Old 03-22-2008, 08:46 PM   #1  
Blue Team Member

S/C/G: 297/229/150

Height: 5'5/168cm

Default DIET BUDDIES everyone welcome

Ok, here goes...

After reading a few posts asking for Diet buddies i decided to make a thread for it..

I really like the diet buddy thing its works well for me on another forum.. and i have made some great friends..

It really doesnt matter what plan your following how old you are or how much you need to loose diet buddies is about staying on track making friends and having a great time ..

We want to hear from you whether your on target or not.. having good day bad days , Great days or silly moments..

About me .. im a 27 year old mum SAHM of two .. We live in Adelaide South Australia .. I have struggled with my weight for years .. and have been there done that before only to gain it all back again.. and some.. lol .

So im here to lose weight for life.. i want to be healthy, happy and not guilty.. im Calorie couting with the assistance of Calorie King and finding it a very useful tool.. I exercise most days for 20- 50 minutes .. This time i strted in december last year and so far have lost 17 pounds .. slow and steady wins the race. lol. Im am happy losing 0.5- 1 pound a week .. I have the two kids to run after so cant afford to get run down on stupid diets lol .. i have a plan of 1700ish cals a day
exercise most days
drink heaps of water
gets lots of sleep
take a good mutli vitamin

and have fun.. treats .. are ok as long as they are with in cal limits and only once a week .. so that it about all i ahev to start this thread with since its easter sunday here and i need to get the kids ready to go out for lunch .. oh btw calories today dont count.. lol i just wont be stupid..
amouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2008, 09:20 PM   #2  
[url=http://www.3fatchick

S/C/G: 240/235/115

Height: 5'3

Thanxs a bunch for the advice earlier. Most people around me don't struggle with weight issues so they don't really understand. I'm 28yrs young and have always gone up & down in weight. Now that I'm older though its been tough keeping it off. I live in South Carolina (US) now but I from New York City.
smilingk79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2008, 09:21 PM   #3  
Captain Prescriptivism

S/C/G: 235/180/135

Height: 5'3"

I'm 16 (17 in two weeks), and I've always been chubby, and nearly always been very fat. Since this fall I've lost 35 pounds, but I also recently lost more and gained it back in record time. Today was sort of ups and downs for me. I jogged for... quite a bit, then realized my legs were near collapse and had to walk back. I still went about 9 miles total, which means I burned about 1200 calories, which I can't object to.

Of course, my eating has been far from exemplary. I've had two pieces of pizza, some ice cream, a bowl of pineapple, a piece of cornbread, as well as a salad with feta cheese for dinner and a cup of diet hot chocolate afterwards. So... yeah. Not great. Probably didn't make me gain weight, but quite possibly not in the range to lose weight either. So that was a bit depressing. And the other depressing thing was looking at photos that were taken of me by friends during a recent vacation- despite weighing 35 pounds less, I look extraordinarily fat. But the plus side of that is that sad as it is, I'm only really able to lose weight when I'm disgusted with the way I look.

So yeah. Just wanted to vent a little.
ImpalaHoarder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2008, 09:36 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 215/TICKER/140

Height: 5'7"

What a good idea! It's so much easier to concentrate on reaching your ultimate goals when you have a bunch of people to help cheer you on! Thanks for the thread Amouse!

Okay, about me:

I'm 20 years old. I'm a college student and taking a ton of credit hours! Keeping up with school is like a full-time job plus some, and then I work part-time on the weekends where I just sit on my butt, watch security cameras, check people into the building, and do my homework.

I am really really really tired of being overweight and having self-esteem issues because of it (well, a major cause of it anyway). I am tired of having no control over what I shovel into my mouth. I am ready to take control back!

I've been doing really well since I kicked my body into gear with the healthy eating/exercising strategy. I'm not too concerned with calories (I eat when I'm hungry) but I do try to get enough protein in (carbs and fats are NO problem for me!)

The thing I want most is to be in shape and look fantastic. I am sick and tired of thinking of myself as fat and ugly.

I will lose 75 pounds by my 22nd birthday (June 2009) or before then (preferebly)...no excuses!

Thanks for reading!

-Liz.

Last edited by OnlyMeantWell; 03-22-2008 at 09:37 PM.
OnlyMeantWell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2008, 09:46 PM   #5  
Blue Team Member

fantastic its great to have you guys on board welcomr to diet buddies.. Im gonna have text book ummm bad day .. well not all bad it is easter sunday here i have stuck to my goals all week and have relost the 4 pounds i put on last month when i was unwell so all in all not a bad week at all .. i will feel guilty laster even though i dont want too but hey easter sunday .. i plan on gving any chocolate i get given to my kids ) lol i know evil arent i.. the kids dont need it either.. My duaghter is like me and she is only 3 she puts in wieght very easily.. and when she is heavy she is very moody.. just like me.. lol .. So my family is getting healthy together so we can all be happy.. being overweight is not fun no matter what you age.. even 3 lol .. anyway gotta go .. 12.16 and im due at the aunties at 12.45 and im still in my pj's lol.. oops .. hahahaha
Old 03-22-2008, 11:17 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 215/TICKER/140

Height: 5'7"

Oh you all in Australia get Easter before us

Actually, the funny thing is I'm Greek Orthodox, and our Easter Sunday isn't until April 27th I believe..so I still have a long time coming before I have that terrible temptation creep up on me.

Although, I will go over to my boyfriend's house tomorrow night for Easter dinner (he is Catholic) so I hope to make really good choices there. I was thinking about eating before I went so I was full but I think that it is time for me to learn how to make good decisions in bad food situations. So here goes nothing!

One slip day won't kill you just as long as you get right back OP and go exercise!
OnlyMeantWell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2008, 05:47 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 68/68/59

Height: 163cm

Hi Ladies,
It sounds like many of us women around the world struggle with the same thing! I am 27, very fit, run up to 8kms 3 times a week and swim etc...but am totally out of control with binge eating (no purging, so not a technical eating disorder!). This has been a haunting presence in my life for as long as I can remember. I really have a wonderful life - teach at a great school, have a wonderful partner and live near Bondi Beach. But as soon as I become tired or mildly stressed I reach for food! How to stop? Self control is the key, but it is so difficult to find people who really understand and are totally non-judgemental. Perhaps this thread is the place? I'd like to get to a point where I easily fit into a size 10, but most of all I want to regain control over my life.
Does anybody else have the same battle? How do you deal with it?
Looking forward to seeing how you all go and hoping we can make it!
Laura
Laura3181 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2008, 07:50 AM   #8  
Blue Team Member

laura i think we all struggle with that one.. to a certain degree. my trigger is stress in particular if my kids are sick .. i eat crap then.. I stop caring about myself complelety and turn all my attention on them .. This is one thing i really struggle with, but i spose with time it will get better . (long whiny post warning)

My daughter has been sick alot .. she has allergies and always finds new things to be allergic too.. cats, dog, medicine, immunisations, food additive, preservatives, grass.... lol .. To make it short she has hayfever and has chemical and airborn allergies.. which has made he very sick in her 3 years and has spent many days in hospital as a result.. ( id say close to a month iff you add it all up .. plus the added up days she suffered probably 2 out of the 3 years she has been alive lol ) So yes i binge.. and since my lil girl gets soo sick i get very stressed out .. when her skin is on fire her arms look like popeyes arms and so do her legs and she is starting to have trouble breathing.. ..

so now you see how i got to 131 kilos... i started to lose weight again in December and though leah has been unwell a few times since .. i havent faired to badly in now 123 kilos.. and having the support of online peeps make it easier for me to think before shoveling food .. lol..

anyway ^ that is how i got so fat ,food is how i coped with stress and as you can tell its not working well for me... lol I still find myself looming towards the kitchen when im stressed but have found a few new things to do.. instead.. a pissed off workout is always a very vigereous one.. lol .. windows become very clean when pissed .. and even the dog is happy to go for a walk and listen to me whine about hubby/ kids.. he always listens... lol.. when i upset .. i have been having a hot shower .. going out .. ringing a friend or just layed in bed for a while to clear my head.. all of which are better then binging.. lol i spose we just have to come up with new ways to cope.. with everyday stresses..

Last edited by amouse; 03-23-2008 at 06:55 PM.
Old 03-23-2008, 07:59 AM   #9  
Blue Team Member

lol just thought id say happy easter.. after my big whinge post lol...

i had agreat day today no exercise but i managed to stay below 2000 calories.. and for easter sunday .. im very pleased with that

The kids had a ball . they go in the pool and splashed about all afternoon .. the poeple wer fab the food was great and we all had fun..

Atm however im waiting fo a doctor to come around.. The kids went to bed at 6.30 and at 7.30 Cameron (7) got up crying .. he has a bad earache.. i thnk he must have got water in his ears.. well anyway he is a tough boy and he was balling his eyes out . so i have called them.. and it is now 10.30.. he is asleep on about 9 pillows becuase laying down made it really hurt and im sitting on her whineing .. and telling you all the crap about my past lol.. Hey .. if it wasn't for the doctor taking so long i wouldn't be on here i would be in bed.. lol .. and then you guys wouldn't have to read my long boring dribble above .. lmao..
OH well it was still a great day today If my hubby was home i could have just Taken cam down the after hours centre but.. he is working away .. so i cant win.. i just wait.. .. ok i promise ill shut up now.... lol
Old 03-23-2008, 07:27 PM   #10  
Blue Team Member

The doctor came in at midnight... yawnnn .. lol and both Camerons ears are infected.. lol poor kid.. he gave us a script for antibiotics.. So today i will hunt the country side for a chemist open on this public holiday monday lol .. I hope he will be ok to go to school tommorrow.. he loves school Well its 10 am here and i still havent had breakfast so i will go and have some lol .. have a great day
Old 03-24-2008, 04:27 AM   #11  
Blue Team Member

ok i know its easter sunday for everyone else but today here is monday i have had a great day despite being tired.. i did 30 minutes on the elliptical..

and had 1679 cals for the day .. my weight is still the same so no damage done over easter at all .. I put Cameron to bed at 5.30 since he was very tired.. and he went to sleep .. his little sister is still hanging around.. lol 3 year old staying up 2 hours more then a 7 year old where is the justice in that... lmao .. anywa .. im off to go clean up the dinner dishes night all
Old 03-24-2008, 08:43 PM   #12  
Shrewkate the Study Geek

S/C/G: 227 / 217 / 200 (TEN!! WHEE!!)

Height: 5'6"

Oooh, Amy, Adelaide! You've got some lovely territory there. And a lot of countryside to search.

Liz -- what're you studying? How close are you to finishing?

Impala -- gotta admire your drive! Wish I'd had it when I was your age.

So, I'm a 35 y.o. grad student in Atlanta, GA, studying political science. I work as a research assistant for a complete nutjob, and he drives me to (a) drink (in moderation) and (b) nosh (in less moderation, alas.)

I am neither married nor have children: I have dogs -- Jojo, the Belgian Tervuren, 12, and Halifax the retriever mix, 3 -- and 3 cats -- Satu, Dundee and Hawkeye.

Today sucked like a hoover: blocked drain in the shower (ankle high water. Ugh!!), followed by mad dash down to library at school (running late), frantic search for parking (only just found one) -- and then a 6 block hike to library (yay exercise?).

Get to library. Find I have no purse. Wave down classmate -- explain -- go back to care (another mad dash -- it was windy and cold here today!)

No purse.

Expletives ensued.

Drove home, gave up on getting to class (Boo!) and worked on finding purse (finally found).

Found insane e-mail from nutjob professor saying 'Come over here for your key right now.' Uhm. Hi, even if I'd -been- there I would have been in class, I -wasn't- there, and finally, 'come over right now?' Do I -=LOOK=- like my retriever? Even -he- doesn't fetch!!!

I guess on the upside I got an unexpected 12 block dash?

How're your days going, buddies?
shrewkate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2008, 03:31 AM   #13  
Blue Team Member

Kate what a laugh you have given me lol. 12 blocks in record time eh.. well there is a postive... but the prof is a bit of an *** .. ho rude is that .. you know my dad always had a saying about really smart people ... they got alot of dollars but not alot on sense.. As in common sense , and human relations like most of us ..

Anyway welcome to buddies . Im very glad you have joined us I beleive the others are still recovering from easter.. lol

I had a quiet day today Camerons ear still hurts so he has spent all day on the couch in his pjs...... omg.. i cant belaive it ..... its actually raining.... wow i dont think it has rained since november last year.. yippee whats left or my garden might actually survive... .. oops back on task lol Cam spent all day on the couch watching tv in his pjs.. Leah has spent most of the day playing in her bedroom .. and i have been washing my floors tidying up the toys and sorting out washing.... I also managed to get a 45 minute 9 km workout on the elliptical .. and im pretty pleased with that my cals for today are 1764..

Leah just called Cameron and asked hi what is making that funny noise.... hahahha .. Cameron told her.. its actually raining Lolly .. lol... its already slowing down.. omg 3 minutes of rain and its gonna stop.. that is sad.. i hope it starts again.
Old 03-26-2008, 09:21 PM   #14  
Shrewkate the Study Geek

S/C/G: 227 / 217 / 200 (TEN!! WHEE!!)

Height: 5'6"

Happy Wednesday! I got to corrupt undergraduates in their International Law class today -- 2 hours, non stop standing and moving! Also, kept on plan for food!

How'd y'all do?
shrewkate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2008, 06:48 PM   #15  
Blue Team Member

I had a good day yestereday i mananged to stay away from the chocolate for ther first time since easter lol .. I was gettinh really anoyed with my self over that one lol anyway . my calories were on target and i did a 50 minute workout so no complaints here . Last night i spoke to my hubby for the first time on his new laptop it was great. We both have webcams so we sat back relaxed and had a great chat . It was like he was in the room with me We were up till past midnight chatting lol.. oops considering he had to get up at 5 am this morning..for work . It hard having him away from home.. but im happy thekids can now hear and see there daddy Especially little Leah becuase she hate the telephone.