Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 03-17-2008, 04:15 PM   #1  
Future Wonder Woman

S/C/G: 248/see ticker/145

Height: 5'6"

Default Victory at a restaurant!

I just had to share my victory with you guys. Last night, we had to attend a birthday celebration at Dave & Busters for my brother-in-law. We were to have dinner and then play games. I looked at their menu ahead of time and could find nothing acceptable, everything was fried or smothered in cream sauce. I found something, though, that could be worked with. At the restaurant, I ordered the grilled salmon (asked for no butter or oil) with the sauce on the side, and no oil or butter on the green beans either. It also came with rice pilaf. It wasn't a huge portion either; the fish was a little big but the meal was in no way the size of a regular dinner at a restaurant. It was really hard to do because all in front of me was a smorgasbord of appetizers, including my favorite cheesesticks. But I did it!

I had tried to find nutritional info on their website (and of course, they didn't have it). I looked up a similar entree at Chili's and it was 700 cals, so I figure what I ordered had around 700-900 cals in it. I had budgeted in about 1000 cals for dinner, so I had enough cals to have me a pint of beer to celebrate my victory!

You see, this is a huge deal for me because the only other time I can order something in a healthy manner is if I get something off Chili's guiltless grill. I've never had the willpower to order something reasonably healthy. It was the healthiest thing they had. And afterwards, I felt so good about myself. I was so glad that I didn't give in and order a big plate of pasta or something. So, yay!!!! If I can do it, anyone can! It can be done!!!!
trooworld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2008, 04:40 PM   #2  
Let's salsa!

S/C/G: 208/160/158 for now

Height: 5'9"

Good for you! I find it hard to restrain myself once I am already at a restaurant (especially if others are ordering as if this was their last meal). Thumbs up to you.
Tomato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2008, 05:02 PM   #3  
Future Wonder Woman

Thanks. Yes, it was hard. My husband told me that the appetizers weren't very good, that made me feel better. He also didn't like his chicken philly cheesesteak. I liked mine just fine!
Old 03-17-2008, 05:53 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 202/ticker/135

Height: 5'2"

Good Job! I love it when I can find something that fits in with my plan.
gailr42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2008, 11:50 AM   #5  
Future Wonder Woman

Yeah, me too. And I swear we only eat out once every week, but last night we ate at Chili's. I planned ahead of time based on their nutritional info (thanks, Chili's, for putting the info for ALL your items!) and got a chicken fajita pita + steamed broccoli instead of fries and it came out to around 550 cals! And it was delicious too. I had 1730 cals for the day (my goal is around 1700). I am so happy about it, it gives me confidence that I can eat like this all the time. I was thinking last night, that this is what a thin person eats like. They eat like that because they respect their body. They care about it. For so long, I've eaten like crap, partially because I hate myself for getting so fat. I haven't respected my body and thought it worthy of my care. But last night, I was thinking maybe respecting my body is not so bad!
Old 03-18-2008, 12:21 PM   #6  
never say never

S/C/G: 215/ticker/165

Height: 5'6

good for you!! i find many times that the worst stuff on the menu really isn't worth it once i eat it. so it's great that you really didn't miss out on anything. keep up the great work.
polkadotfever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2008, 01:06 PM   #7  
Future Wonder Woman

Thanks, yes, whenever I eat something bad for me, I feel like it wasn't worth it even if it was good...I feel lousy about myself when I eat bad.
Old 03-18-2008, 01:07 PM   #8  

Height: 5'7"

Awesome Job on making heatlhy choices!!! Its so hard ...I have done great by choosing to eat at redlobster or applebees. I refuse to eat somewhere I cant at least guess the calories.
debi
dgramie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2008, 02:07 PM   #9  
Future Wonder Woman

I didn't know Red Lobster had things to eat...do they have nutritional info too? Yeah, I am going to try not to eat somewhere where I can't get the nutritional info. I am sure there will be times when I won't be able to, but I can try. So far, I know of these places that have info: Rubios, Chili's, El Pollo Loco, the fast food places that I am staying away from anyway, Subway, some Applebee's...do they have it all?. Can you think of others?
Old 03-18-2008, 02:42 PM   #10  

S/C/G: Jan. 2008-173/ticker/135

Height: 5'5''

Way to go!! Its so hard to eat out especially with others and eat healthy but you did it. Thanks for setting a good example to follow.
skinny4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2008, 03:10 PM   #11  
Shalu

S/C/G: 162/145/132

Height: 5.6"

Thats really great..Controlling the temptation is very difficult...You have won..keep it up!!!
shalu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2008, 03:12 PM   #12  
Simply Filling Technique

Smile Woo Hoo Trooworld

Thanks for sharing your restaurant meal(s) with us. It means a lot to us since eating out is so pravalent in the way we live now. I know that I choose restaurants where I can stay on my food plan and feel good about it afterwards.

One chain that I frequent is Golden Corral. Yes, it is buffet style but the one nearest to us (we drive 30 minutes to go there) has fresh produce, fresh vegetables, lean meats and sugar free desserts!!
pamatga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2008, 03:14 PM   #13  
Tired SAHM of 7

S/C/G: 290/269/190

Height: 5'7"

Slingnmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2008, 04:22 PM   #14  
Future Wonder Woman

Thanks, guys. I feel on top of the world. I hope this feeling lasts!

pamagta--- I've been to the Golden Corral when I visit my parents in NC, but they don't have those here in southern Cali. I probably wouldn't be able to control myself there anyway, the food is so good.

Stephanie--- you have 7 kids???? My gosh, woman! How do you DO it? And they are sooooooo cute.
Old 03-20-2008, 09:20 AM   #15  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

GREAT JOB TROO!
EZMONEY is offline   Reply With Quote