Old 03-25-2008, 10:10 AM   #1  
Kerry ~ TBL Red Team!

S/C/G: 236/194.6/135

Height: 5'4"

Default What inspires you?

I thought I would start a thread where we can all post our inspiration... and what has inspired you recently, or long term... whatever

I figure perhaps we can inspire each other with our stories.

I posted this because I wanted to thank mezmerize for her quote in her signature! I've been floundering and her quote : "I can't lose 100 lbs, but I can lose 10 lbs 10 times." just totally clicked with me I'm currently working on my first 10lbs!!!!

Also... this site has a great list of success stories.... I always go here when I feel like I'm never going to get there... you know?
http://www.getting2goal.com/success/success.php
MamaToTomAndAlex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2008, 10:20 AM   #2  
Made of Starstuff

I lurk around the maintainers area It's like seeing my future self. Comforting, sobering, inspiring.
Lovely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2008, 10:36 AM   #3  
girl toward svelte

S/C/G: 196/ticker/150

Height: 5'10''

I like to step out on my patio and put things in perspective. Take a deep, clearing breath. Look at the trees sway. Listen to the traffic pass, the birds sing, the breeze go by. Look up at the sky and know you are a very small thing in the world, but you have goals, and you have a plan. This helps me simplify things for myself, and not feel overwhelmed by any urge to not follow my new lifestyle. Then I can step back inside and go about my happy day.
audreymonroe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2008, 10:38 AM   #4  
girl toward svelte

S/C/G: 196/ticker/150

Height: 5'10''

oops - I realize that this is the 100lb club forum - I just clicked on a cool "latest" post I saw. I hope I haven't annoyed anyone!
audreymonroe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2008, 10:45 AM   #5  
Made of Starstuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by audreymonroe View Post
oops - I realize that this is the 100lb club forum - I just clicked on a cool "latest" post I saw. I hope I haven't annoyed anyone!
Don't be silly. Everyone's welcome in the 100lb club!

Many of us are inspired by similar things regardless of how much weight we have to lose!
Lovely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2008, 10:52 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 261/252/145

3fc is very inspirational to me!
Schmoodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2008, 11:03 AM   #7  

Height: 5' 8"

You guys. That's what inspires me. I look at those of you who started out with further to travel to reach your goals than me and who have worked so hard and persevered - even if you aren't all the way there yet, you've still come further than I have - and it just sort of makes my challenges seem kind of insignificant. I hope this is coming across as being the compliment it is intended to be.
yoyonomoreinvegas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2008, 11:06 AM   #8  
Former Quitter

S/C/G: 310/310/180

Height: 5'7

Quote:
Originally Posted by audreymonroe View Post
No worries! We're not an "exclusive" club....everyone is welcome here.

I'm also a lurker on the maintainers thread. Those folks are awesome and I want to be just like them when I grow up!

Also, I'm inpired at the people here who refuse to give up no matter how many times they fall down. I can always count on them to post here and keep themselves and me accountable.

Last edited by GirlyGirlSebas; 03-25-2008 at 11:07 AM.
GirlyGirlSebas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2008, 11:12 AM   #9  
On Day at a Time

S/C/G: 293/293/165

Height: 6'

I'm inspired by every single person that posts. I know I'll have my good days and bad days, but coming here and seeing your successes, inspires me to keep going after my bad days. Thanks to all of you!
sarahdafiregal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2008, 11:39 AM   #10  
The Radiant One

S/C/G: 250/142/135

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faerie View Post
I lurk around the maintainers area It's like seeing my future self. Comforting, sobering, inspiring.

I'm a lurker there, too
fiberlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2008, 11:57 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 271/219/healthy

Height: 5'4 1/2"

One thing off hand that always inspires me is the thread "The one reason I will stay on plan today." A long while back - over six monthes ago - I was needing some support/help with my program. I somehow found 3fatchicks. It was the above mentioned thread that caught my attention. And everyday - I like to read it - or if I am struggling, sometimes I read a whole monthes worth of reasons to stay on plan. I can relate to so many things said there - and it often inspires and helps me.

Good question.
Beverlyjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2008, 12:18 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 240/ticker/120

Height: 5 foot 4

MamaToTomAndAlex – Thanks, I’m honored to be on your list of inspiration. I would love to take credit for “ I can’t lose 100lbs but I can lose 10 lbs 10 times” but I can’t since I seen it in a post when I 1st logged on to 3FC’s. (Years ago) It inspired me as it has you. I would also like to thank you. You inspired me today. I was feeling down about not making it to onelander (I’ve lost the same 40lbs too many times) this week. Then the nagging feeling of I bet I gain next week. So unproductive! I’m now feeling good and know I can do it!! What cute body guards you have! (My husband would tell my son (now 18) he was he was my bodyguard)
Now for my inspiration geez. Lessofsarahtolove who got me started on fitness and gave her all to help others with their journey. She was one amazing woman. I miss her dearly!! I think of her and her battle of cancer and how she continued to workout in spite of treatment effects! She never gave up! A huge lesson that kept me going with each regain. To redballoon – who inspired me with the song Break On Thought The Other Side – By the Doors. This is what inspires me to Onelander. Faerie , Fiberlover , SwimGirl, LuckyDucky, JasonsLea, scoobie74, Iwanawurkit, barbygirl43, KimL1214, patchymama, femme fatale, Kierra, chynnafarris, dandk0204, Darkblue , Sandi I could go on and on…. So will say thanks to everyone on 3FC’s a save haven and inspiration!
mezmerize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2008, 03:59 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 278/see ticker/168

Height: 5'6"

The NSV thread has always inspired me. When I had barely lost any weight, I would come here and just read the NSV thread and get tears in my eyes. It made me want it SO BAD. It still does.
Lyn2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2008, 04:19 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 225/221/120

All of you inspire me - you give such great support! My son inspires me --- I want to be a very active mom in his life. My fiance inspires me!
scoobie74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2008, 05:06 PM   #15  

S/C/G: high285/resrart276/ticker/140

Height: 5'3"

My biggest inspiration is how good I feel when I'm eating good! Not only does my body feel better, but I get this mental high that is kinda weird.... but I like it!
findingfawn is offline   Reply With Quote