Closed Thread

Old 03-16-2008, 08:30 AM   #1  
Super Maintainer

S/C/G: 357/197/maintaining

Height: 6'0"

Default Metabolic Research Center - Take XII

Welcome all you MRCers to Take XII!!! Come be uplifted and inspired.

Keep the Fat Burnin Fire burning
Old 03-16-2008, 08:40 AM   #2  
Future head-turner

S/C/G: 271/see ticker/175

Height: 5'4"

Hi all! WI yesterday and down 3. I was relieved because this has been a tough week with FCAT testing...I didn't even get to the gym once! But all will be back on track this week. It looks like I'm going to miss my St. Patricks day goal by 2 lbs though...
Old 03-16-2008, 10:50 AM   #3  
Crystal

S/C/G: 185/see ticker/140

Height: 5'5"

Thank you Readytobethinagain and Jewelie for you words to re-encourage me. I so didn't want to post my WI results to you guys, but I feel such an accountability to everyone on here. And, hopefully that will give me the boost to get my a$$ to stay completely OP.

It's amazing how close I feel to you all. Going through this journey together is so much easier than alone!

I've been completely OP since then. I pinky promise!!

Angierue - hang in there babe! You can do it. I just fell off the wagon also, but some wonderful "chicks" brushed me off and helped me find my way back.

Congrats to everyone on you losses this past week!!!!
Old 03-16-2008, 10:50 AM   #4  
Amy

S/C/G: 248/177/160

Height: 5'6"

Thanks Donuts for starting the new thread!!! You rock!!
Old 03-16-2008, 11:01 AM   #5  
I'm on my way...

S/C/G: 264/246/135

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueyedangel View Post
OK...I'm soooo ashamed. I gained 2.5 lbs. at WI yesterday. I made it out to the truck before I broke down and cried. I screwed up one day, didn't eat bad stuff...just not OP. I'm so disappointed in me. I tell myself it's TOM & that's part of it, but I know it's not all of the reason. I'm so scared I won't lose this weight. I don't want to stay fat. I'm so sad.

I got measured & have lost 15 inches...that helped a little. But, I'm still so sad.
It's got to be TOM water gain... did you tell them you were on TOM? My center says you most people gain about 2 or so pounds during TOM that don't count! Don't be discouraged!
Old 03-16-2008, 11:05 AM   #6  
MRC Repeat Offender

S/C/G: 251/151/151

Height: 5'9"

MSTeacher **YEA** 3 pounds is great and look how close you are to signing the 40lb board! Congrats!

blueyedangel Falling off happens--the important thing is getting right back on OP which you are doing. And look at those inches you have lost! Hey, if it was easy we would all be thinner and healthy without having to be on a program, right?

jeweliek Congrats on your successful 5k! And according to your sticker you are only 12lbs from goal! That's awesome!

As far as water goes, my center says 64oz is a minimum and 125oz is the maximum. I drink between 116-120oz/daily.
Old 03-16-2008, 11:07 AM   #7  
I'm on my way...

Quote:
Originally Posted by angierue View Post
I'm scared to death to go to the center on Monday to weigh in. I had NO willpower. I said I was going to eat OP and just "give" myself the break on alcohol but that was out the window with my first meal there.

Angierue, it's just a life lesson. You learned something about yourself from this... I hope you are ready to get back on that horse though partner, don't let this drive you back into doing this all the time.

This is why I'm so careful. There's a few little cheats I can let myself get away with - like sometimes I still have coffee mixed with my creamy... but I won't even let myself have those meal replacement bars. They sound too much like candy, and I'm a sugar addict...

You learned things about yourself. You can do this. Don't be ashamed. Get back OP and tell your counselor at MRC that you are ready to really do this... they will support you! And so will all of us!

-Miriam
Old 03-16-2008, 11:08 AM   #8  
I'm on my way...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meemo View Post
You look great! I've started really noticing wrinkles too, dang it. And my neck - just like the book title - "I Feel Bad About My Neck"! (AKA when did I develop my mom's neck?!?)
Are you guys taking MSM? My center has recommended it for skin elasticity. Also all the Flax Oil. I'm very worried about not looking good when my hundred pound blanket comes off... right now everyone seems to think I'm in my 30s... and I'm 47...

BTW, I think you both look great!
Old 03-16-2008, 11:10 AM   #9  
I'm on my way...

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomoredonuts4me View Post
I just bought a 20 lb. weighted vest for walking. Oh, Baby!!! I can really feel it in my calf muscles. It's hard to believe I use to carry around more than 6 vests worth of fat. I also had an ah ha moment while taking a walk. I saw my shadow. I wasn't sure it was mine, because is was so skinny.
Donuts~ That's such a wonderful image, you lost so much weight you bought a weighted vest for exercising! I carried a load of wet laundry upstairs (in the new house the dryer is in the kitchen due to duct problems in the laundry room) and I realized that a month ago I was "carrying" more that that up the stairs every day.

You are a great inspiration. Plateaux can be so hard on people... I'm dreading my first one, but so far, my body is in such shock that the diet is working, it hasn't thought about not showing me a loss on the scale... but I remember them in Atkins. Our theory always was that you hold water when you are losing this fast - because suddenly, one day, one would weigh oneself and find a huge drop in weight, several pounds from the day before. Of course, I'm also no longer weighing at home - my BF is in total shock, I put away the scale ... so I only weigh at the center, 2-3 times a week.

It's really a new way of behaving for me. I'm working on making it a part of my permanent life. Envisioning the slender me, who is physically active and eats delicious healthy meals...

Thanks for being here. I'm so far behind on this thread after a week of no time for the computer, I feel as though I will never catch up!
Old 03-16-2008, 11:11 AM   #10  
I'm on my way...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ieduc8em View Post
I would like to "chime in" on the breakfast thing. I have never been a breakfast person. I have to be at work at 7:15 so I bought some of the MRC replacement bars. You can only have 3 per week so 1 box will last 2 weeks. On the other days I take melba toast and cheese. On the weekends, I have an egg and a cheese tortilla. Just a thought.
On breakfast - I can't have wheat so my bread choices are beans or a corn tortilla... I could have gluten free oatmeal, but I like mine with milk, LOL, so that is out.

I just recently bought a microwave egg boiler at my local King Soopers (It's a Kroger store). $7 and it can cook up to 4 eggs. 10 minutes in the microwave cooks my 2 eggs while I am weighing out and packing my lunch, and then I can either cool and peel the eggs and stick in a plastic bag or I can eat them right then. If I take them to work , I make an HNS within the first hour of waking an drink it. We have a microwave at the office so I can as easily microwave my tortilla there as at home.

Although now that my daughter has unpacked the magic bullet again I may try that shake. I often mix half an HNS with my cottage cheese that I have for a mid-afternoon snack (I'm on the Plus menu) and its delicious that way... I'm a big fan of the magic bullet although I read that some of your didn't like it. We actually have 2 of them and a ton of the cups with various lids. It's always in use - my 19 year old daughter is alway cooking things with it, plus whipping cream or making alfredo sauce. I mostly use it to make slushies and smoothies or to mix up the pudding HNS.

To make a slushy I mix the HNS flavor of my choice with mostly ice, no water, and throw it in the magic bullet for a minute or less. I wouldn't try it for breakfast, but its great when around me everyone at home is eating desserts...

I have to admit that I have started to feel better when I eat breakfast first thing...
Old 03-16-2008, 11:14 AM   #11  
I'm on my way...

Quote:
Originally Posted by bomaze View Post
Rocki: Yeah on vasectomy! That procedure was pretty freeing for me (not sure how HE felt but...) for more than the obvious reason. I found I had this thing floating in the back of my mind something like, "why bother getting all the way to goal - I'll just have to do it over if I get PG again." Having that off the table made a difference in my mindset. Plus...it gave me one less thing to think about and God knows I need that! Yeah you!
Getting my tubes tied a few years ago has made it possible for me to really diet. I would always sabotage myself part way into a diet by wondering if I was pregnant...since dieting is bad for babies! LOL, having a fat mommy probably isn't too good for them either, but ... I would always break by having extra milk, and then before I knew it I was having brownies or something...once again, not healthy for the potential child but somehow that didn't stop me. Now its been long enough that I know the tubal took.

It's all about me, baby! <snort>
Old 03-16-2008, 02:26 PM   #12  
MRC started March 8, 2008

S/C/G: 258/189/150

Height: 5'7"

ShineOn!! Woo hoo! How exciting to be able to shop at victoria's secret, if I could I think I would have to buy one in every color, lol.

I have small goals like that too! First one is to be able to feel comfortable enough to go to our lakehouse this summer with the kids. Second one is when I get down to under 200 (199) I am going to treat myself to those clip in hair extensions that you can take out when ever you want, a good set is well over $100.00, my hair is long already, past my bra strap in the back, but I want it longer. I want long beautiful hair while I am still young (33)
Then my next goal is when I get to 169 I am going to get another tatoo to commemerate, something small and feminine. I have a small butterfly already. I have not been under 170 in oh I dont know 7 or 8 years. When I lost on ATkins I only got down to 170ish. I may think of some more along the way.
Old 03-16-2008, 02:26 PM   #13  
Christie

S/C/G: 197/ticker/135

Height: 5'4

Quote:
Originally Posted by mirihawk View Post
Are you guys taking MSM? My center has recommended it for skin elasticity. Also all the Flax Oil. I'm very worried about not looking good when my hundred pound blanket comes off... right now everyone seems to think I'm in my 30s... and I'm 47...

BTW, I think you both look great!

What is MSM? I think I've seen it, but I don't remember anyone saying anything about it. I will tell you, I'm getting a little concerned about the same thing. I've noticed some loose skin around my belly. I haven't seen any around my face, yet, but I can't really tell a difference in my face anyway! I know I have said it before, but I notice the biggest difference in my chest. Iknow that it's usually the first place to go, but dang, I'm noticing some loose skin there too!! If there is the possibilty that this MSM can help, I think I may buy some!!!
Old 03-16-2008, 02:27 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 213\see ticker\165

Height: 5' 9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finz View Post

jeweliek Congrats on your successful 5k! And according to your sticker you are only 12lbs from goal! That's awesome!

As far as water goes, my center says 64oz is a minimum and 125oz is the maximum. I drink between 116-120oz/daily.
Thank you! I think I may change my goal, but I'm super excited to be so close to this. This is the best I have ever done sticking with a lifestyle.

For water, I was never told a max. I drink 4.5 - 5 L each day. This is where I feel most hydrated and happy. That is 152 - 169 oz. The center knows this....they never say anything. Do you know why there is a max? When I cut out other drinks this is just what felt good to me. Am I hurting anything drinking this much? If I don't get 4L I feel thirsty!
Old 03-16-2008, 02:34 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 213\see ticker\165

Height: 5' 9"

angierue - the manager at our center helped me look at this in a new way. There is no cheating. Food cannot be a cheat. You need food to live. You make choices about food. You can choose to eat fuel for your body, or choose to eat a deliteful treat....but never cheat. This is a lifestyle that you want to stick with so don't use the word cheat. Come into the center and talk about how next time you can make a better choice.

I felt so bad that I had cheated while my in laws were here. Gigi (the manager) made me feel great. She told me a couple times not to use that word. I had made choices, I learned what those choices will do, and now I have a plan of what I can do when I am in that situation again.

I know that you have learned and will have a plan for next time too!!!
Closed Thread