Closed Thread

Old 03-12-2008, 12:52 PM   #1  
Chick

Height: 5'4"

Smile #196 Bale of Turtles Doing Boot Camp!!

We are the Turtle Group here at wwww.3fatchicks.com. We welcome you to join us as we work toward good health and fitness in a persistent manner. As our inspiration we use the race between the turtle and the hare where the turtle was the victor because he didn't give up. We believe in keepin' on even when the odds are against us. We believe in giving each other support. Good luck to us all!
Judy
Itryharder
(for Lin and Lauren)
Old 03-12-2008, 12:57 PM   #2  
I'm Just a Little Crazy

S/C/G: 250/215/170

Height: 5'9"

I AM THE TURTLE!!

(My sister and I are going to get T-Shirts made... we are slow runners... and I am slow at weight loss!) We need a turtle in the list of smilies...
Old 03-12-2008, 01:05 PM   #3  
Chick

Hi Turtles,
Just a reminder to let you know that there were a lot of great posts at the end of thread#195 that you might not have seen. I started a new thread because we had gotten very long. Great work at chiming in. We're doing great.

First of all, I lost 1.4# this week and am thrilled. Well, I wanted to lose 32# this week, but came to terms with the idea that that was unreasonable. So, I knocked off the .2# I gained last week and I lost another 1.2# beyond that.
for : This enabled me to get another star for my bookmark and has me down officially 20.2#. WW's is using my original joining weight from 2000, and that's okay. now I have about 13-14# to lose to get back to where I was in December 30th, 2007. I have to face the fact that I gained quite a bit of weight this year and face up to the idea that I know what works. So keep on wishing me well. Using e-tools has been a boon in keeping me on track and pointing out every bite I eat. Also getting a smilie face for my activity points tickles me and is working right now.

Bethz, for your great loss : of 2#. That's wonderful. Wow, I love the Biggest Loser challenge you've got going at work. Weigh to go! Good luck on this upcoming weekend. I'm sure you've got in mind good snacks to bring with you, an idea of how many 35 points you want to use, etc. Weigh to go!

Princess,
Have a wonderful time at your Mom's. Again, these family get togethers can be challenging, but you know what you're doing and you know the outcome you want. : Also : for a WI near your Mom's.

Bandit, hi, sorry you're getting yet more snow shoveling activity points but I guess it's a good thing you're on holiday! Yeah, I like to check back with my recipes and see if there's something I haven't made in awhile that I'd like to make. I recently made another Impossible veggie pie--had some for dinner and packaged up and froze the rest. I've never tried freezing yogurt and I think it's a great idea.

Cherry, good luck with all that's going on. You can do this!

Chris, I'm thinking about you and so are all the turtles. . We can all do this: baby steps, lots of water, a little exercise here and there, planning and preparing and getting low cal snacks in the house.

INVU, thinking about you and wishing you well.

Good luck to us all. TAke care and be well.
Judy
234.6/213.8/thinner into onederland
Old 03-12-2008, 01:10 PM   #4  
Chick

to SCraver!
Let us know a little about yourself and welcome to a fabulous group of supporters who know how to lose weight and how to encourage each other.
I'll start: I'm a retired teacher. Am married, three children, 3 grandchildren.
Love to read, quilt, and get support at this site. Live in NY and am trying to
include some interesting activities each month. I also like to cook and am working very hard in our Boot Camp Challenge.
1.record all food 2. step up exercise 3. Aim to lose a pound a week for a total of 15# down by July 4th.
Welcome again,
Judy
Old 03-12-2008, 02:08 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 220/197/160

Height: 5'-3"

Welcome SCraver - I am sure will enjoy all the posts here.

Judy - nice job on your loss this week. Good for you!
And try the yogurt - I was impressed with it.

Today I had oatmeal & strawberries, and for lunch am having my spicy tuna on melba toast. Supper is going to be a T-bone steak, mushrooms w/onions, baked potatoe & a veggie. My gf is coming Fri instead of tonight so I am off to bingo with my mom.

Where is Lauren? Haven't heard from her in ages, hope I didn't miss something bad that has happed with her.

Remember journal & drink that WATER!!!
Old 03-12-2008, 02:54 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 223/192.6/160

Height: 5'7

Great job Judy! That is just too awesome!

Bandit: How do you make your spicy tuna? I need to try the yogurt trick, that sounds really good!

Welcome SCraver! Glad to have you with us!
Old 03-12-2008, 03:53 PM   #7  
I'm Just a Little Crazy

Oooo... Freezing yorgart sounds tasty! There is a WW recipe for pie - using a tub of FF cool whip, Red. Fat grahm cracker crust, a packet of SF jello, and a 6 oz. container of yogart... Only 2 pts for 1/8th of the pie. Great summer time snack. Yummy too if you do like strawberry jello w/vanilla yogart = strawberries and cream, or orange and vanilla = orange creamsicle.

OK... a little about me. I am 29, married, no kids yet, my highest weight ever was 245 or so (I didn't like weighing myself at that time). I love learning new things - right now I am taking some credit free classes at a community college - one of which is a Cardio Kick-Boxing class. Whoo hoo! It is definately going to keep me motivated on the exercise end of things! I enjoy gardening, reading, swimming, going to the movies, 'hanging' with friends, and just about anything artsy craftsy. Yes, I like Pina colodas and getting caught in the rain...

I have discovered that my weightloss journey is not only about eating healthy and exercising, but also about looking with in myself to find the courage to change and grow both emotionally and mentally.

I am losing ewight very slowly and very steadily - but I will not give up! I will never go back to my old ways! I have found that there are many veggies that I actualy LIKE! Like these:
Old 03-13-2008, 08:10 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 223/192.6/160

Height: 5'7

Morning all and happy Thursday! We are supposed to get to 60 degrees today! OH MY! I went to the gym after work yesterday... boy oh boy but it is hard to do four days in a row like I am trying to do this week... yesterday I just really had to push to get the 45 minutes in and then just barely made it. I will be going back today though for my last day for the week... I will try and space it out more next week. Food and exercise and water are all on track for the week. Today is the last day that I will be on-line until about Sunday or Monday at the latest so best wishes to everyone that weighs in on the weekends!

SCarver: The pie sounds great! I love making those kinds of things in the summer on the weekends as a treat! The classes that you are taking sound like a ton of fun... I have signed up for a yoga and Zumba class, they both start at the beginning of April and I am really looking forward to those. It is nice to meet you and I am very glad that you have joined our group. I am a project coordinator, along with many other titles , for a software company here in Indiana, I am married and have two boys they are 19 and 23 years old... I love animals and have three wonderful mutts that are spoiled beyond belief... Love to read, knit, work around the house, cook, etc. My step-mother lives in your neck of the woods, Torrington area, I was up there last year for a week in the summer to visit. Love that area of the country!

Well that is about it for me right now... I have to get to work but will check back again later on.

Have a happy day!
Princess
Old 03-13-2008, 11:32 AM   #9  
On My Road To Good Health

S/C/G: 286/256/160

Smile

Princess: You CAN lose 30 pounds and reach your goal by September!

Been busy putting together a movie from music and pix for the boys' basketball banquet this weekend, also have some display boards with pix on them to celebrate the season. It is alot of work...but well worth it! Tonight is for resting and watching Survivor!

Having a good day at work today. Went and got some soup from the kitchen because it is cold in my office today. BRRR! (Could be from drinking all that water!) Had the points to spare!

B: simply quaker oatmeal, banana (5)
S: italian wedding soup, herbal tea (6)
L: turkey and swiss on rye, apple (9)
S: popcorn (2)
D: veggie salad with italian dressing, green beans, steak (6)
Water: plenty, I finish and refill my glass when anyone comes into the office
Exercise: one mile hall-walking

Have a great day everyone! Bethz
Old 03-13-2008, 01:09 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 220/197/160

Height: 5'-3"

Hi everyone:

Princess - have a great time this weekend!

Bethz - you menu sounds yummy

SCraver - your pie recipe sounds great, will definately try this soon.

Today I made: Light jello with 1 cup boiling water & 1 cup skim milk (instead of cold water) 2 points for the whole thing!

Going to my cousins tonight for dinner, so will be eating light throughout the day. We are having a "slumber party" with her 2 daughters so that will be fun. I know there will be snacks & drinks but I will be accountable and journal what I have. This will be my biggest challenge this week.

Have a great OP day!
Old 03-13-2008, 02:57 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 237/227.4/160

Hello all! I have had a bad stomache week and therefore could not do the points. It is discouraging not to be able to stick to WW and then have to pay two weeks when I go back without a loss. I wonder if I could just keep doing it on my own and come here for support? YES! I have the books and point finders. I do need to weigh in and count and keep food track. I started exercise this week again and need some today. Will do! I do love the support of the people at class though. I will succeed! A mountain is only as large as your mind wishes to make it? Am I on the right track? Thanks all.
Old 03-13-2008, 05:59 PM   #12  
Chick

Hi Turtles,
Liz, sorry about your stomach ache. That's not fun! You'll be feeling better soon and be right back on track. Glad you're chiming in. :

SCraver, slow and steady wins the race. Down 14# is wonderful. I also love that you're tracking your miles. It's fun to see the visual.

Bandit, you've got so many good food ideas. I hope you don't mind, but I'm heading up to Canada to join you for dinner and a T-bone tonight. LOL. I love the idea of light Jell-o and have never heard of doing that before.
I'm making it to help stretch my points tonight. Thanks.

About Lauren,
She chimed in here a few months ago and sounded good, so I'm assuming she's okay and is simply posting in another spot. I really loved her and Lin and wish they'd come back, and we haven't heard from Ariana again, and they're all good people.

Princess,
I like the idea of yoga and may get out a tape that I bought that I haven't even opened. Honestly the last time I hurt my leg so badly that I thought it might not be the right exercise for me. I'm wishing you good luck. You're doing great with your exercise. I'm really thinking about what you said about getting in the exercise 4x in a row. I'll be facing the same thing. Yesterday I got carried away from doing a million things, only got to do one mile on the and then went out last night. I'm going to hit the once I'm off the computer because we're entertaining this weekend and then we're grabbing a couple of days at the beach again before it gets crowded. Although we walk in town, it's not the same intensity or distance as I do on my machine. So it's doubly important that I get on the machine today and tomorrow before my company comes in.

Okay, really gotta go. Glad to hear Boot Camp is working out.
Had lunch out and had a portobello mushroom with mozzarella on a bun and loads of veggies. However, I think I may go back to a salad with grilled chicken because the cheese was pretty pointy when you combine it with the calories of a bun. Hmmmmm. Food for thought.
Take care and be well. Princess, have a great weekend away. We'll all be thinking of you.
JUdy
234.6/214.8/thinner into onederland
Old 03-14-2008, 10:06 AM   #13  
On My Road To Good Health

S/C/G: 286/256/160

Smile

Good news on the scale this morning... lost 3 pounds this week!:

Had a good on plan week, got most of my exercise and plenty of water in!

Son returns overseas on Thursday! Will spend the weekend with us, then set out to Boston to see his sister and visit with his children...has been great to have him around. His teen brothers enjoy him so, and look up to him. We all will look forward to his eventual return to the area late this year or early next year.

Lots of company coming to visit, and the basketball banquet on Sunday...a busy weekend ahead!

Will check in on Monday. Beth
Old 03-14-2008, 10:52 AM   #14  

Hi Turtles,
Good to hear so many are really working the program and seeing results.

Beth- Wow. Congrats on the 3 pounds lost.

Liz - with that frame of mind you will succeed.

Bandit- a "slumber party" sound like lots of fun

Princess - that is great that you are staying on track

SCraver- that pie sounds great. My highest weight was 232

Judy - Sounds like you are doing great with the boot camp challenge. It is fun to read all the ideas and encouragement from everyone.
Old 03-14-2008, 12:28 PM   #15  
I'm Just a Little Crazy

Lizabeth2: Ooo... Tummy aches are the worst - easpecially when you are trying to eat right. I see you are out in PA = I have some family that lives out that way, near Altoona (They live in Roaring Spring and Martinsburg.)

Bandit2: MILK in your jello? hmmm.. I will have to try that sometime, just for curiosity's sake (it is probably lower cal than vodka! Lol!)

Princess1122: I know where Torrington is! I actually have a friend that lives near there - of course, in CT everything is near everywhere.

Yesterday, I parked at my sisters house and walked/jogged to my Cardio Kick-Boxing class (they're both on the same street - it's just under a mile) and I loved it so much, that I think I will do it for the rest of the classes!! (My bum and legs are sore today!!)
Then she and I went to Red Robin - I ordered the turkey burger. I thought this would be better than cow. But then I got the fried onion straws on it... Mmmmmmmmmmmm...
BUT! I only had half!
How many points do we figure that is? 12???
I don't feel bad at all. I kicked and punched my way through class - I am sure I burned up some points!
Closed Thread