Old 03-12-2008, 08:25 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 355/326/219

Height: 5'10"

Question Can I post my food here?

As I am between sponsors, I was wondering if I could post my daily food here? I don't know if that's appropriate but thought I would ask.

Thanks!
junebug69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2008, 09:15 AM   #2  

I don't know that there's a rule against it so I would say YES!

Marny might know more.

hugs
patd
patd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2008, 11:39 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 190/125/135

Height: 5'2"

hey there-

Of course you can post your food here! What an excellent way to use the tools that you have to stay accountable to someone other than yourself. You rock!

It takes a lot of courage and commitment to be willing to post your food. I'm proud of you.
marny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2008, 07:45 AM   #4  

thanks for your encouragement everyone!

here's my food for today (Thursday 3/13):

B = oatmeal w/2 tsp natural peanut butter, banana, 1 c. milk, decaf coffee

L = whole wheat tortilla w/hummus, feta cheese & salad greens, 1 cup veggie soup, clementine

D = rotisserie chicken (no skin), pasta salad w/veggies & lite dressing

S = fruit with SF yogurt and whole wheat crackers

Thanks Ladies and have a great day!

Lisa
Old 03-14-2008, 07:58 AM   #5  

wow...something is wrong with me.

after posting my food yesterday I could not stop eating! I even went home after working late and ate cold french fries and mac & cheese...yuck! I've been feeling so good physically but I let my guard and ate some sugar this week...and now I'm ravenous! Not just for sugar but anything and everything!

I hate this feeling and want to get back on track. I KNEW that having a little sugar was far worse than having none...I read that and I've told others that but I guess I had to try it for myself. I thought a little would be okay but a little turns into a little more and now my appetite is raging!

I need some ideas on how to get this under control. I'm basically trapped all day at work without a car and without any healthy food. Please give me some ideas on how to survive today and tonight (I'll be scrapbooking where sweet and salty snacks abound and we'll be ordering out for dinner.)

I want to commit my food but have nothing to commit. Just for today I want to eat healthy and not get lost in guilt and self-hate.
Old 03-14-2008, 08:31 AM   #6  
Made of Starstuff

There's nothing wrong with you.

I'm not sure if you're close enough to a store to be able to take an early lunch and walk to pick up some healthier foods to eat for the rest of your work day.

Will you be stopping anywhere before going scrapbooking? If you can pick something up before going that might be best. Or if you plan on ordering the food think now about what you want to order. Write down the options. Then when they ask you what you want you have the options written down already.

You can do this. You can make it through.
Lovely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2008, 01:28 PM   #7  

(((((((((((Lisa))))))))))))))

So you went back out to the sugar but you're right back here so that is good.
I'm glad you came and posted and now you can pick yourself up dust yourself off and move on from here and consider this a lessoned learned. Some of us, only speaking for myself here, are slow learners and have to test the waters again thinking "Hey, I could just be normal" well, I've found many times that I'm not normal when it comes to my binge foods so t hey are best left to others who are normal.

As for having healthy foods can you take your food to work with you? If so that would be one answer to being on your food plan. When going to functions where food is served bring your own snacks or call the hostress ahead of time and see if that's ok, you can always use the "I have allergies to the snacks normally served" who knows they might ask you what you can eat and serve some of those too.

Ok, now I looked at your date of post and see I'm late!! So how did you fare yesterday and last night.

The thing I like now that I've been around a few months I know how not to fail and that's to have a plan of action for my food. Which is to plan what I'm going to eat and e-mail it or call it to someone for me that is my sponsor but this person doesn't have to be a sponsor just some one willing to take your plan for that day. I will p.m. you my e-mail addy and I'm willing to do that if that will help you. I do not judge or say anything about the food plan unless I'm asked that's not my job.

hugs
patd
patd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2008, 06:27 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 130/130/110

Height: 5 foot 5 inches

I know how u feel - once I let my guard down I go CrAzY with everything. I think - well i messed up why not just keep going right? Such a bad cycle - then u just end up feeling lousy for a while and its hard to get out of the funk......good luck to you because I am currently in that must eat bad food slump right now :-( and am trying to get out.
pinkrunnerbabe7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2008, 07:54 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 314/292/150

Height: 5'6"

Lisa

Try putting some protein in your breakfast. A healthy protein mixed with a good carb is a very good combination and you won't be so hungry. I eat two turkey breakfast links, rice krispies cereal, banana or orange.
Tomorrow is another day, just start fresh without the sugar.
I've been sugar free since Jan. I don't go nuts with it. I know the rice krispies have sugar and for me thats ok. I just stay away from junk food and sweets, no pizza, no fast foods, and no cakes, pies, sweet breads of anykind.

MiddleSister
MiddleSister is offline   Reply With Quote