Old 03-13-2008, 10:00 AM   #1  
Hi From Canada, eh?

S/C/G: check the ticker :)

Height: 5'8

Default NOT dreading spring!

for the first time in a longggggggggggg time I'm not dreading the warmer weather coming

i know i have a million miles left to go, but I'm well on my way and feel great about it. I pulled out all my spring/summer clothes and went thru a lot of it and tossed some away, gave some away, but more importantly - trying the stuff ON didn't make me feel like crap and "omg i've wasted so much time and i'm huge now and my clothes don't fit" i'm giddy with it!!

some stuff i bought a million years ago for "when i'm smaller" actually fits! it's kind of thriling (although i'm sure people seeing a 260 lbs woman HAPPY about her size would scratch their heads like "she knows she's FAT right?" ) hehehe

Who else is feeling the excitement of Spring? Where are you now compared to LAST Spring? up? down? the same? motivated? on your way? I wanna hear it
Trazey34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2008, 10:31 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 344/279.1/???

Height: 5'6"

I know what you mean. I love spring anyway. I am down a lot from last Spring. I'm also focusing more on exercise this time so clothes that I wore at weights less than this before are fitting me now which is great. I still haven't went through the closet yet to sort out my spring stuff but it's definitely on my to do list.
barbygirl43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2008, 10:52 AM   #3  
Strong on the inside

S/C/G: 197/197/145 HW: 233

Height: 5'4"

Hi again, Trazey! I've been wondering where you've been lately! I've missed your happy posts!

I'm feeling much better than I did a year ago. A year ago, I was unemployed and very near being evicted! And because I was poor, all I could afford to eat was Ramen noodles and Michelina's frozen dinners ($1/meal!). Because of that, I was RAPIDLY putting on weight (I think it was all the salt). I look back to pictures of myself then (like my horrendous badge from work), and I know I've come a long way.

As this spring approaches, though... I'm feeling fit! I'm feeling excited about the prospect of long hikes high in the mountains and long runs. I've lost nearly 20lbs and several inches, and I feel confident that this time, when summer arrives, I'll be down 40lbs or so!
aerotigergirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2008, 11:10 AM   #4  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

I always love spring. Longer days, sunny warm days and great for hiking
nelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2008, 12:33 PM   #5  

Height: 5'5"

I am so excited to get out there and enjoy the weather. It's so much easier to exercise when I'm not bound by the gym hours.

As for weight - I've never been more concerned about it in spring than any other time of year, but I'm thrilled to be 70 pounds down from last year! I'm approaching my one-year anniversary of working this weight loss thing in two months, and I would love to be down another twenty pounds by then, though!
LaurieDawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2008, 12:37 PM   #6  
Made of Starstuff

Trazey - I actually remember you writing in a post about how you were going to emerge a beautiful butterfly in Spring following the dank cold Winter. And you were right! That post stuck with me, because I completely feel the same way. It's as though this Spring I'm stretching my wings out. I weigh a lot less than last Spring, that's for sure. I, too, am looking forward to getting rid of some old clothing that doesn't fit right.
Lovely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2008, 01:09 PM   #7  
Make it to the moon...

S/C/G: 5/8/19: 319/254.0/150.0

I'm excited to get outside and exercise as I am more likely to stay active when it is nice outside... Hopefully I'll get to join some of you in throwing out some clothes that no longer fit sometime soon.
KimL1214 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2008, 06:52 PM   #8  
active kids, active mom

Yesterday was our first warmer day and it was thrilling for me. I took the kids out for a walk and they started running and telling me to chase them.......

SO I DID!!!

I was able to chase after my kids, scoop them up, and watch them giggle. My son, 6 years old, looked at me with a shocked expression and exclaimed, "Mamma...you are SOOOOOO fast! How did that happen?" It was a nice opportunity to explain how all the exercise and healthy eating is paying off. The look on his face saying that is worth all the calories I have eschewed and all the miles I have logged.

In a few minutes, while ds goes to a science class with dh, I am taking my girls, at their request, out to chase them some more.

My oldest is almost 8 and I have never been able to chase them, run after them, let them chase me, etc. Two days into spring and it is so far the best spring in my parenting career!

So, the short answer is a resounding YES! I am so pumped about spring this year!!!

In some ways, I hate to admit that the MAIN reason spring which I always love, will be so enjoyable is because I have lost so much weight. It's a sad realization. OTOH, it is motivating me to KEEEEP going!!! WHat a great reminder of what this journey is all about.
knitsforfive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2008, 08:18 PM   #9  

That's really great, a positive outlook makes such a difference. It always feels good to sort through your clothes too.

(I live in CA, so Spring itself doesn't make that much of a difference weatherwise LOL)
PaulaM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2008, 08:43 PM   #10  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulaM View Post
That's really great, a positive outlook makes such a difference. It always feels good to sort through your clothes too.

(I live in CA, so Spring itself doesn't make that much of a difference weatherwise LOL)
If you figured out a way to harness the sunshine during winter, I'd love to hear it Winter isn't bad but the short days kill me and coming home from work when it is dark/on the verge of being dark is depressing.
nelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2008, 08:22 AM   #11  
In Onderland!!!!

S/C/G: 227/227/140

Height: 5'4

I'm only a week into losing the weight but I am very happy about spring too! I have been at the park everyday to walk and let the kids play. It's been really nice!! I am really looking forward to summer though because we always take a week at the beach in August and I love the beach but always feel especially fat when we go. So this spring means my turning point for a different me this summer!!
wendymeows is offline   Reply With Quote