South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 03-13-2008, 06:29 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Default Thursday On The Beach

Good Morning!

A lovely spring-like day is in the forecast for us here in the Phila. area. First, though, I'm taking my car in for servicing and to see if I need new brakes. At least I can go next door to Cracker Barrel and have breakfast while they're working on it. I may go to Macy's afterwards for a bra-fitting if I have any money left after that. The rest of the day is up in the air.

How's your day shaping up?
Old 03-13-2008, 06:51 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 302/229/140

Height: 5'11"

Morning beachies. Well my first week is busy but going well. I'm doing my first night shift tonight. I have to get some more scrubs I absolutely float in my old ones. Scale says I lost 5 pounds in the past two weeks. I broke 240. Made my St. Paddy's day goal already. I'm kinda suprised I lost. High stress situations usually result in weight gain with me and I thought I would probably stall a bit.

Work is definetly going to help. Its hard to get enough to eat on work days and I'm walking all the time. It will be hard not to binge on days off. Much more temptation too. Pizza lasagna stuff like that is hard not to pass up.
Old 03-13-2008, 06:52 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 302/229/140

Height: 5'11"

cottage we had about 4 inches of snow last night. Roads were a little greasy coming home.
Old 03-13-2008, 07:01 AM   #4  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Good morning! I am being a doggy nanny today as the Pypers just dropped off my grand dog Bailey for the day. She and Hershey are great pals - after Hersh lets her know that her food dish is off limits.

Cottage, I hope the brake job is quick and not too costly. What's your plan for the rest of your "mini-sabbatical"?

Spirit, congrats on the baggy scrubs. Working nights is my DD's favourite shift - she's an RN too. I guess handling food on days off will require extra planning and determination. Good for you making your goal already for this month!

Today will be an "at home" day again. I plan to make some lentil soup and a lamb and rice pilaf from a 1960's recipe. I hope it's as good now as I remember it! The sunrise is looking good so I may get outside to shovel a wee bit. When the Pypers come back this evening they want to fill up my wood box and it's impossible to even find the wood pile out there right now.

Have a Thuper-Duper Thurthday!
Old 03-13-2008, 07:17 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Spirit, congratulations on your loss and your amazing willpower! I think that would be really challenging, having all that tempting food around.

Ruth, have fun being a doggy nanny today! It sounds like a pooch playdate. I hope those two don't get into any trouble together. I don't really have any special plans for my mini-vacation, other than some shopping therapy and taking my mother out for a day. I'm not used to having any free time to myself, and now I don't know what to do with it!
Old 03-13-2008, 07:23 AM   #6  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

good morning chicks

It's turned into a loooong week here. Lots to do at work and days that stretch beyond their normal limits. I try hard not to do much of that sort of thing but some weeks just end up that way. I was going to work at home tomorrow but think I will mostly take it off because I've already done my time this week. That will be nice. I'm going to start making garden plans!

Cottage - Enjoy your break and the warming weather

Spirit - Congratulations on the scrubs!

Ruth - A doggy play date sounds like a nice way to spend the day. How's the knee coming along?

Kara - we know you're out there somewhere! Getting much rest??

Have a good day all!
Old 03-13-2008, 07:25 AM   #7  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

Morning Ladies!
I've been up since 2 writing. I'll be reaching for another soon if i intend to stay up.
Cottage MMMM crackerbarrel! I didn't know they did fittings at Macys!! good to know
Spirit!! Congrats and Hi
Ruth Sounds like a full house today.
I've been having a 1/3 life crisis for a while and had a baaad anxiety attack last night. . .we're talking curled up on the bathroom floor thinking I'm dying
A fun wednesday all around!
So while I'm not abandoning eating healthy I'm taking the stress off of adhereing to a plan b/c I have a bunch of things to get under control. and I noticed the harder I tried to control eating the more I swung out of control!
Insanity doing the same thing over and over and expecting the same results
so I make good choices in general I'm not goign to get wacko

That being said I made a Killer Ph 1 quiche this AM!
Back to the grind!
Kier
Old 03-13-2008, 07:26 AM   #8  
HAPPY HEALTHY ME

S/C/G: 215.4/-/165

Height: 5'2"

We are a day closer to the weekend! I was up and on the treadmil at 5:15 again this morning - even thought tey are shortburstthey pack alot of energy for my day. It's suppose to be in the mid 70's here today but it's cold right now in the 40's.

Cottage it sounds like you have a nice day planned for yourself

Spirit way to go on that NSV (scrubs) Good luck with your job

Ruth doggy play day that sounds to cute

This evening I will venture out to find an Easter dress and may be a new suit/dress for church other than that it's work as usual

Last edited by GONNABE165; 03-13-2008 at 07:26 AM. Reason: spelling
Old 03-13-2008, 07:27 AM   #9  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

Cyndi Garden plans sounds fun!! I have some pots that I want to plant stuff in Keep us posted
Old 03-13-2008, 07:28 AM   #10  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Well since you asked about the damned knee.....
I have been trying to downplay it lately as I think I've done my share of whining for 2008. It still gives me grief from time to time but is doing OK according to my doc. He did a lot more work than usual which means a longer healing time. I can now sleep through most of the night without taking additional pain-killers and daytimes are pretty good. Of course, if I did my exercises more regularly, things would be better but it's hard to push through exercises that hurt! I am so immature!
I'll shaddup now!
Old 03-13-2008, 07:50 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 261/252/145

Height: 5'4"

Morning chicks, just a quickie as I'm waiting for DS to get out of the shower so I can have a turn. We've got Moms & Muffins at school today, so we've got to get moving earlier than usual. Of course, I will not be partaking in the muffins or the nasty jarred fruit salad, just coffee for me thanks, and I'll have my oatmeal when I get home.

cottage, hope you find a good bra and they don't take you for too much on the car! Today is your first day off, right?
Spirit, sounds like you will be walking those pounds away at work!
Cyndi, hope you can have a nice day off tomorrow!
Ruth, there is a whining limit on here? Uh-oh, I didn't know! I'm sure I've gone over my limit for the year already!
Kier, what is going on with you, what things do you need to get under control (if you feel like telling, of course)? Can we help? Hope you don't plan to stop posting!
kara, why don't you let go of Tom's arm for a minute and come say "hi!"?

Have a good one chicks, I'm off to shower and go smell muffins.
Old 03-13-2008, 07:54 AM   #12  
-

S/C/G: Size 16 to 18/Size 6/I'm there

Height: 5"3" Age: 55

Morning all...running a bit late this morning, so no time for personals but wishing everyone a great day

Got up at 3 to help my daughter get ready to leave here at 5. Her flight is taking off in a few minutes. I hate it and we both boo-hooed cause we didn't get to spend as much time together as we had hoped. We DID get in a little mini shopping trip yesterday afternoon that was a lot of fun and we got to go to an oyster house and load up our tummies. When she left this morning, I popped in a callenetics dvd and relaxed away my "boo-hooidness". I got some new make up and shoes yesterday, so that helped with getting ready for work today too. The house is just way too quiet. Back to "normal" this afternoon with just 2 (or 3) of us to cook for.
Old 03-13-2008, 08:07 AM   #13  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

Cat your day with your daughter sounds great new makeup and shoes rock! for you I'm having Mom withdrawal.
Schmoo I'm not going anywhere I just don't want the pressure of having to follow any one plan
I have a lot of projects going on my disabilities probably going to end soon and $ is tight stress is high Its a lot right now. I wish I could grab the Earth and stop it for a bit!
Old 03-13-2008, 08:14 AM   #14  
Visualizing the Goal

Height: 5'4"

Well, aren't we all up and at 'em this morning?!

Linda, good luck with your car! Hope you enjoy your Cracker Barrel breakfast!

Jen, make yourself a meal plan for those days off! Write it down and post it somewhere prominent. You can do this!!!

Ruth, have fun with the pups today!

Hi Cyndi! I'm here! I do hope you post your garden plans. I'm a bit of a gardening novice, but I desperately want to get something going this year, although I realize it will be limited since we won't be in a house until late May. But I need advice from all of you experts!

Oh, Kierie! Take care of yourself! I've found that when my life is in order, eating is in order. You have to handle the highest stress things first and the rest will fall in place.

Oooo, Gonna, a new Easter dress! I need to find something to wear for the special day, too! I had bought a new skirt, but unless it breaks out of the 40s here, I'm going to have to go through the winter clearance stuff for a new outfit!

Schmoodle, isn't it great when you can stand and look at that table of pastries and muffins and honestly say, "It's just not worth it!" You rock!

Cat, I'm glad you had a nice time with your daughter. I'm sure that any amount of time wouldn't have been "enough". Hope you get to see her soon again!

I'm off for a run. Just wanted to check in while I drank my water. Today is going to be pretty calm. Tom's taking Connor to violin, so I get to stay back with the girls while they nap. That'll give me time to plan what I need to get done in the next few days for the party on Saturday and Palm Sunday dinner at my grandparents'. It'll be a baking-filled weekend for me!

All right , I'd better get out the door or I'll never go.

Kara
Old 03-13-2008, 08:59 AM   #15  
HAPPY HEALTHY ME

S/C/G: 215.4/-/165

Height: 5'2"

Kier I was the same way with the control issue - mine was for both food & exercise. I have a new attitude now if I do I do if I don't I don't and the scale has finally started to move again. Good luck!

Ruth my thoughts & prayers continue to be with you for that knee

Schmoodle that is too cute "moms & muffins" Enjoy your day at school

Cat u poor thing She will return again and yall will be able to have reatil therapy just like you did yesturday

Morning Kara Enjoy your day
Closed Thread