South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Old 03-11-2008, 10:25 PM   #1  
Beach Bum

Height: 5' 7"

Default Recipe ideas?

I was watching Rachel Ray the other day and she was making Pasta alla Norma. This was roasted eggplant, roasted garlic and roasted grape tomatoes. She peeled the roasted eggplant, squeezed the roasted garlic in, added the roasted tomatoes and about a cup of the pasta liquid and then mashed it all a bit with a potato masher and then added a bit of grated parm. She added pasta to the mix.
It looks like something very tasty. I was wondering if anyone has an idea of something to serve this over instead of pasta or spaghetti squash. My mind is drawing a blank.
SkinnyDogMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2008, 05:56 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

How about serving it over spagetti squash? It would even be good over raw shredded cabbage or roasted green beans, too. Another idea is to eat it over eggs, that would make a great breakfast!
cottagebythesea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2008, 06:29 AM   #3  
-

S/C/G: Size 16 to 18/Size 6/I'm there

Height: 5"3" Age: 55

Sounds like it would be yummy served over grilled fish or chicken or even pork loin. Maybe instead of pasta liquid you could use a little wine with chicken or vegetable stock?
femmecreole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2008, 07:59 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 261/252/145

Height: 5'4"

Yeah, it sounds great! I wouldn't need to put it over anything personally, I love eggplant and it would make a great side dish!
Schmoodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2008, 11:08 AM   #5  
Beach Bum

Height: 5' 7"

Thanks Ladies,
I think maybe we'll try it over eggs first.
I love eggplant too, but in this dish, there was only 1 medium eggplant to 2 packages of grape tomatoes and 1 whole head of garlic. Once the eggplant was roasted and peeled, there wasn't a lot of volume of eggplant left. I suppose just increasing to 2 eggplants would work too.
Thanks again for the ideas!
Karla
SkinnyDogMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2008, 12:11 PM   #6  
Come on ONEderland!

S/C/G: 254/ticker/175

Height: 5'-7"

How about making an eggplant parm and using that sauce as a topper? I know that usually you bread the eggplant, but you could make a crust of parm cheese and egg and pan fry it- not quite the same, but might be tasty. Make sure you get a good crust on it.
uscarchie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2008, 12:46 PM   #7  

S/C/G: HW 226/ CW217/ GW 145

Height: 5'4

I have been making a layered dish with either egg plant that I cook first ( use olive oil spray) or zucchini layer it with cottage cheese(I never cared much for riccota cheese), tomato sauce, some mozz cheese, onions. I dont miss the noodles at all.I have even put some cauliflower in too
mommamurray is offline   Reply With Quote