South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Old 03-17-2008, 10:38 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 214/210/164

Height: 5'0"

Default Phase 2 Chat!!

Heya everyone! I'll be moving on to P2 in 5 days, so a P2 chat would be great to keep the support and motivation going that we have in the "Marching Into Phase I" chat. Have a great day!
Kim_Star060404 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2008, 11:24 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 190/190/140

Height: 5'7"

Hello Kim

I know there once was a thread for Phase II ers Since coming back from vacation I haven't seen it. Maybe its buried in the long ago threads, no one is posting there anymore?

I'd be glad to have some new phase IIers to chat with. I went on vacation one wee after starting Phase II and more or less did well. I didn't loose but I didn't gain either. Last week I have been ill, That is sick spelled SICK. I ate whatever someone else made. Mostly I drank diet ginger ale.

Today is Monday and I am back at this. I had my whole wheat toast for breakfast, ( with egg and turkey bacon.)and will have fruit for lunch with my salad. Dinner is fish and veggies. If it weren't for the fresh fruit in the fridge I might easily go back to Phase I, it was almost easier.but strawberries are calling my name.

Kay
KayL17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2008, 11:39 AM   #3  
Midwesterner

S/C/G: 152/116/120

Height: 5' 3"

I agree with the strawberries. I have sooo been enjoying them. I had oatmeal with Almond Breeze milk and ground almonds this morning. Will have a salad with turkey and mozarella for lunch, with berries and greek yogurt for a snack. I haven't decided on supper yet.

I think my weight loss has plateaued because I'm close to my goal weight. On the other hand if I'm just maintaining at this weight on phase II, how would I jump to phase III? If I add more in, will I gain? I would really like to lose a few more pounds though. I have been on the treadmill 3 times a week. My inner voice is telling me that unless I do some sort of resistance training, this is the weight I am stuck with.
murphmitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2008, 01:44 PM   #4  
Come on ONEderland!

S/C/G: 254/ticker/175

Height: 5'-7"

Kim, thanks for starting this thread!

So today's breakfast was 1/4 c steel cut oatmeal with 2 strawberries, some almond slivers, and a little blue agave nectar. Snack was a cheese stick, lunch is a salad, with a whole wheat pita pocket stuffed with chicken salad (made at home so it's got good stuff in it). Snack will be some celery and a LC cheese wedge, and dinner will be leftover lemon chicken with steamed spinach and brocoli. We went to the gym this morning and did 1/2 hour on the eliptical. I feel like I'm doing good!

Anyway, today is a hectic, crazy day at work. We'll see how I cope with the frenzy.
uscarchie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2008, 03:52 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 168/ 163/ 145

Height: 5 4

Hi Ladies,

I would love to join you in a this chat. I started phase 2 a few days ago, but in nervous to start any starches, so I just added a little fruit right now. The first apple I ate was a little piece of heaven! I'm going to work out tonight, will have chicken and spinach tonight. Drinking tons of green tea, also.

Kim- I was also thinking of starting a Phase 2 thread- thanks!
Anne- you are doing great on SB! Could you incline a notch on the treadmill?
Kay - welcome back from VA-K!
USCARCHIE- your doing great!Hope you get some R&R.

Lisa
lbug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2008, 03:56 PM   #6  
Stinger

S/C/G: 0/0/0

Height: 5'5

Hey

I restarted SB after being off for about 6 mo. I am past PH 1 now and on to PH 2. I have not been able to weigh myself yet so I don't know how much I lost. I did forget and ate fruit some days so we shall see how it goes on the scale.
Stinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2008, 05:26 PM   #7  
Enjoying healthy living

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by murphmitch View Post
I agree with the strawberries. I have sooo been enjoying them. I had oatmeal with Almond Breeze milk and ground almonds this morning. Will have a salad with turkey and mozarella for lunch, with berries and greek yogurt for a snack. I haven't decided on supper yet.

I think my weight loss has plateaued because I'm close to my goal weight. On the other hand if I'm just maintaining at this weight on phase II, how would I jump to phase III? If I add more in, will I gain? I would really like to lose a few more pounds though. I have been on the treadmill 3 times a week. My inner voice is telling me that unless I do some sort of resistance training, this is the weight I am stuck with.
Anne,

Wow, too weird. I too was at a plateau 3 pounds ago, it was a long one, or at least it felt that way to me after such fast weight loss along the rest of my journey. This weekend 3 pounds decided to take a walk, thank Goodness! Looks like we're both sitting at a 30 lb loss! Yay for us! I too have a few more to go to get to my 'goal'. I will re-evaluate that goal when I see myself at that weight though.

I do think that we're both putting off what is inevitable, we need to add in some resistance training... maybe it's cuz I'm a bit older now, but, my parts are not as firm as I remember them! I've got some wobbly bits on my arms for the first time ever (at this weight). Ugh! I guess I should pick up the free weights and firm them up....

One thing I'm impressed about though, is that I was able to drop the weight (in my 40's) without the resistance training by using SB. I do a fair amount
of working out on the treadmill, but not running, only high-incline walking.

Good luck w/ the rest of your journey. Hopefully we'll both be posting soon in the Goals thread!!
ThinAgainBeginAgain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2008, 05:25 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 241/232/165

Height: 5.7

just time for a quick howdy everybody!

am stoked about a phase 2 thread great idea! will def post more when i am on vacation... looking forward to getting to know everybody. enjoy your tuesday

cheers!

jan
jandaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2008, 11:02 AM   #9  
Midwesterner

S/C/G: 152/116/120

Height: 5' 3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThinAgainBeginAgain View Post
Anne,

Wow, too weird. I too was at a plateau 3 pounds ago, it was a long one, or at least it felt that way to me after such fast weight loss along the rest of my journey. This weekend 3 pounds decided to take a walk, thank Goodness! Looks like we're both sitting at a 30 lb loss! Yay for us! I too have a few more to go to get to my 'goal'. I will re-evaluate that goal when I see myself at that weight though.

I do think that we're both putting off what is inevitable, we need to add in some resistance training... maybe it's cuz I'm a bit older now, but, my parts are not as firm as I remember them! I've got some wobbly bits on my arms for the first time ever (at this weight). Ugh! I guess I should pick up the free weights and firm them up....

One thing I'm impressed about though, is that I was able to drop the weight (in my 40's) without the resistance training by using SB. I do a fair amount
of working out on the treadmill, but not running, only high-incline walking.

Good luck w/ the rest of your journey. Hopefully we'll both be posting soon in the Goals thread!!
Well, I upped the incline on the treadmill yesterday a little & actually used the weight machines for a good workout. My abs & legs are quite strong but by upper body has always been weak. I do notice more flabbiness than years before when I would drop weight, expecially in the tummy and back of the arms. I'm in my early 50's now (Wow, I don't like saying that!). If I got serious with using the weights I think I could correct that. It's just that I hate them so much. I am thinking about a session with a personal trainer to get me motivated.

I have no problem staying on plan. In fact, I'm quite proud to say that in the last 10 weeks, I have not cheated once. I may have a planned cheat on Easter Sunday though. I have to say that South Beach is the easiest way of eating healthy that I have found.
murphmitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2008, 11:21 AM   #10  
Come on ONEderland!

Today's going to be a stressful day for me: And I worry about this because I've always been a stress/boredom eater- which is why I was so heavy. So I have a hard boiled egg and 3/4 oz cheese on my desk, which I'm not hungry for, and I left for a snack later on, since it was good protein and all. And just now I opened up the cheese. I'm not hungry, I'm just stressed. Didn't even think about it.

I looked at the cheese and had a "what are you doing?!?" moment. I put the cheese to the side, and I will eat it for my snack, but around 10am, not 15 minutes after I finished my breakfast.

I'm sure it wouldn't have hurt me too much, but it's thoughts like that that I need to be wary of and be watchful of. I guess I also think "what would the girls at 3FC say????" Not that I'm worried about your judgment but I feel that you would have good advice for me.

Last night I had some No Sugar added chocolate pudding. I thought when I bought it it was sugar free, but I guess not. I looked in the ingredients, but didn't see anything that might be considered sugary. It didn't taste very sweet.
Old 03-18-2008, 12:07 PM   #11  

uscarchie - You won't find sugarfree pudding because the dairy adds lactose. I like to make mine from the box because I then know that I have used skim milk with it but I think there may be some of the pudding cups that are no sugar added fat free. I'm just not sure.
Barb0522 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2008, 12:34 PM   #12  

good morning all

I am looking forward to talking about my 30 lb loss! I also need to learn how to put the scale at the bottom of my thread. Heck I haven't figured out how to change my stats in my profile....................The computer and I have issues, and I am not feeling well yet, I will tackle the computer when the rest of the bronchitis is resolved.

I had an extra carb and fat last night. Son made Popcorn..........I ate my amount but it was such a nice thought and sometimes we don't tell those we love " no cause I am dieting and...................." we say Thankyou

The Tai Chi instructor wouldn't let me stay for the class, can't breath, can't exercise is her motto. I read about gyms and resistant training and wonder where my energy has gone. Its hard to be patient and take this one step at a time.

Uscarchie you are my inspiration today . Plan, stay with the plan

Todays plan

Breakfast 1 egg, turkey bacon, WW toast
S 1/2 pear
Lunch mixed green salad with turkey ham
S 1/2 Pear with one piece of cheese
D pork loin, mixed veggies and strawberries for dessert.

Kay
Old 03-18-2008, 01:02 PM   #13  
Come on ONEderland!

The cheese tasted good at 10am. It was worth the wait, and now I won't be hungry until lunch, when I go for my walk up the hill of death. And KayL17, you can't apparently have the ticker until you've been here for 30 days and 30 posts? So stick it out, and you'll be able to figure it out soon.

I'm worried about your breathlessness Kay... Don't exercise until you're feeling better, or go for *very* easy walks. You need to get better before you get back into the swing of things. Continue to eat well, and don't worry about the popcorn.
Old 03-18-2008, 03:18 PM   #14  
Heidelitos

S/C/G: 186/???/145

Height: 5'4

Well, I'm starting week four of SB, so that's one whole week of Phase II. But, alas, I will admit to a pig our session of Chili Pablanos (deep fried hot pepper stuffed with melty cheese) fattening refried beans, all scooped up with tortilla chips. Not to make it sound like a good thing, though, cuz I gained back a few pounds right away and now am stalled.

But I'm sticking to it and working out extra to make up for my mistake!! The husband and I have a week trip to Vegas planned in 1 1/2 weeks, so I plan to not cheat at all til then.
Heidelitos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2008, 03:43 PM   #15  

Hi again

Glad you made it until snack time ascarchie. You arn't the only one worried about the wheeze.............

I will be seeing the Doc at 5 pm. I kept thinking the longer I am up and moving the better I'll feel....... and I do! My nose has quite running, my glands don't hurt my throat is only a little sore from post nasal drip. How so ever My friend on the phone said. " Good Lord I can hear you wheeze on the phone, get thy self to the doctor!"

I'll let you know the dreaded news tomorrow. Probably something else that is happening to me cause I'm old now Every time I see her she mentions how common this or that problem is in post menopausal women.

Kay