Closed Thread

Old 02-10-2001, 04:00 AM   #1  

WOW, was that thread getting long! Figured it was about time for a new one.

Hope everyone is having a good day.

Susie & LaurieAnn - How's your first few days on your programs going?

Jessica - Have you gotten your program yet? How's Jet Start been treating you.

Di - I did keep the bars going the whole time I was loosing straight up till maintenance. Mainly for the same reasons you just stated. They really curbed that sweet tooth of mine and kept me from snacking. Spent a ton of $$$ on those things that's for sure. Other than those and trying the Trimax once I never bought any of their other products. Saw no point in it. I did it au-natural and that is the best way!!

Maggie - How are things going with you?

Mom - Seeing any difference with the Trimax yet?

Crystal - Weigh in tomorrow? Crossing my fingers for another good loss for you. Keep up those workouts and you'll start reaping the benefits.

Did I get everyone? I think I did. We've grown so much in the last couple weeks I'm still trying to get used to everyone.

Time to go make supper. Have a good night and weekend everyone.

Terry

[This message has been edited by shortstuff (edited 02-09-2001).]
Old 02-10-2001, 11:53 AM   #2  

Hi everyone
How everyone is doing GREAT!!! I was going to weigh in today, but, just couldn't find the time---maybe in the morning. I have been doing very well, and my clothes are getting nice and big on me. In fact, I had to roll over my pants today.
I am so HAPPY!!!!!!!!!!!
I went clothes shopping (Stern's is going out of business and things are 50% off. Anyway, I saw a beautiful light V-neck sweater. Ends up, it was kind of long. My body shape is the type that, no matter how much weight I lose, my legs and behind will ALWAYS be bigger than the rest of my body. IN fact, my ribs are started to come out. I have a small waist and upper body (nice size chest, though). So, this sweater in a 1X (used to have to buy a 2X) was alittle long and would have done nothing for my figure and would have made me look bigger than what I am. I now know that I need to flaunt my assets(because I am now feeling good about myself) I asked the salesgirl if they had anything like that particular sweater, but not as long. She said "You don't need a 1X-you need a large or MAYBE an XL." I was sooo happy that someone said that. It made me feel so great. It has beeen a few years since I have beeen able to buy something in a plus size. Well---the XL fit, and was actually slightly big--I think I could have gotten away with the large-but, it was a sweater, and there is not too much left of the winter to buy something that will fit me better next year.
I hope everyone is doing well. I don't think anyone, but Terry posted today. Hope the LA Express was ssuccessful.
GOing to sleep now--good night
Take Care
Margaret
Old 02-10-2001, 08:48 PM   #3  

Terry,

hi, I think I might notice a little less sweet craving with the trimax. Lets see if I can get through the weekend without a binge. I have been having 1-2/week for the past few weeks. Still stayed the same on Friday. I don't know, my scale showed a 1 lb loss. I think it is the darn TTOM, certainly not helping with this wicked sweet tooth. If only I could go back and be as good as I was in the beginning. I'll keep on keepin on, but a little dissappointed in myself.

Margaret great on the sweater, it is nice to go down in sizes. No more plus sizes wow that is a great feeling.
Old 02-10-2001, 08:50 PM   #4  

Well I guess I messed up,I missed the part where your not supposed to eat tuna or beef for 3 days after the Jet Start and I gained those 2 lbs back.Gosh I hope this diet works for me
------------------------------------------

Update:
But I went in this morning and had lost 2.5 since Thurs

[This message has been edited by LaurieAnnP (edited 02-10-2001).]
Old 02-10-2001, 09:37 PM   #5  

Hi to everyone. I have been doing pretty good. Have had some naseau. Don't know why. I know that I am not pregnant. I lost another 1/2 lb today. I am at 168.5, finally in the sixties. I will hopefully work my way into the 50 by march. But right now I have a small goal to lose 5 lbs this month. I am already half way there. I have really been talking to myself and changing the way I think. I know that is the only way I will make it. It is amazing what we say to ourselves when we pay attention. I could talk myself into quit at any moment. That is what I have done in the past. Not anymore.!! I will talk to you guys later. Have a great weekend.

Crystal
Old 02-10-2001, 10:30 PM   #6  

Hi went to LA yesterday and I gain 1 1/2 lbs after noy going there for two weeks. The counselor said that is not too bad.
Old 02-10-2001, 10:33 PM   #7  

Hi everybody! Margaret - way to go on the sweater!! I've already noticed my jeans/pants fitting better. I'm down 11 lbs. now. I'm sure the weight loss will slow down now but I'll be happy with just going in the right direction!! I did buy the bars in bulk. But I really do like them and I have a terrible sweet tooth so they satisfy that. I won't bother with any of the other stuff though. I find that I'm not as hungry on this plan. I had just come off of Nutrisystem (stuggled for almost 3 months with it) I was constantly craving food and hungry. Kept losing and gaining the same 5 lbs. This has been going so much better for me. It really helps that I have to go in 3 times a week. Keeps my "honest"!!
Well, hope everyone else is doing really well!
Old 02-12-2001, 01:12 AM   #8  

Hey everyone,

Hope you're all having a great OP weekend! Yesterday was hectic here, my son had a soccer game in the morning and then we had a b-day party for my daughter in the afternoon. Plus those of you on the east coast(which I think is most of us) know what that wind storm was like...I was up 1/2 the night Friday. So I was absolutely beat yesterday.

Maggie - Oh what a feeling when those clothes get too big!! Congratulations on crossing over out of those plus sizes. You must have been walking on air when you left the store.

Mom - Glad to hear you're seeing a difference with the TriMax. Hope you had a successful weekend!

LaurieAnn - Getting those dos & don't combos down won't take long. Glad to see your weightloss rebounded nicely. Congrats!

Crystal - Congrast on the 1/2lb loss! You can get down into those 150's. Just keep talking to yourself, what ever your telling yourself is working!!!

Hema - Don't worry about the gain, you'll see the scale head back down next time!

Susie - WOW! Down 11 already! That's really terrific. You never know it may not slow down all that much, maybe this is just the right eating combination for you. I liked weighing in three times a week too for the same reason. No room for little incidental cheats.

Time to go tackle laundry (AGAIN). Its just a never ending battle it seems. I think its bad now wait till my hubby comes home in May after not doing his laundry for a year. UGGH!!!!

Later,
Terry

Old 02-12-2001, 07:00 AM   #9  
Spicy Chick

Hi everyone: boy our thread is soo busy now, I can't keep up with the names.
I weighed in Saturday, I was up a 1.5, I know at least 1/2 lb was fluid retention, I was sick Friday, really bloated and gassy, sorry for the details!!
Congrats Crystal on your loss,,,you go girl!!
Terry: your children keep you stepping, it is so nice you can spend so much quality time with them, it means alot when they are young.
Even tho I am bouncing around with 2lbs the last few weeks, my clothes are fitting good, I am also out of plus sized clothing, I really only had to buy plus sized tops before because my lower body is small, but it feels good to wear a large sweater instead of a 1x or 2x..
Take care everyone..keep up the good work on your lifestyle changes..
Old 02-12-2001, 07:06 PM   #10  

Hi all,

I had a successful weekend. the trimax does seem to curb the cravings for me. Yesterday, I had 2 birthday parties with my son from 10-4, I ate breakfast and packed an apple and LA lite for lunch. I also took the TRI-Max at about 1pm. I didn't eat anything at the parties but my apple and LA lite!!! I was really pleased to pass up bagels, chicken nuggets, chips, cake 2x, and pizza. I hope the scale is nice to me, I plan to go before I work out this morning. I'll check in again later and let you know the results. Glad to see everyone doing so well. Bye for now
Old 02-12-2001, 09:47 PM   #11  

The scale was very nice. 3 lb loss!!! I am really excited. Hope to see another small loss. According to my counselor I have 12 paid weeks left to take off 25# to get to stabilization. I'm feeling a little pressured, I hope I can do it.
Old 02-13-2001, 12:36 AM   #12  

Hi everyone!!

Got back from the gym a bit ago. I'm changing my workouts up a bit. I'm only going to the gym M/W/F and doing upper and lower body weights each day. And on T/T/S I'll be doing cardio(my TaeBo) right here at home. I needed to start freeing up some time. I love my workouts but it was starting to get all consuming and that's not good, don't want to risk getting burnt out.

Di - I love being able to be a stay at home mom and taxi my kids around to all their activities. Especially with my husband being gone, its so important that I'm here for them. We figure a busy kid is a kid who stays out of trouble. Sounds like your workouts are doing their job if you're clothes are fitting better. Sometimes its more important how you feel and how your clothes fit than what the scale says.

Mom - WOW!!! Down 3lbs! Looks like that TriMax is really working for you. 25lbs in 12 weeks is a very doable number. That's an average of about 2lbs a week. Stay focused and keep taking that TriMax and I'll bet you'll do it.

Hope everyone else had a good weekend. Stop in and say hello!

Time for me to run for now. Have a good one!

Terry
Old 02-14-2001, 01:33 AM   #13  

Hi everyone. It's been awhile since I've been able to check in...but I hope to do better. Just got done reading all of the latest posts and it sounds like everyone is doing pretty well!! I weighed in this AM and was happy to finally break my plateau. I was down a couple of pounds since Friday (82.5 since 9/15/00.) Needless to say, I was very pleased. I also got into a smaller size of jeans this weekend, and they were actually comfortable. This is a big stepin the right direction for me--a few months ago I couldn't find a pair of jeans to fit me! I have already bought the next size down (size 20), so getting into them is my next short term goal.
Good luck to everyone this week and have a Happy Valentine's Day! I am so glad my husband is supportive of me in my efforts to lose weight. He promised to get me something other than chocolate for V. Day!!
Jennifer
Old 02-14-2001, 05:56 AM   #14  

Hi everyone
Just a short note (I am not feeling too good-achy) and I thinkI am going to have a cup of tea (and of course my nightly bar) and hit the hay!!
I am VERY excited I lost 3 1/2 pounds since last Wednesday--I weighed in yesterday morning. The total now is 37 1/2!!!
I am down 2 sizes already and that is getting loose on me. I am not going to run out right away and buy the smaller size, because spring is coming and so is my trip. I am so excited. I booked it last night-we are leaving March 15th. I feel bad for not being here for St. Patrick's Day, but, there is a great parade in my town and my sons' school is marching, and of course he wants to. I usually go into Manhatttan (1/2 HR) for the parade, but,there is always next year. Also, being that it on a Saturday, it will be mobbed.
Anyway, I had a goal of losing 10 pounds and hopefully one more size before the trip-but, I have already lost 5 pounds--I guess my goal is NOW to lose 15 pounds for the trip!! I think I can do it-only 10 pounds in the next month. Please cheer me on!!
QUESTION: How many pounds does the average person have/usually lose to go down one size?
Just wondering. I know in the beginning, it is close to 20 because of all the water weight and if your clothes are tight to begin with (hehe)--we are ALL guilty of that.
Of course, as usual I have babbled on and on
Going to bed now. Weigh in tomorrow--will let you know how I did--hopefully good.
Take Care
Margaret
Old 02-14-2001, 10:26 AM   #15  

SusieQue, What was your starting weight? I'm just curious as to why your losing so much faster than me when we started on the same day.I'm still on the same 2.5lbs
Closed Thread