district was realligned and I hated my new boss and missed my old one. Well, I got my old one back! He's letting me work M-F days as long as I stick around, and I think I'm getting a pretty good raise for the hard work I did last year. Ahhh. Things seem to be going well there!

Finally, the most recent news (why I'm home from work today) is that I had a bit of a scare. Woke up Monday with bad abdominal cramping and pain. Couldn't eat, miserable, etc. Woke up with it again yesterday, so I called the doctor's office to see if there's a GI bug going around. They ordered me to get my backside to the ER because they were worried that it was my appendix. DOH. SO, I spent 5 hours in the ER yesterday. Started with bloodwork and urinalysis to make sure I didn't have elevated white cells or blood in my pee (ruling out a lot of things including kidney stone, kidney infection, UTI, bladder infection, etc.) Put an IV in and gave me fluids and such too. So when all that came back fine, then they gave me two large cups of orange "Tang" (it's not Tang, nor does it taste like Tang) to chugalug down so I could have a CT scan. After a cup and a half, I thought I was going to hurl, so they put some anti-hurl meds in my IV, and I finished the rest. Anyone ever have a CT scan? It SUCKS. They insert dye into your IV port and it feels not only like all your veins are on fire, but it makes you feel like you wet yourself on the table too. Then they stick you in a donut and take pictures of your guts that are lit up like the 4th of July. SO, to make a long story longer, my organs all looked good, but there was fluid in my pelvis. So what's the perfect end to a perfect day for every girl? A pelvic exam in the ER. They did their thing, and it turns out, I had an ovarian cyst rupture. Looks like everything else is good though, so far. I have to follow up with the doc next week.

So why am I home from work if I'm ok, you ask? My body had a lovely reaction to the orange crap I had to drink, and I cannot control the errr.... releasing of it from..... I'm oozing orange liquid without my knowledge or permission. Thought I'd stay home and get that out of my system (HAHAHA out of my system) today and I'll go back to work tomorrow. I just can't seem to win sometimes.

So..... how are you girls? I'VE MISSED YOU ALL SO MUCH!

Love,
Lisa
weezle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2008, 03:17 PM   #2  
Visualizing the Goal

Height: 5'4"

LISA!
I'm so glad you posted!
Aren't guys named Tom just keepers?!
Hope you get over your leakage issues soon and can get on with a life outside the bathroom (I do hope you're not typing on a laptop while on the pot!) as it sounds like you have some great things going for you.
If you hear about any great deals from the Philadelphia area to the Ft. Walton Beach, Florida area, let me know, OK?!
We miss you!

Kara
tomandkara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2008, 03:39 PM   #3  
HAPPY HEALTHY ME

S/C/G: 215.4/-/165

Height: 5'2"

Hi Lisa glad you droped in, I have been wondering about you.

Congrats on the divorce and the new love and way to go stepping out there and taking a risk - sometimes you just gotta do it.

Your pic looks great - I just love Key West. I will be spending a lil over a week there in May and I can't wait.

See ya on the daily checkin.
GONNABE165 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2008, 03:41 PM   #4  
Live, Laugh, Love

I'm on it Kara! (Wait, not on the pot, on the travel.)

Gonna, I SO love Key West! I hope you have so much fun!!!! Are you part of the IOKW forum (itsonlykeywest)? If so, which one?

Last edited by weezle; 03-26-2008 at 03:57 PM.
Old 03-26-2008, 04:04 PM   #5  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Great to see you back and sounding so upbeat, Weezle. Sorry about the orange leakage problems - sounds like Xenical or Alli! Just kidding. The travel business sounds great. I know you'll get MODified if you post your website but I'm sure folks who want to see it will PM you.

we miss you, Girlie!
Ruthxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2008, 04:14 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 261/252/145

Hi Weezle! You have been a busy chick! Glad to hear things have been going so well for you (well, except the cyst and ensuing orange leakage - glad that all turned out okay). All very exciting developments there!
Nessa has recently decided to come back to us too, so it'll be great to have you back on the daily - just like old times.
Schmoodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2008, 04:18 PM   #7  
Visualizing the Goal

Quote:
Originally Posted by weezle View Post
I'm on it Kara! (Wait, not on the pot, on the travel.)

Kara
tomandkara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2008, 04:44 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 214/210/164

Height: 5'0"

Yay, Lisa! I'm SO happy for you! We've missed you terribly here! You would not believe all the new "faces". I'm just pleased as punch that things are going so well. I know we all say we know that God knows what He's doing, but sometimes it takes a whack in the head (or a nice guy named Tom) for us to realize it. You went through some rough times and you deserve this slice of happiness!

PM me your website when you get a chance - I'm always looking for a good travel deal!

~Kim
Kim_Star060404 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2008, 05:01 PM   #9  

It's so good to see you back and doing so well! Congratulations on the divorce. I'm hoping Robert and I can settle. My lawyer says if it stays contested then most in Texas take 14 months. Yuck!

The picture of Florida looks wonderful. One of these days I should go back and visit my sister in Tampa where we grew up.
Barb0522 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2008, 05:04 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 144.4/137/120

Height: 5

Gosh it was just lastnight I was thinking "where the heck has Lisa been, I hope she is ok!" Glad to see you back, we have missed you a whoooooole lot! So happy to hear things are going well in your world, you deserve it!
Pacergal29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2008, 05:33 PM   #11  
Live, Laugh, Love

HI HI HI HI HI! I'm soooooooo happy to be back girls!!! Tommy (my Tom) thinks I'm a bit ridiculous because I'm like "I'M BACK ON MY SITE AGAIN! I MISSED MY FRIENDS SO MUCH!" He's like "Oooookay...." But that's ok. I can be a dork about my friends if I want to. Like he's never seen me be a bit flamboyant about anything. (NEVER!)

to all of you!

Thanks Ruth, Schmoodle, and Kim!

Barb, I actually flew into Tampa last month when I was down in FL. Nice airport. Hope everything works out for you and Robert. God's Will be done. Most importantly, I care about the well-being of you and Brian. But geez, 14 months is FOREVER. I was whining about 6! If you decide you want to take a trip to see your sis once all is said and done (or sooner if you can get away) PM me and I'll find you a deal. You deserve to get away from all the crap for awhile (which is why I took a vacation so soon. I couldn't take it anymore.) I'll pray for you and Brian!

Stephanie, nice to know you thought of me! I thought of all of you too, almost DAILY! Glad to be back!!!! I missed you girls!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 742483-R1-09-15_010.jpg (17.8 KB, 40 views)
File Type: jpg 742484-R1-20-4_021.jpg (14.8 KB, 26 views)
File Type: jpg 742485-R1-20-5_021.jpg (20.0 KB, 44 views)
File Type: jpg 742483-R1-08-16_009.jpg (18.0 KB, 13 views)

Last edited by weezle; 03-26-2008 at 05:40 PM. Reason: Added Pics!
Old 03-26-2008, 05:48 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 214/210/164

Height: 5'0"

Awww, I love the pics! That water is SO blue! Ya'll make such a cute couple.
Kim_Star060404 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2008, 07:53 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

OMG, welcome back, LISA! It's so nice to hear from you and see where life has taken you! I'm so happy for you!
The pictures are gorgeous, and you and your Tommy look great! Is he Italian, he looks Italian. If he is, he's a keeper for sure.
cottagebythesea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2008, 08:34 PM   #14  
Live, Laugh, Love

Actually, he's half Greek. Even better
Old 03-27-2008, 06:47 AM   #15  
-

S/C/G: Size 16 to 18/Size 6/I'm there

Height: 5"3" Age: 55

So wonderful to have you back!! You are just glowing in those pictures and you look fantastic!
femmecreole is offline   Reply With Quote