Old 03-22-2008, 07:02 AM   #1  

Default The Last Leg of the Race

Hello All, I'm getting so incredibly close to my goal I can taste it!...lol. I haven't been my current weight since the 7th grade, so it's taking a lot of getting used to, but I love my new body more and more everyday.

But I'm dealing with a couple of issues. How do you press through those last 20 or so pounds? How do I need to change up my routine and eating habits so that I reach my goal? I've lost all of my weight working out at home and running during the summer and fall months, which I will resume once the weather warms up. I really need to revv my engine up and keep going because for a while I was starting to feel like I'm ok with my weight right where it is, but on the other hand I'm 5'3 and I need to lose some more. So I'm not sure if this ambivalence is my fear of reaching the original goal I set for myself or truly being comfortable where I am.

Has anyone else gone through this?
lola06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2008, 09:21 AM   #2  
The Radiant One

S/C/G: 250/142/135

Height: 5'2"

lola - you are doing so great!! I hear you about being close to the home stretch.
Are you exercising already? If you have not added strength training to your life, you really should start.

You might want to pop over to the maintainers board. Those posts there are very inspiring to me, and many of them can give you advice on pushing across the finish line.
fiberlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2008, 10:53 AM   #3  

Height: 5'8"

Lola,
I have no advice - nowhere near where you are! But I do have a question ... how long did it take you to lose your 92 pounds? You are an inspiration!

Congradulations! btw.
Tonia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2008, 11:25 AM   #4  
Former Quitter

S/C/G: 310/310/180

Height: 5'7

Lola, Congratulations! You are doing so very well.

I have no advice for you. As you can see from my ticker, I have quite a ways to go. Hopefully, some of our maintainers will respond. Maybe you should post something over there on their thread. You might get more answers.

PS. Just realized that Lori already recommended this.

Last edited by GirlyGirlSebas; 03-22-2008 at 11:25 AM.
GirlyGirlSebas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2008, 11:27 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 261/252/145

Height: 5'4"

I'm not there yet either, so no advice from me, but just wanted to say what a great thing you've accomplished!
Schmoodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2008, 02:16 AM   #6  

Thanks ladies so much for the encouragement! It really does mean a lot. I want to encourage all of you to keep going, the journey really is worth it. I think I will do a post in the maintainers forum.

Tonia, once I actually got focused and serious about losing weight it took me 11 months to get where I am now.
lola06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2008, 11:05 AM   #7  
Have you had The Surgery?

S/C/G: 510/225.4/199

Height: 69.09"

Lola, when you get the answer, please let me know! I have been hlding onto my last 30 for ages.

Of course it is my fault. I have become lazy with the diet (stopped journaling, eating more then I allowed myself), and slacking off at the gym (2 jobs = lack of sleep get in the way). I am having "problems" losing the last 30, but I haven't gained anything either. I am educating myself nowadays on what it will be to maintain if/when I get to goal.
FresnoBeeDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2008, 11:15 AM   #8  
Kerry ~ TBL Red Team!

S/C/G: 236/194.6/135

Height: 5'4"

92 is incredible! I wish I could give you advice, but I've not got there yet.... ... I just wanted to congratulate you on what a phenomenal job you've done so far

MamaToTomAndAlex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2008, 01:47 PM   #9  

Height: 5'5"

Thank you for posting this, Lola. Interestingly enough, I am almost exactly where you are with current weight and goal weight (and not far from your strating weight, either!), and am also interested in this topic. I am really hoping the warm weather with its opportunity to be outside and walk or bike everywhere instead of drive, coupled with the availability of yummy summer produce, will push me over the line. I am going to peek in the maintainer's thread to see what advice you're getting there, though. I can't wait to push throught this together!
LaurieDawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2008, 03:21 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 271/219/healthy

Height: 5'4 1/2"

WOW.....while I don't have the answer, I want to congratulate you on this wonderful accomplishment. Good luck on those last few pounds. You CAN do it!
Beverlyjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2008, 04:50 AM   #11  
gonna win the thin!

S/C/G: 270/see ticker/160

Height: 5 feet 5 inches

i always get so happy for people when they are so close to goal. you are so inspiring! good luck, i know you can do it!
math puppy is offline   Reply With Quote