Closed Thread

Old 03-19-2008, 09:39 PM   #1  
GmaTo8

Smile Weight Loss & Chitchat #291

Hello and to the Jaded Ladies site!

We are a group of ladies that come here for support and encouragement on our weight loss struggles, and we also find time for some chitchatting. So please, won't you join us? New members are always welcome.
Old 03-19-2008, 09:57 PM   #2  
GmaTo8

Hi ladies,

Debbie - a big welcome to you. Just jump right in, and tell us more about yourself.

Ellen - I think you'll be back on track soon. If you like chocolate pudding, the s/f - f/f Jello kind that you cook is so good. Much better than the instant kind. One of the other JLs (Katiecat) told me about it. Mmmmm

Tammy - good to read that your lip will be ok. I had to smile with understanding about the "girls" going south. Mine went south awhile back, after 3 children and too much yo-yo dieting.

Sassy - I just got my GH magazine in the mail yesterday, and read the Geneen Roth article. It was great! She has so many good books. I'm glad the McKenna plan is working for you.

Mindee - Mary's twins that are in K are reading. They sound out their words, and it's so amazing what all they can read! We used to spell words out when we didn't want them to know what's going on, but they use phonics to decipher them now! Hmmm, I think I need a blindfold, too! I'd probably have a lot of food on my shirt, lol.

Francie - yay for the refund! I hope they actually follow through what they promised.

Marti - Spring break is now for the schools here. Wow, I'd like to have a wall oven. Actually, I'd like to have a double one. With Mary living as close as she does, sometimes I use hers when I need 2 at one time, and she does the same. How was the choir program? Yes, please share pics of our Jhanai!

Sue - glub, glub, glub, we're about to drown here in S. In! The Wabash and White Rivers are past flood stage, and it's a mess in my driveway. Speaking of water - a big YAY for dropping the water weight.

Jules - wowza, I'd go for as many massages as the insurance pays for, if I were you. Love the avatar!

My nephew just left. He's a barber and trimmed Neal's hair for him. Saved Neal from having to sit in a barbershop too long. I didn't get the ironing done, but I sure had fun with the grandkids, lol. First things first, right?

I'm doing well with the food. I made a light chicken salad today, heavy on the veggies and just a little Miracle Whip. Regular MW is only 45 calories a Tablespoon, though. That's not too bad.

Tomorrow, believe it or not, Neal is going to give a test at the college. He isn't up to teaching an entire lecture, but is just giving a test. I'm his driver, lol, since he still has weakness in his right leg. Afterward, we're having lunch out.

TTYL,

Last edited by Jane; 03-19-2008 at 10:00 PM.
Old 03-20-2008, 12:37 AM   #3  
I was born this way hey!

S/C/G: Not telling/Shh/150

Height: 5'3

Mindee~I sooooooooooooooo want that dvd!!!!! Where did you get it at??? I LOVE the Biggest Loser (even though this is the first time I've watched it, lol.) Well..I'm not too happy with it now, they voted off my fave person Fonzo and I dont even wanna watch it anymore cuz we're so bummed...

Jane~I hope it comes through like they said it would. Fonzo said he's gonna buy my birthday present while he's in San Diego!! I cant wait!!!!

Anyhoo..nothing much is going on with me. I had an off day today. I ate 3 cookies from McDonalds and then I had a hot dog for dinner, lol. But it was a kosher dog, and I only had one. It was sooooo good though, I couldnt help it, lol. Oh well..I had a good workout afterwards. I think something is wrong with my email. I get keep messages on myspace, but I dont get the email alert, and it is working. I'll probably have like 200 emails in the morning, lol. Well..I'm gonna go watch the rest of Law & Order.

Last edited by Shopaholic1204; 03-20-2008 at 12:41 AM.
Old 03-20-2008, 01:24 AM   #4  
starting over again......

S/C/G: 261.4/261.4/200

Height: 5'4"

just popping in here to check in on every one!

Jane~ I would be the same way. But I figured, if I eat slowly and put my fork and knife down (like was mentioned on the TLC show) and my blindfold on.....then I know that I can savor the flavor and not see exactly how much was on my plate and how much I ate! I think I might have to try it out to see if it works!

Francie~ I got it from our local Meijer's store, which is just like a Wal-Mart store. It was only $10 too! They also have a Power Sculpt dvd and if you use the PS and the CM at the same time for the same six week period, you will get amazing results. So, I have been keeping my eye out for the PS dvd!

I watched the BL last season, but when they start this one with the couples, I really wasn't that too into it. I think it was because it seemed like as soon as last season's ended.....the next one started.
Old 03-20-2008, 10:23 AM   #5  
I was born this way hey!

Woohoo!! I'm reading Confessions of a Shopaholic for the trillionth time!! LoL!! Now I just gotta find books 2, 4, & 5 and I will read them all back to back again.
Old 03-20-2008, 12:02 PM   #6  

Height: 5'1"

Morning ladies.

I went to bed early last night and finally got more than 3-4 hrs of sleep! Now I'm just waiting for the coffee to brew!!

Plans for today are to eat sensibly and get my walking/jogging in tonight. Must keep up the exercise.

Sue--
Our house is next to an drainage alley way. And it's been getting pretty full in there. I'm looking forward to the dry days thats for sure. I need to tend to the yard! I would love to go see Carrie Underwood in concert, she's one of the good ones from American Idol.

Jules--I would love to have my company pay for a massage/chiro combo! I hope you get in there and get yourself massaged a little. And hopefully the stiff neck will go away.

Francie--How is your tooth feeling? Are you able to keep the pain at a minimal?

Mindee--I watch BL too, I pretty much like watching the end after someone has gone home, to see how much they've lost since leaving the ranch.

Jane--Giving a test? What is Neal thinking?? Probably that he's tired of laying around waiting to heal.....make sure the man doesn't over do it.

Ok....need to get some coffee and breakfast. Then get ready for work.

Have a great day ladies!!
Old 03-20-2008, 12:22 PM   #7  
I was born this way hey!

Marti~It was okay..until I woke up 10 seconds after Fonzo left for work at 5am!! It was HURTING!!!!!!!! My head was hurting, and my ear was hurting because of it. I took some advil, so it doesnt hurt right now. I dont think I'll be able to get an appt. Fonzo is leaving tomorrow. I know it sounds lame..but I need him at my appointments or I'll get panic attacks.

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr I just realized that I need to wash all of Fonzo's clothes today!! He has no more white shirts!!!!!!! I dont wanna do it, lol.

Last edited by Shopaholic1204; 03-20-2008 at 12:23 PM.
Old 03-20-2008, 01:33 PM   #8  
GmaTo8

Hi ladies,

Francie - have you been to San Diego? It's so beatiful there, and one of the cleanest towns I've seen. Hmmm... wonder what your sweetie will buy for you? Did you give him a hint what you'd like?

Mindee - you are doing well in trying these new things. Way to go!

Marti - yep, he gave the test, and was there for just over an hour. When I picked him up, he was happy as could be, after talking with the other profs for awhile. Did him some good, but I have to say I was worried the whole time he was at school.

Ah, the sun is shining, and it's 50 degrees outside. Neal and I had lunch out, and I stayed within my points range. I got carrots for my veggie, then found out they had brown sugar on them. So I had green beans instead.

A contractor is coming to install my new storm door. Did I even tell you that the last one broke from high winds? What a crash that was!

Gotta surf, see ya later.
Old 03-20-2008, 02:02 PM   #9  
I was born this way hey!

Jane~Oh ya, I've been to San Diego before. I'm from Az, so we used to drive there often. The ship used to be stationed there, so I'd visit Dh there(he was my bf then) when he wasnt in Az visiting me. The last time I was in San Diego was late 2006, when I got my first tattoo We're hoping to get orders there now. And yes I gave him a hint. I told him I wanted a Juicy purse. But we'll see. The last time he was in SD, he came home with this pink Coach purse, its sooooooooo pretty(it was a get all present). He has ways of surpising me. I LOVE San Diego!! I love the beach!!!!!!! I miss it.

Anyhoo..I'm sooooooooo bored & tired right now. I have no motivation to do anything. I wanna go back to bed, but I dont wanna sleep the day away. I should be doing laundry, but I really dont feel like it, lol. Maybe its cuz I dont want Fonzo to leave. I've been singing "Blue, navy blue, I'm as blue as I can be/'cause my steady boy said "Ship ahoy"/And joined the Nay-ee-ay-vee" and "Kiss me, sailor, before you go out the door/ Whoa whoa, bye bye sailor boy/ cause its Anchors aweigh once more " all morning. I know he's not gonna be gone long..I've been saying it over and over. But I hate it when he's gone. He just got back from a deployment 7 months ago!!!!!!!!!! Okay..I'm gonna go calm down in front of the tv before I start to cry. Sorry for whinning.
Old 03-20-2008, 11:47 PM   #10  
I can dream, can't I?

Height: 5'5"

Quick "hi." Wanted to say ...we had sunshine and 50* today. YAY. I walked 2 miles...hey, it's a start. I am starting to feel better, less grumpy anyway. Now to work on the stress level.

I will be back with indies tomorrow.
Old 03-20-2008, 11:49 PM   #11  
I can dream, can't I?

Height: 5'5"

I wanna go to San Diego. Talked to "baby boy" from out there today. He will be 28 tomorrow and I told him I can't figure how he is getting so old when I am not.
Old 03-21-2008, 01:06 AM   #12  

hello there you fine young ladies! how are you all doing?

nothing really new on this end. I did however step on the scale on Thursday AFTER eating breakfast and doing my workout! It said 234.4! I had to step on it a second time to make sure my eyes weren't playing tricks on me! I finally watched my "I Can Make You Thin" program. I will be watching/taping that from here on out! He had some great pointers and I plan to incorporate them into my every day living!

Brandon had a great last day before Spring Break on Thursday! They were suppose to have watched a movie and ate pizza. But I am not sure if they did or not because his teacher didn't send a note home. But I did ask him if they watched a movie and he told me yeah. So, I asked him what the name of the movie was that they watched and he told me "joseph." So, I don't know if that was a characters name or if it was in the title. I was going to send his teacher an email to see what they watched, but I didn't get a chance to. He got a monkey on a spring during class, I think. And then when I got him off the bus, his bus driver gave him a little Easter goody bag! He loved it and it was really nice of her to do that for him. It had a bunny on a spring. a lamb ring, bunny glasses, and a gummy bunny in the bag.

Jane~ Thanks for the nice words! I just need to work more on trying new vegetables. I only seem to eat corn because I am afraid to try anything else......BUT I will eat them if they are mixed into my food and I don't know it. So, I guess that is my stepping stone!
Old 03-21-2008, 02:05 AM   #13  

Height: 5'1"

Evening ladies!

We had snow in our rain today! Can you believe it? First day of Spring and we have rain/snow showers.

Well today went well w/food and exercise. Feeling pretty good about it and will continue with the routine I have going.

Tomorrow I have to go in to work early (again!) because they have a last minute training tutorial for one of our new clients. Since I'm the resulter I need to be there. (Don't they know I like to sleep?!)

Francie--Awww Francie, I'm sorry you're feeling so sad! My DH is gone often, but not weeks or months at a time. I feel sad when he's away. I can only imagine how you feel when your sweetie is gone. Sending you lots of hugs!!

Jane--Seeing his old colleagues is probably what Neal needed. Being around friends just talking and catching up really brings up the spirits.

Sue--I know what you're saying....DD is almost 14 and DS is almost 19, but I'm still a young thing so how is it possible??

Mindee--Wish we had a bus driver like Brandon's when I was younger! What sweetheart for doing that. How you noticed if he's less rambunctious at home now that he's attending school? My sister found that her DD is. Congrat's on the weight loss!! Keep it up!!

Hello to all everyone else!

Need to get to bed. You all have a marvelous Friday!
Old 03-21-2008, 02:48 AM   #14  

Marti~ We are suppose to be getting snow on Friday afternoon! I am so tired of snow already. Thanks for the nice words. His bus driver is a very sweet lady. She waves to Logan if he is standing in the window. I have noticed that he is less rambunctious now that he is in school. BUT we have to stop watching Cops while he is awake. He tries to take Logan out the same way that the police officers try to take out the suspects.

I am debating if I want to sneak in a work out really quickly since I know I won't get one in during the day now that Brandon is on spring break.....plus Tommy is home on Friday. I might just do it anyways since I know I will sleep better.
Old 03-21-2008, 09:10 AM   #15  
I was born this way hey!

Just stopping by to say Hey to everyone!! Hope everyone has a good day. I'm actually going back to bed because dh's alarm scared the crap out of me at 4:15am, lol.

I'll be back laters!!
Closed Thread