Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 03-22-2008, 03:35 PM   #1  
needs constant reminding

S/C/G: 164/maintenance since 8/08

Height: 5'4"

Default Just a little rant

Please forgive me for my little rant and rave. I want to get onto the treadmill today. My DH got up with the kids at 6am. I took over at 7:30 and gave them bkfst, then took them to karate and returned at 11am to find him in his pajama (in his defense, he did clean the bathroom). I then gave them lunch, put them down for a rest. (He showered) I left the house to buy the kids this thing they are driving me crazy for and also new towels (which DH really wanted).
I requested that next weekend he go to the gym when I was out with the kids or was ready to take them with him so he could put them in babysitting while he was at the gym and I used the treadmill. He said he might not be in the mood at that time... he'd do his best.
It is now 3:40and I am getting a little crazy that my workout will not happen. SO he volunteered to take the kids to the park w/o me (we were headed there together) and said, "don't blame me for holding you back!"
Whew, i'm learning if I don't demand the opportunity it will not be handed to me.
I'm off to our treadmill. Thx for listening!!!

Last edited by kittycat40; 03-22-2008 at 03:38 PM.
kittycat40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2008, 07:37 PM   #2  
Made of Starstuff

It's okay to make a little time for yourself to exercise. Even if it means asking for your husband to look after the kids for a few.
Lovely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2008, 07:57 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 215/TICKER/140

Height: 5'7"

When it comes to weight loss, you have to make time for you, even if it means making your husband take on a little more responsibility with the kids, or missing out on a day at the park with the kiddies (although, that could turn into exercise). You have to take care of yourself before you take care of anyone else. Good for you!!!
OnlyMeantWell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2008, 10:13 PM   #4  
No description available.

Yeah, Kitty!

It is so hard to juggle everything, but it is worth it. I am proud of you for putting you first in this small way. A healthy mama is so important for the family. You are worth it!!!!
midwife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2008, 11:11 PM   #5  
needs constant reminding

S/C/G: 164/maintenance since 8/08

Height: 5'4"

Thanks girls, I felt a little indulgent putting out this post.
BTW, he came home cranky and put out, but I handled it just fine b/c I just had a great work-out!

(I have a 6 year old, twin 4 year olds, and a toddler who is 22 months-- all boys! delicious- but demanding of time and effort, of course....)

WE just came home from a dinner out> I did great on my plan-- grilled seafood main and tuna tartar app.

night night!!
kittycat40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2008, 10:14 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 215/TICKER/140

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by kittycat40 View Post
Thanks girls, I felt a little indulgent putting out this post.
BTW, he came home cranky and put out, but I handled it just fine b/c I just had a great work-out!

(I have a 6 year old, twin 4 year olds, and a toddler who is 22 months-- all boys! delicious- but demanding of time and effort, of course....)
Oh my gosh! I bet he was a little cranky hehehe
OnlyMeantWell is offline   Reply With Quote