Old 03-26-2008, 07:06 AM   #1  
In Onderland!!!!

S/C/G: 227/227/140

Height: 5'4

Default I am so dissapointed in myself!

I have been rolling along great since I first started WW at home and then I totally blew it this weekend! I was eating out because we were so busy and I was keeping points for what I ate and came within point on Friday/Saturday and then Sunday I screwed up and ate too much at a cookout....then Monday I was doing really good all day and then my mil (who did not know I was dieting) brought over my favorite dish and I ate so much I felt like I was going to explode! I went to bed feeling sick from eating and sick from letting myself do that. Now I feel depressed and like I just threw the past few weeks out the door! I got back in the game yesterday by eating right and forcing myself to go walk but I feel like sh*t now! Did I undo everything I had done? How do I get past this mental ickiness now?
wendymeows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2008, 07:25 AM   #2  
Made of Starstuff

You absolutely did NOT undo everything you have done! We all make some poor choices sometimes. What the heck would happen if we stopped moving forward when we did? I know there wouldn't be anyone in that Maintenance forum area that's for sure.

I'm very glad to see that you jumped right back onto the bandwagon. That icky mental feeling will go away. Focus on doing good healthy things today. If nothing else, use this time as a true learning experience. Next time your MIL brings over that favorite dish, prepare yourself before diving in by remembering how awful it felt to overeat & go to bed feeling sick.

Don't let this little slip-up time mess up the rest of your week
Lovely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2008, 07:44 AM   #3  
Former Quitter

S/C/G: 310/310/180

Height: 5'7

Hi Wendy,

The initial honeymooon phase doesn't last long. Your journey will most likely be filled with highs and lows and times when you struggle more than usual. The best solution is planning...plan, plan, plan. What is your plan for handling cookouts and social events in the future? What is your plan for handling "gifts" from well-meaning family and friends?

Please remember, you are creating a new lifestyle for yourself. Your old way of eating doesn't work for you and you're learning a new way of eating. Don't expect perfection from yourself. View each of these struggling times as times to learn something new about yourself and keep going. As long as you don't give up and you keep going down the road, you'll reach your goals.
You can do this, Wendy. Keep your chin up!
GirlyGirlSebas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2008, 08:24 AM   #4  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

S/C/G: Lost 50 lbs, regained some

Height: 5'3"

Rhonda is right, and so is Faerie. We aren't perfect, but we do need to have a plan in place--so that everything doesn't fly out the window so easily when new situations happen. And even with a plan, there are times when, well, folks make choices that aren't so good.

You feel terrible because of what you did! Instead of wallowing in how "bad" you are, use that feeling to remind yourself of how much better it is to be making good choices about food. What's eaten is eaten, you can't go back--but you can use what you've learned to go forward.

Jay
JayEll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2008, 09:34 AM   #5  

S/C/G: high285/resrart276/ticker/140

Height: 5'3"

You are doing wonderful! Don't beat yourself up! None of us can be 100% all the time. We are allowed to make mistakes, and we learn from them. You realize you made a mistake, and you jumped right back on that horse! That is great!!! You could have said well I guess I blew it now and kept eating all the things you shouldn't, but you were strong and got back on track. We all have good days and bad days... just try to get the good days to be the majority of your days and you have made a huge accomplishment!
findingfawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2008, 09:38 AM   #6  
Kerry ~ TBL Red Team!

S/C/G: 236/194.6/135

Height: 5'4"

Everyone has already given you such good advice.... I'm just adding my nod to it ...

Two steps forward,....one step back. That's been my weight loss journey, as I'm sure it has been for pretty much everyone else here. We all have our hiccups along the way... it's just part of the journey and part of the challenge. Take it in your stride, acknowledge that you had a rough couple of days, put it behind you and move forward.

"just keep swimming... just keep swimming... just keep swimming, swimming, swimming" .... (don't laugh at me if you don't get that... )
MamaToTomAndAlex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2008, 09:46 AM   #7  
The Radiant One

S/C/G: 250/142/135

Height: 5'2"

There is a dieting trend of the terrible 3's:

3 days into your program.

Right about now you're having second thoughts about what you have committed to. Your head hurts from carb withdrawal, you're hungry and you are in a horrible mood. You feel cheated because your coworkers brought in cake and you haven't had any. It seems like everyone around you is eating but you!

3rd week.
By now your weight loss is slowing and you just caved in and had a binge. You don't understand why you lost 10 pounds in the first 2 weeks and this week nothing?? The journey's end seems like an eternity from now.

3rd month.

You're doing it... and doing it... and doing it... things start to seem repetitive, even a tad boring now that the newness has worn off. You know what you can eat and when and you're starting to "pick" from others' plates, have a little extra peanut butter, fudge your food measurements, maybe even have hit a "stall" with the scale and you're frustrated! Calm down - you know what's happening and now you can stop it! But you have to recognize that it is happening! People get so comfortable in the 3rd month that little things start to slide! STOP IT! If you can get past the 3rd month you will be fine. Come here for support. Keep a journal. Talk to a counselor if you need to - whatever you have to do to keep your program going. We are all here for you!
fiberlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2008, 10:50 AM   #8  
In Onderland!!!!

Thanks for all the kind words everyone...it really makes me feel alot better! I should have came here and posted in the middle of my food fest because you guys are really a great help!! I have learned alot from what I did and will remember all these feelings next time. I've got to get down the moderation thing before another "special occasion" comes again. I could have ate one bowl of my favorite dish but I didn't, I had 3 and at the cookout, I went to the store before hand and bought sunchips and diet soda to help get me through but the temptation of regular chips and soda won over. I will be more prepared next time!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MamaToTomAndAlex View Post
"just keep swimming... just keep swimming... just keep swimming, swimming, swimming" .... (don't laugh at me if you don't get that... )

Oh, I definitely get it....it comes from one of my favorite movies! That's good advice and something I will surely remember!
Old 03-26-2008, 01:47 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 288/ticker/145

Height: 5'5"

Wendy, I'm so glad that you are feeling better today. Sometimes all it takes is a little time and space to get back your perspective. It sounds like you've got it back!

I do want to mention, though, that sunchips aren't really a healthier alternative to regular chips. Ounce for ounce, they do have less fat than regular chips, but less fat is definitely not low fat. They also tend to have around the same amount of calories. Which is not to say that you shouldn't eat sunchips! Just don't think you're being healthy when you do.

Lisa
LisaF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2008, 01:50 PM   #10  
On Day at a Time

S/C/G: 293/293/165

Height: 6'

Wendy,

Just take it one day at a time. Also, remember that we're not perfect. If we were we'd all be in a Size 4!!!
sarahdafiregal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2008, 02:58 PM   #11  
Simply Filling Technique

Smile You can do it Wendy!

There has been so much good advice shared already that all I can add is "ditto ditto ditto".

I love the one about the terrible 3s. I thought that was well-written. I did make it past my third 3 and I agree that once you get some of the original kinks worked out things do settle down. I failed on one of my first major ventures outside of my comfort zone too. I felt really ashamed of myself and bitterly disappointed too. However, I did get right back on my food plan and within a few weeks, it felt like it had "almost" never happened.

Now, I feel like I can do this, more than I have ever before. Remember, we are all shaking loose whatever it was or is that got us fat in the first place. Each time another aspect of our old ways falls by the wayside, we have acheived a personal victory. Becoming aware, as you have shared here, is one of those victories. We applaud your honesty. Next time, you will do better. You really really will!
pamatga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2008, 03:30 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 278/see ticker/168

Height: 5'6"

the whole key is to never, never, never give up. A lapse does not a relapse make. Just plug along, it will happen.

I ate like crap all Easter weekdn. I didn't MEAN to. But I did. I gained some weight but by working very hard on Monday and Tuesday I lost the gained pounds plus one more.

Keep trying. You can't undo all your progress in a few days, so now string together a bunch of good days and you'll see a loss.

Last edited by Lyn2007; 03-26-2008 at 03:31 PM.
Lyn2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2008, 04:57 PM   #13  
In Onderland!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LisaF View Post

I do want to mention, though, that sunchips aren't really a healthier alternative to regular chips. Ounce for ounce, they do have less fat than regular chips, but less fat is definitely not low fat. They also tend to have around the same amount of calories. Which is not to say that you shouldn't eat sunchips! Just don't think you're being healthy when you do.

Lisa

Thanks for the info...I knew they were not the best thing but I am such a chip lover that I thought it would be better than the real deal which I wound up eating anyways! *lol*